USU Event Services (ticket sales) is a J O K E

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
rAggie

USU Event Services (ticket sales) is a J O K E

Post by rAggie » November 23rd, 2019, 12:57 pm

Attendance is going to be pathetic tonight. Yes, I blame late November 8:30 game but USU Event Services, who now runs ticket sales, pricing any would be impulse buyers out of this game with $43 minimum priced tickets is an absolute joke.

USU Event services is on twitter @usuevent and I encourage everyone to send them nastygrams. They are completely out of touch.

Showing my True Colors since 2022

TrueBlueAggie123

Re: USU Event Services (ticket sales) is a J O K E

Post by TrueBlueAggie123 » November 23rd, 2019, 1:08 pm

It’s a huge game against a ranked opponent. It’s not going to be cheap. Anywhere else in the country, tickets to this type of game would be at least $100. That’s not the Event Services fault at all and blaming them is wrong. Attendance will be great tonight. I’m more worried about the student attendance then general attendance. Students gotta show up and be loud and proud.

rAggie

Post by rAggie » November 23rd, 2019, 1:13 pm

TrueBlueAggie123 wrote:
November 23rd, 2019, 1:08 pm
It’s a huge game against a ranked opponent. It’s not going to be cheap. Anywhere else in the country, tickets to this type of game would be at least $100. That’s not the Event Services fault at all and blaming them is wrong. Attendance will be great tonight. I’m more worried about the student attendance then general attendance. Students gotta show up and be loud and proud.
The cheapest ticket to Colorado @ Utah next week is $18. Stop lying.
These users thanked the author rAggie for the post:
USU78

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » November 23rd, 2019, 1:16 pm

Boise fans alone would buy that up.

rAggie

Post by rAggie » November 23rd, 2019, 1:19 pm

Also sorry mods I missed the other thread about this topic. Can you combine? I did want to point our though that it is USU Event Services running ticket sales, not USU Athletics.

TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY

Post by TheAKAggie » November 23rd, 2019, 1:23 pm

TrueBlueAggie123 wrote:It’s a huge game against a ranked opponent. It’s not going to be cheap. Anywhere else in the country, tickets to this type of game would be at least $100. That’s not the Event Services fault at all and blaming them is wrong. Attendance will be great tonight. I’m more worried about the student attendance then general attendance. Students gotta show up and be loud and proud.
Students show up for night games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hail Aggies!

AGNUMPI

Post by AGNUMPI » November 23rd, 2019, 1:24 pm

rAggie wrote:
November 23rd, 2019, 1:13 pm
TrueBlueAggie123 wrote:
For standing room only at the top of the stadium. The cheapest actual seat is $38.

"Be there. Get crazy. Go Aggies!" - Matt 'Fafner' Sonnenberg

AGNUMPI

Post by AGNUMPI » November 23rd, 2019, 1:24 pm

AGNUMPI wrote:
November 23rd, 2019, 1:24 pm
rAggie wrote:
TrueBlueAggie123 wrote:
For standing room only at the top of the stadium. The cheapest actual seat is $38.
Also, Colorado is 4-6.
These users thanked the author AGNUMPI for the post:
TrueBlueAggie123

ususports

Post by ususports » November 23rd, 2019, 1:27 pm

AGNUMPI wrote:
AGNUMPI wrote:
rAggie wrote:
TrueBlueAggie123 wrote:
Also, Colorado is 4-6.
38<43. My 2 year old knows that. Also, Utah is a top 10 team. I thought that means automatic tickets sales based on what I have read on this board.

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » November 23rd, 2019, 1:32 pm

Good hell we have some of the most whiny fans I have ever seen. If the cost is too much for you then don't go. Me and my family will be there. Everyone knew this was going to be a big game before the season started. season tickets for general admission and the south end zone is like $115 for six games so it's not like people haven't had plenty of opportunities to buy those season tickets before today. Now should the ticket office probably do some other deals yes probably on Thursday they should have probably drop the price to twenty-five or Thirty but I'm not going to sit out here and scold them for it.
These users thanked the author Aggie84025 for the post (total 5):
TrueBlueAggie123bluegrousesneedWillCut72thegreendalegelf

TrueBlueAggie123

Post by TrueBlueAggie123 » November 23rd, 2019, 1:34 pm

AGNUMPI wrote:
AGNUMPI wrote:
rAggie wrote:
TrueBlueAggie123 wrote:
Also, Colorado is 4-6.
Also that game isn’t a division determining game. Buck up and get over it. It’s a huge game and tickets aren’t gonna be cheap. I seriously don’t understand why we have to complain about every little thing.

ususports

Post by ususports » November 23rd, 2019, 1:40 pm

Aggie84025 wrote:
November 23rd, 2019, 1:32 pm
Good hell we have some of the most whiny fans I have ever seen. If the cost is too much for you then don't go. Me and my family will be there. Everyone knew this was going to be a big game before the season started. season tickets for general admission and the south end zone is like $115 for six games so it's not like people haven't had plenty of opportunities to buy those season tickets before today. Now should the ticket office probably do some other deals yes probably on Thursday they should have probably drop the price to twenty-five or Thirty but I'm not going to sit out here and scold them for it.
I don't view the original post as whining. In case you care, I have tickets and will be at the game. However, people do need to stop defending the people in charge of ticket sales (and the stupidity that goes along with their actions), as their job is to increase sales/attendance. That is what they are paid to do. Instead, they spend all of their time on social media criticizing fans for not buying them. If they used that time coming up with creative marketing ideas and executing them, they would actually be earning their paycheck. Instead they are collecting a paycheck to advertise that they aren't the problem.
Last edited by ususports on November 23rd, 2019, 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author ususports for the post:
rAggie

bluegrouse

Post by bluegrouse » November 23rd, 2019, 1:55 pm

I think it’s more than a pricing issue. I’ve had tickets I’ve been trying to give away for free for three days now. Very little interest.

MWCFAN12

Post by MWCFAN12 » November 23rd, 2019, 1:56 pm

i can buy LSU vs Miss state tickets for $9

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » November 23rd, 2019, 2:14 pm

ususports wrote:
November 23rd, 2019, 1:40 pm
Aggie84025 wrote:
I don't view the original post as whining. In case you care, I have tickets and will be at the game. However, people do need to stop defending the people in charge of ticket sales (and the stupidity that goes along with their actions), as their job is to increase sales/attendance. That is what they are paid to do. Instead, they spend all of their time on social media criticizing fans for not buying them. If they used that time coming up with creative marketing ideas and executing them, they would actually be earning their paycheck. Instead they are collecting a paycheck to advertise that they aren't the problem.
I for sure agree that the ticket office can do a better job at marketing and trying to get people in the seats. That being said is all we ever hear about from fans is the prices, the time, the weather it's just excuse after excuse. For sure the ticket office can do better but the fans in general can do better. Here we have a game against a top 20 team for a chance to keep our hopes alive at a Mountain West championship and the biggest thread on this board for the whole week has been a thread complaining about ticket prices versus talking about the game.

AGNUMPI

Post by AGNUMPI » November 23rd, 2019, 2:24 pm

ususports wrote:
November 23rd, 2019, 1:40 pm
Aggie84025 wrote:

AGNUMPI

Post by AGNUMPI » November 23rd, 2019, 2:34 pm

ususports wrote:
November 23rd, 2019, 1:27 pm
AGNUMPI wrote:
AGNUMPI wrote:
rAggie wrote:
TrueBlueAggie123 wrote:
Also, Colorado is 4-6.
38<43. My 2 year old knows that. Also, Utah is a top 10 team. I thought that means automatic tickets sales based on what I have read on this board.
Smart 2yo. Does he know that 18<<<<<<<38? They have a much larger stadium to sell out, and they've pretty much sold it out. It's crazy to think that $5, or $10 would make such a huge difference in peoples lives.

It seems like there is a lot of oversimplification going on. There are other things that should be considered, and I'm fairly confident that none of us have the info needed to make decisions like what the actual ticket cost should be.

Does Utah not raise ticket prices if they have a top 25 team going to their stadium?

rAggie

Post by rAggie » November 23rd, 2019, 2:41 pm

Aggie84025 wrote:
Yeah just to be clear I have season tickets, to both football and basketball, and contribute as much as I possibly can to the program. I am not whining, I am looking at contributing factors to a not full stadium and am getting mad.

Price is the easiest thing we can control. But here’s the thing: it isn’t USU Athletics setting the price. It is Event Services. And they seemingly couldn’t care less about whether the stadium is half full or not.

I just want people at the games because the more others invest in the program, the more my investment appreciates.

MWCFAN12

Post by MWCFAN12 » November 23rd, 2019, 2:44 pm

rAggie wrote:
November 23rd, 2019, 2:41 pm
Aggie84025 wrote:
Yeah just to be clear I have season tickets, to both football and basketball, and contribute as much as I possibly can to the program. I am not whining, I am looking at contributing factors to a not full stadium and am getting mad.

Price is the easiest thing we can control. But here’s the thing: it isn’t USU Athletics setting the price. It is Event Services. And they seemingly couldn’t care less about whether the stadium is half full or not.

I just want people at the games because the more others invest in the program, the more my investment appreciates.
Didn't you want a clear plastic bag to put over your head to suffocate yourself in another thread cuz you were embarrassed by people posting about this kind of thing?

Mr. Sneelock

Post by Mr. Sneelock » November 23rd, 2019, 2:57 pm

TrueBlueAggie123 wrote:
But we are who we are, our fanbase is small, and the tickets are very obviously priced too high. You have to take that into account. There won't be significant walkup sales either at that price. Tons of tickets are still available a few hours before kickoff. It doesn't take a genius to see that the price is/was too high. Probably too late now.

Yes, our tickets in general may be cheaper than everywhere else (certainly not for this game), but that is irrelevant. You have to price to the market for your product. And they flat-out missed on this one.

They should immediately lower the price to $10-15 for all walk-up fans that are wearing Aggie gear to fill the stadium. Get on all the social media channels and pregame radio shows and announce it.

Formerly TulsAGGIE

AndroidAggie

Post by AndroidAggie » November 23rd, 2019, 3:19 pm

MWCFAN12 wrote:
November 23rd, 2019, 2:44 pm
Didn't you want a clear plastic bag to put over your head to suffocate yourself in another thread cuz you were embarrassed by people posting about this kind of thing?
i can never tell when complaining is a valid take on pointing out the unfair/unwise state of things and when it's unwelcome and negative nellying.

ususports

Post by ususports » November 23rd, 2019, 3:32 pm

AndroidAggie wrote:
November 23rd, 2019, 3:19 pm
MWCFAN12 wrote:
i can never tell when complaining is a valid take on pointing out the unfair/unwise state of things and when it's unwelcome and negative nellying.
If you are a member of the ticket sales staff, you can walk on water and do no wrong. In fact, you can even go on social media and bash your potential customers (but won't be customers because of the bashing) as many times as you would like, and that is positive. However, if you are not a member of the ticket sales staff, you have to applaud them for no marketing and having too many empty seats. Clear?

rAggie

Post by rAggie » November 23rd, 2019, 4:02 pm

MWCFAN12 wrote:
rAggie wrote:
November 23rd, 2019, 2:41 pm
Aggie84025 wrote:

Yeah man that was me. I feel like there’s a stark difference between saying you’re going to cancel your season tickets because of a clear bag policy and saying we should maybe realize ticket prices are too high when there are thousands of seats unsold game after game.

303aggie

Post by 303aggie » November 23rd, 2019, 4:09 pm

just counted roughly 1800 open seats and who knows how many $43 GA tickets are left... but lets say 700 GA tickets are left. Thats roughly 2,500 empty seats in a 25,000 capacity stadium. That is 10% of the stadium... its unfortunate. Price them at $21 GA and $40 reserved(instead of $63) and you'd have yourself a sell out.

AndroidAggie

Post by AndroidAggie » November 23rd, 2019, 4:10 pm

ususports wrote:
November 23rd, 2019, 3:32 pm
If you are a member of the ticket sales staff, you can walk on water and do no wrong. In fact, you can even go on social media and bash your potential customers (but won't be customers because of the bashing) as many times as you would like, and that is positive. However, if you are not a member of the ticket sales staff, you have to applaud them for no marketing and having too many empty seats. Clear?
Nobody said that about the ticket sales office. Nor about the validity of the complaint.

Maybe we could all just give each other some space when they complain, eh?

brian5562

Post by brian5562 » November 23rd, 2019, 4:20 pm

$43 is too high but last year on the last home game for a one loss team tickets were dropped to $10 and they didn’t sell out.

There will always be excuses. People will buy what they find important and worth their time and money

QuackAttackAggie
Pick'em Champ - '12, '22 Bowl; '15, '17 Weekly; '18 BB Predict the Score; '22 Kickoff

Post by QuackAttackAggie » November 23rd, 2019, 5:02 pm

TrueBlueAggie123 wrote:It’s a huge game against a ranked opponent. It’s not going to be cheap. Anywhere else in the country, tickets to this type of game would be at least $100. That’s not the Event Services fault at all and blaming them is wrong. Attendance will be great tonight. I’m more worried about the student attendance then general attendance. Students gotta show up and be loud and proud.
Season tickets at Arizona start at $70 and they play multiple ranked teams every year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jjoey53

Post by Jjoey53 » November 23rd, 2019, 6:45 pm

Imho, the problem is more the 8:30 kickoff on a cold night, ticket price is a secondary problem.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Locked Previous topicNext topic