A sign this board has learned our lesson

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
GameFAQSAggie

A sign this board has learned our lesson

Post by GameFAQSAggie » December 6th, 2019, 9:51 pm

We made it through the entire PAC-12 Championship game without a single post jumping the gun about Utah being overrated.

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Re: A sign this board has learned our lesson

Post by aggies22 » December 6th, 2019, 9:54 pm

I think those dudes did a great job of proving that themselves.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 4):
MadmartiganbigblueAggieFBObsessionFriendofMerlin

bluegrouse

Post by bluegrouse » December 6th, 2019, 10:08 pm

aggies22 wrote:
December 6th, 2019, 9:54 pm
:) :) :)

LKGates

Post by LKGates » December 6th, 2019, 10:17 pm

aggies22 wrote:
#PlayTheGame

Freelance adventurer and international man of mystery.

flying_scotsman2.0

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » December 6th, 2019, 10:19 pm

I interacted with some Ute fans on Twitter earlier this week. Maybe it was just the vocal minority on Twitter, but after the interaction I hoped and prayed that they'd get the crap beaten out of them. I dislike Utah way more than BYU at this point.
These users thanked the author flying_scotsman2.0 for the post (total 2):
aggieguy13Full

aggieguy13

Post by aggieguy13 » December 6th, 2019, 10:36 pm

flying_scotsman2.0 wrote:
December 6th, 2019, 10:19 pm
I interacted with some Ute fans on Twitter earlier this week. Maybe it was just the vocal minority on Twitter, but after the interaction I hoped and prayed that they'd get the crap beaten out of them. I dislike Utah way more than BYU at this point.
Ute Twitter is just a more readable CougarBoard.

Sl7vk

Post by Sl7vk » December 6th, 2019, 10:38 pm

Living in Salt Lake it’s pretty hard to tolerate Ute fan. I could go on as to why, but I think most of you have gotten exposure to what I mean.
To me there are 2 takeaways from this game.

1) Whittingham just plays not to lose and as such will never win the big ones. Down 23-15 in the 4th with 7 minutes left 4th and 3 from the Oregon 40.
Punt.
He had all the momentum and a TD would have changed the outcome of the game. But he’s a coward.

2) scheduling cupcakes in non Pac12 play hurts them in these types of game. You could literally see how much Oregon had learned from the Auburn game. Utah playin Northern Illinois ans god knows who else wasn’t battle tested and had no grit.
Any team afraid to come to Logan every other year has no place what so ever in the CFP.

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » December 6th, 2019, 11:00 pm

aggieguy13 wrote:
December 6th, 2019, 10:36 pm
To me this is like saying drowning is more preferable than electrocution.
These users thanked the author brownjeans for the post (total 2):
flying_scotsman2.0JSHarvey

mcaggie1

Post by mcaggie1 » December 6th, 2019, 11:06 pm

aggies22 wrote:
Please drop the e from dudes.
These users thanked the author mcaggie1 for the post (total 4):
aggies22flying_scotsman2.0Aggie_in_IdahoAggieFBObsession

flying_scotsman2.0

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » December 7th, 2019, 12:30 am

aggieguy13 wrote:
Cougar board is something else, but the Ute fans on Twitter are the worst I’ve ever tried to interact with. Complete asshats.

sneed

Post by sneed » December 7th, 2019, 1:13 am

aggieguy13 wrote:
Cougar board is something else, but the Ute fans on Twitter are the worst I’ve ever tried to interact with. Complete asshats.
It is weird. All the Utes I know are fine. Twitter Utes seem like BYU fans pretending to be Utes to make Utes look bad or something.

dyedblue

Post by dyedblue » December 7th, 2019, 2:47 am

We can mock Whitt and their schedule all we want, but one thing I thought about while watching the game last night is that even down 20-0 at half time the Utes didn’t roll over and play dead. They can back with some fire and win the third quarter 15-3. They ended up getting rolled, but at least they fought back.

How do we get our team to do the same thing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » December 7th, 2019, 5:23 am

dyedblue wrote:
December 7th, 2019, 2:47 am
We can mock Whitt and their schedule all we want, but one thing I thought about while watching the game last night is that even down 20-0 at half time the Utes didn’t roll over and play dead. They can back with some fire and win the third quarter 15-3. They ended up getting rolled, but at least they fought back.

How do we get our team to do the same thing?

I wish Boise State would give us an entire half of the field to run and then commit a stupid personal foul right in front of an official. I wish Air Force would false start at big crucial moments. Do you think we could get LSU to snap the ball all the way to their own goal line, and we could hit Burrow the way Anae hit Herbert and not have it called targeting, automatic 1st down? And although it wasn't a scoring drive, it was the height of Utah potentially "coming back"- that PI would never get called in our favor.

Make no mistake Oregon dominated that game. The score is closer than the game actually was. #5 & #25 dominated the entire Utah offense.

In addition, Utah was healthier this year with a lot more seniors.
Last edited by Imakeitrain on December 7th, 2019, 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author Imakeitrain for the post:
Sl7vk

Mr. Sneelock

Post by Mr. Sneelock » December 7th, 2019, 6:14 am

I am learning that this is the key to peace and happiness in this life: (1) Don't read the comments section; (2) don't feed the trolls; and (3) don't interact with asshats on social media.

Literally every Ute fan I know in person is fine. The vast majority are great people who love their team. I know a couple of Zoobie douchebags, but even they are mostly great people who love their team. Hell, I have run across some idiot Aggies too.

As a whole, we take college sports way too seriously. I'm just as guilty as anyone. It's kind of a joke really. I have to remind myself that in the grand scheme of things, football is just a bunch of big sweaty dudes you don't know playing a game with a ball. It's fun to watch, but the tribalism of sports is funny. At the end of the day, we're all just cheering for laundry. We love the guys wearing our shirts no matter who wears them, and hate the guys wearing the other shirts, no matter who is wearing it. If they all switched uniforms at halftime, we'd probably love their guys, and hate ours.
These users thanked the author Mr. Sneelock for the post (total 4):
Aggie19Zaggie07NibleyAgJSHarvey

Formerly TulsAGGIE

TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY

Post by TheAKAggie » December 7th, 2019, 7:07 am

Sl7vk wrote:Living in Salt Lake it’s pretty hard to tolerate Ute fan. I could go on as to why, but I think most of you have gotten exposure to what I mean.

1) Whittingham just plays not to lose and as such will never win the big ones. Down 23-15 in the 4th with 7 minutes left 4th and 3 from the Oregon 40.
Punt.
He had all the momentum and a TD would have changed the outcome of the game. But he’s a coward.

2) scheduling cupcakes in non Pac12 play hurts them in these types of game. You could literally see how much Oregon had learned from the Auburn game. Utah playin Northern Illinois ans god knows who else wasn’t battle tested and had no grit.
Any team afraid to come to Logan every other year has no place what so ever in the CFP.
They went for it on 4th early and often...

These users thanked the author TheAKAggie for the post:
sneed

Hail Aggies!

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » December 7th, 2019, 7:14 am

Sl7vk wrote:
December 6th, 2019, 10:38 pm
You have to admit, it was a good thing we didn't play them in Logan this year. It would have turned out like 2004, 2006 and 2008.

Sl7vk

Post by Sl7vk » December 7th, 2019, 8:32 am

TheAKAggie wrote:
December 7th, 2019, 7:07 am
Sl7vk wrote:Living in Salt Lake it’s pretty hard to tolerate Ute fan. I could go on as to why, but I think most of you have gotten exposure to what I mean.

Punt.

They went for it on 4th early and often...

But not when it mattered most.

Sl7vk

Post by Sl7vk » December 7th, 2019, 8:33 am

GameFAQSAggie wrote:
December 7th, 2019, 7:14 am
Sl7vk wrote:
December 6th, 2019, 10:38 pm
You have to admit, it was a good thing we didn't play them in Logan this year. It would have turned out like 2004, 2006 and 2008.
Absolutely no question about it.

thegreendalegelf

Post by thegreendalegelf » December 7th, 2019, 8:37 am

sneed wrote:
December 7th, 2019, 1:13 am
aggieguy13 wrote:
It is weird. All the Utes I know are fine. Twitter Utes seem like BYU fans pretending to be Utes to make Utes look bad or something.
There are a lot of Aggie fans that are similar and fairly embarrassing to the fan base. Every fan base has them.

Sl7vk

Post by Sl7vk » December 7th, 2019, 8:41 am

thegreendalegelf wrote:
December 7th, 2019, 8:37 am
sneed wrote:
December 7th, 2019, 1:13 am
aggieguy13 wrote:
There are a lot of Aggie fans that are similar and fairly embarrassing to the fan base. Every fan base has them.
And many post here regularly.
Go look at Utefans or Utehub. There are almost no recriminations. General consensus is that Oregon just had the better athletes. 99 percent of the takes are classy.
Here when we lose to LSU there are those that believe we were simply outschemed or didn’t have any fight. Pffffffffff.

gomretat

Post by gomretat » December 7th, 2019, 3:25 pm

I would have loved to have seen he Utes win. Their fans can be obnoxious but they can back it up a lot better than BYU fans who are much worse. I have zero problem with them not playing us. If I were the AD I would do the same thing.

AggieFBObsession

Post by AggieFBObsession » December 7th, 2019, 3:33 pm

It's not about being battle tested. Oregon has better athletes on both sides of the ball due to Nike and recruiting.

Utah State had similar issues with talent this year, where we were lacking severely in certain positions, but it's also about coaching. The comments about Coach Whit not being willing to take risks are spot on. Coaching plays a big role in the game.

Also, when you're not a great football team and your opponent knows it, there's less pressure on them and they make fewer mistakes. We can't expect penalties and mistakes from our opponents until we put pressure on them.

calaggie

Post by calaggie » December 7th, 2019, 3:38 pm

gomretat wrote:
December 7th, 2019, 3:25 pm
I have zero problem with them not playing us. If I were the AD I would do the same thing.
Stockholm syndrome?

dyedblue

Post by dyedblue » December 7th, 2019, 3:43 pm

gomretat wrote:I would have loved to have seen he Utes win. Their fans can be obnoxious but they can back it up a lot better than BYU fans who are much worse. I have zero problem with them not playing us. If I were the AD I would do the same thing.

I would have no problem with them not playing us if they didn’t schedule home and home games with SJSU, Wyoming, and NIU.

I also think it is chicken (I can't express myself without swearing) they won’t play us in basketball.

Other than than, I agree with your post.

“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

gomretat

Post by gomretat » December 7th, 2019, 5:29 pm

Utah has nothing to gain by playing us in any sport. We might not like it but it is smart on their part. And living in Utah County I am already hearing all of the gloating by Cougar fans as if Utahs loss makes BYU better. They love to rip the PAC 12 even though they would give an arm and leg to be in any P5.

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » December 7th, 2019, 6:13 pm

gomretat wrote:Utah has nothing to gain by playing us in any sport. We might not like it but it is smart on their part. And living in Utah County I am already hearing all of the gloating by Cougar fans as if Utahs loss makes BYU better. They love to rip the PAC 12 even though they would give an arm and leg to be in any P5.
What do they gain by playing other teams that they don’t gain by playing us?

These users thanked the author 2004AG for the post:
Sl7vk

blueaggie

Post by blueaggie » December 7th, 2019, 6:18 pm

gomretat wrote:
December 7th, 2019, 5:29 pm
Utah has nothing to gain by playing us in any sport. We might not like it but it is smart on their part. And living in Utah County I am already hearing all of the gloating by Cougar fans as if Utahs loss makes BYU better. They love to rip the PAC 12 even though they would give an arm and leg to be in any P5.
So I guess we should never play Weber State and Southern Utah in football because we have nothing to gain. Also what do they gain by playing Wyoming, NIU, San Jose etc! And why don't they play us in basketball? It used to be a great rivalry in both football and basketball! The last three years we played them in football the games were always close and exciting. Being a state school they should be required to play us at least every other year! Go Aggies
These users thanked the author blueaggie for the post:
Sl7vk

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » December 8th, 2019, 2:26 pm

One day USU and CSU will join the PAC-14 to balance everything right in the world.

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

Locked Previous topicNext topic