How important is it to schedule games with...

Big Blue's House is intended for general sports talk, sharing ideas, announcements, etc.
Steve509
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

How important is it to schedule games with...

Post by Steve509 » July 5th, 2011, 2:43 pm

the soon to be former WAC members?

i'd like to see both FB & BB games against NV, HI & FSU. even the donks. i'd also like to see as many MW teams as possible on the schedule.

do you agree, or does it even matter?

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Re: How important is it to schedule games with...

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » July 5th, 2011, 4:54 pm

I like to continue scheduling those teams in both sports, although I wouldn't mind waiting until Hawaii and Fresno are more competitive. However I don't see any of those teams signing up to come to the Spectrum any time soon. Seeing as how in WAC games only Fresno and Nevada got wins there, 2 total. Plus I think we make their players cry.

C-state

Post by C-state » July 5th, 2011, 6:08 pm

Please have your AD call our AD, and let's get this thing rolling. For football, CSU-USU resume a series this season that has been going on since 1914. We have played 64 times and you guys are our 5th most commonly played opponent (soon to be 4th since we stopped playing BYU). Good to see that you guys resumed your series with the lame-o cowgirls as well (please kick their ***).

I'd love to see a home and home basketball series every year as well. Could turn out to be a heated rivalry since USU stole Stew from CSU. If you haven't been paying attention, Ram basketball has greatly improved the last two years as well. We were a bubble team but ended up in the NIT.

Steve509

Post by Steve509 » July 5th, 2011, 8:09 pm

C-state wrote:Please have your AD call our AD, and let's get this thing rolling. For football, CSU-USU resume a series this season that has been going on since 1914. We have played 64 times and you guys are our 5th most commonly played opponent (soon to be 4th since we stopped playing BYU). Good to see that you guys resumed your series with the lame-o cowgirls as well (please kick their ***).

I'd love to see a home and home basketball series every year as well. Could turn out to be a heated rivalry since USU stole Stew from CSU. If you haven't been paying attention, Ram basketball has greatly improved the last two years as well. We were a bubble team but ended up in the NIT.
IMO, having regualr games with MW teams can only help when the expansion ball gets rolling again.

as far as former WAC schools playing in the Spectrum, some may not want to. i wouldn't put nevada in that group though. to their credit,(or perhaps foolishness) they don't seem to be afraid of playing anywhere.

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » July 5th, 2011, 10:16 pm

IMO, having regualr games with MW teams can only help when the expansion ball gets rolling again.if we win those games

BearLakeMonster

Post by BearLakeMonster » July 5th, 2011, 11:02 pm

GameFAQS speaks truth. It doesn't really matter who we play as long as we win and keep working towards improvement.

But it does help if we play teams with whom we share institutional, historical, geographical, and cultural similarities. We've had at least two of Fresno, Nevada, Boise, Colorado State, and Wyoming with us in one conference or another for most of the last 80 years. If we want to belong with them, we have to beat them. But to beat them, we have to play them.

To me, it's important.

"The evil I can tolerate. But the stupidity... Just knowing we're in the same genus makes me embarrassed to call myself homo!"

UtahStizzle

Post by UtahStizzle » July 6th, 2011, 9:00 am

I'm sure we'd love to, it's them that typically don't want to.
Last edited by UtahStizzle on July 10th, 2011, 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Twitter: UtahStizzle

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » July 6th, 2011, 12:44 pm

random on scheduling... but how the heck does UVU get Penn State, and we cant even get UofU?

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » July 6th, 2011, 12:48 pm

When did UVU get Penn State? I'm guessing that it's just a single road game. UVU get's a lot of 1 and done type games against teams like that but you'll never see a team like that return to Orem. Utah is willing to play us as long as we travel to Salt Lake without a return game. It's easy to schedule 1 and done's...it's even easier when you are the caliber of school that UVU is.

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » July 6th, 2011, 1:19 pm

my bad, I thought I was looking at basketball, but I think it was another sport... hahaha..

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » July 6th, 2011, 1:44 pm

ProvoAggie wrote:When did UVU get Penn State? I'm guessing that it's just a single road game. UVU get's a lot of 1 and done type games against teams like that but you'll never see a team like that return to Orem. Utah is willing to play us as long as we travel to Salt Lake without a return game. It's easy to schedule 1 and done's...it's even easier when you are the caliber of school that UVU is.
I researched it, it was wrestling where UVU got Penn State to come to Orem. It's easier to get big schools to come for wrestling cause there aren't as many choices for the big schools to schedule in wrestling as there are for basketball.

superaggie

Post by superaggie » July 6th, 2011, 11:46 pm

C-state wrote:Please have your AD call our AD, and let's get this thing rolling. For football, CSU-USU resume a series this season that has been going on since 1914. We have played 64 times and you guys are our 5th most commonly played opponent (soon to be 4th since we stopped playing BYU). Good to see that you guys resumed your series with the lame-o cowgirls as well (please kick their ***).

I would love for our two schools to have a continued tradition in playing both football and basketball. Colorado State had a very good basketball team last year and I think a continued home and home would only benefit both programs. I hope you personaly come to logan for the game this year. Let us know iif you are coming and we can direct you to some good eats. Before you go you need to try some aggie ice cream.

KBCoug
Troll

Post by KBCoug » July 8th, 2011, 10:08 pm

Steve509 wrote:the soon to be former WAC members?

i'd like to see both FB & BB games against NV, HI & FSU. even the donks. i'd also like to see as many MW teams as possible on the schedule.

do you agree, or does it even matter?
I think if your games with your former conference team mates have been financially beneficial to your program it's probably smart to continue with them, as long as they don't kill you every year. Wins also count.

Locked Previous topicNext topic