The problem this year....

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Smokin Joe

The problem this year....

Post by Smokin Joe » November 24th, 2019, 3:08 pm

We don't have the horses--on either either side of the ball.
These users thanked the author Smokin Joe for the post:
Sl7vk

hickaggie

Re: The problem this year....

Post by hickaggie » November 24th, 2019, 3:21 pm

That's only half the problem. Watch last night's game and watch our D-line playing at half speed, getting blown off the ball and refusing to get down, never following their guards on pulls, and making no effort to maintain the edge or squeeze the tackles.

Talent is one thing effort is another. Do you think its OK to miss on one pass rush move and quit while the QB runs right through your lane. Do you think its OK to allow yourself to keep getting blown off the ball. Yeah a guy surprises you once but you get lower the next time. He does it again and you go down and take him with you and gum up the play. Never should an interior lineman allow his guy to the second level more than once. If you are never forcing double teams what the hell do you expect the result to be for your poor LBs.
These users thanked the author hickaggie for the post:
NavyBlueAggie

GUS

Post by GUS » November 24th, 2019, 3:28 pm

I agree with hickaggie. There was a huge lack of effort last night. They almost seemed disinterested. It was disgusting to watch.

captain68
Has thanked: 0

Post by captain68 » November 24th, 2019, 3:34 pm

Yup, it’s not so much that they lost that makes me feel so sad as it is the way that they lost. I can’t remember a recent Aggie team that has just rolled over the way they did last night. There was little effort, and even less heart. I felt the same way against Air Force and BYU.
These users thanked the author captain68 for the post:
AgMac

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » November 24th, 2019, 4:32 pm

I wonder if the coaches are focused too much on making the players feel loved and not enough on making a them a good football team.
These users thanked the author brownjeans for the post:
aggies22

AgMac

Post by AgMac » November 24th, 2019, 5:14 pm

brownjeans wrote:
November 24th, 2019, 4:32 pm
I wonder if the coaches are focused too much on making the players feel loved and not enough on making a them a good football team.
I've had this same thought as I've watched an incredibly undisciplined team who seems to lack effort at times.
These users thanked the author AgMac for the post:
aggies22

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » November 24th, 2019, 7:40 pm

AgMac wrote:
November 24th, 2019, 5:14 pm
brownjeans wrote:
I've had this same thought as I've watched an incredibly undisciplined team who seems to lack effort at times.
Yeah... After I have that thought, and read my post, I wonder if I'm an (I can't express myself without swearing). 😕

Jjoey53

Post by Jjoey53 » November 24th, 2019, 7:53 pm

brownjeans wrote:
AgMac wrote:
brownjeans wrote:
Yeah... After I have that thought, and read my post, I wonder if I'm an a**hole. Image
No, that was established long ago. Image Image

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author Jjoey53 for the post (total 2):
brownjeanssam tingey

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » November 24th, 2019, 8:49 pm

Jjoey53 wrote:
November 24th, 2019, 7:53 pm
brownjeans wrote:
AgMac wrote:
brownjeans wrote:
Yeah... After I have that thought, and read my post, I wonder if I'm an a**hole. Image
No, that was established long ago. Image Image
LOL. Reminds me of my answer to my wife when she asks, "are we bad parents because we..."
I reply, "we're bad parents, but there are probably better reasons."

Jjoey53

Post by Jjoey53 » November 24th, 2019, 10:58 pm

You left yourself wide open for that. I just happened to be the first one who seen that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Chatman

Post by Chatman » November 24th, 2019, 11:11 pm

captain68 wrote:
November 24th, 2019, 3:34 pm
Yup, it’s not so much that they lost that makes me feel so sad as it is the way that they lost. I can’t remember a recent Aggie team that has just rolled over the way they did last night. There was little effort, and even less heart. I felt the same way against Air Force and BYU.
This is going to end up being a 7 or 8 win team. But those three embarrassing blowout loses make the season seem like a failure. I can handle losing those games, but not getting completely embarrassed because of lack of preparation and effort. That should not be acceptable. Especially 3-4 times in one year.
These users thanked the author Chatman for the post:
NavyBlueAggie

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » November 25th, 2019, 8:51 am

Chatman wrote:
November 24th, 2019, 11:11 pm
captain68 wrote:
November 24th, 2019, 3:34 pm
This is going to end up being a 7 or 8 win team. But those three embarrassing blowout loses make the season seem like a failure. I can handle losing those games, but not getting completely embarrassed because of lack of preparation and effort. That should not be acceptable. Especially 3-4 times in one year.
Agreed. I said a very similar thing in another thread. We'll likely win 8 games and it feels like a 3 win season. After watching horrible football for so many years, it's kind of strange having expectations now.

NavyBlueAggie

Post by NavyBlueAggie » November 25th, 2019, 10:28 am

AgMac wrote:
brownjeans wrote:
I've not seen a lack of pride and effort displayed on Saturday in many, many decades. This team looked out of energy and without pride,,,,a couple of positions excepted. The coaches own this disaster. You're doing just fine brownjeans, no nasty labels on you for your posts.
These users thanked the author NavyBlueAggie for the post:
brownjeans

FloridaAggie13

Post by FloridaAggie13 » November 25th, 2019, 10:56 am

It was interesting to see how Boise DC schemed to get his best pass rusher in preferable matchups.

On the flip side...we line our best pass rusher six inches away from a 300 lb OL or use him as a "spy". I'm quite sure other teams scheme to neutralize him, but the last time I checked it isn't against the rules to scheme against their scheme. Or, maybe our DC is too tired.

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » November 25th, 2019, 11:06 am

I also felt like there was an overall lack of effort. It was really weird based on the game being played. I'm curious what is going on, but I will probably never know.

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » November 25th, 2019, 11:11 am

That game was so bad, if that same team shows up on the football field on Saturday, we'll lose again!

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

YoungBloodAggie

Post by YoungBloodAggie » November 25th, 2019, 11:48 am

ViAggie wrote:
November 25th, 2019, 11:11 am
That game was so bad, if that same team shows up on the football field on Saturday, we'll lose again!
Fortunately I think Boise has a game against a different opponent, so they are unlikely to show up again.

Jordan Nathan’s ACTUAL #1 Fan

oleblu111
RIP

Post by oleblu111 » November 25th, 2019, 12:09 pm

Well we have 2 conference losses this season to a 9-2 AFA that should beat Wyoming to reach the 10 wins. BSU is a 10-1 loss team with a final with CSU so they will have a 11 win season. We should beat N.M. which gives us a 6-2 conference record, and a bowl game.

Losing to LSU, BYU which gave BSU their only loss, Wake forest which has a very good team, plus the loss to BSU, AFA means we have not lost to a poor team in any game this season. Do I think we are where we need to be of course not, but it is not as bad as some claim.

hickaggie

Post by hickaggie » November 25th, 2019, 2:29 pm

oleblu111 wrote:
November 25th, 2019, 12:09 pm
Well we have 2 conference losses this season to a 9-2 AFA that should beat Wyoming to reach the 10 wins. BSU is a 10-1 loss team with a final with CSU so they will have a 11 win season. We should beat N.M. which gives us a 6-2 conference record, and a bowl game.

Losing to LSU, BYU which gave BSU their only loss, Wake forest which has a very good team, plus the loss to BSU, AFA means we have not lost to a poor team in any game this season. Do I think we are where we need to be of course not, but it is not as bad as some claim.
Looking at wins and losses tells you nothing. This team got their asses whupped up front by an Oline worse than Wyoming's. They were playing half speed on the D-line. Regression in both technique, scheme, and effort. I got in trouble for saying the team had quit on their coaches with Wells 3 years ago when they killed a horrible Fresno team but did it sloppily and without effort and celebrating like they had hung the moon. I was right and the team went 3-9.

I undertand Woody was a huge loss. I understand our LBs and DBs suck, but the regression in passion, discipline, effort, scheme, and technique is unacceptable. How they can be up for Wyoming and not give a rat's (I can't express myself without swearing) against Boise is on the coaches. So is the scheme and technique.

El Sapo

Post by El Sapo » November 30th, 2019, 11:45 am

hickaggie wrote:
November 25th, 2019, 2:29 pm
oleblu111 wrote:

Looking at wins and losses tells you nothing. This team got their asses whupped up front by an Oline worse than Wyoming's. They were playing half speed on the D-line. Regression in both technique, scheme, and effort. I got in trouble for saying the team had quit on their coaches with Wells 3 years ago when they killed a horrible Fresno team but did it sloppily and without effort and celebrating like they had hung the moon. I was right and the team went 3-9.

I undertand Woody was a huge loss. I understand our LBs and DBs suck, but the regression in passion, discipline, effort, scheme, and technique is unacceptable. How they can be up for Wyoming and not give a rat's a** against Boise is on the coaches. So is the scheme and technique.
:cheers:

It's tough not to be competitive with the better teams on our schedule. I don't think it's a talent issue. We have the players to be competitive, we lack coaching. I'm not ready to give up on this crew because it's only been 1 year, but the coaching clearly needs to improve.
These users thanked the author El Sapo for the post:
FloridaAggie13

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » November 30th, 2019, 1:29 pm

oleblu111 wrote:

Not that we lost, but how we lost. Don't care about the LSU game. You could argue byu, Boise State and Air Force all had their best games of the season against us. That is a problem. The only teams this year byu has beaten down like they did us were Idaho State and UMass. They also did it on our field. That isn't acceptable. There aren't excuses for that.
These users thanked the author Aggie formerly in Hawaii for the post:
Aggie19

Locked Previous topicNext topic