Why I hope Love doesn't transfer

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
GameFAQSAggie

Why I hope Love doesn't transfer

Post by GameFAQSAggie » October 11th, 2019, 11:39 am

I just want him to be introduced at NFL games and listed on rosters as being "From Utah State" as opposed to being from somewhere else, which would affect our recognition for years, and would be a much bigger deal than one year of not having him. Like Russell Wilson, he is listed on rosters as being from Wisconsin instead of North Carolina State, and to prove my point, how many of you know about RW as being from Wisconsin, but NOT about NC State until now. I am not as worried about the not having him with us next year part cause of Colombi. I also wouldn't mind him transferring even a fraction as much even if there was some sort of agreement that he would still be listed on NFL rosters and introduced as being from Utah State instead of the other school. Especially since the other school wouldn't mind it as much since most P5 schools he would want to go to send alot more NFL players than we do(and would maybe even have a few others on offense from the same class if they are able to make Love look better) and not need the recognition from having ONE MORE NFL player from their school as much as we would need it. I know if the roles were reversed and someone was developed from another program and only did one year with us, I wouldn't mind him claiming the other team, like I wouldn't mind Jalen Greene being listed from USC instead of us.

That said, you would think if the scouts think Love isn't ready to start in the NFL, he would prepare to start in the NFL better by being a backup for a year learning the system than from another year in college.

bullshot

Re: Why I hope Love doesn't transfer

Post by bullshot » October 11th, 2019, 11:50 am

Why is there even a discussion of Love transferring? Has that been discussed? Why would he want to burn another year and then “maybe” start somewhere else? He is in line to get drafted in the first 2 rounds in 2020. Why on earth would he wait until 2022? ( :crazy: :crazy: Unless he is a grad transfer)

taniataylor

Post by taniataylor » October 11th, 2019, 11:54 am

He's not transferring - He shouldn't consider transferring because he would be starting from scratch somewhere else. GFA ` don't worry, I think he's here til he actually graduates and probably not leaving early...source level = 20 :notworthy:
Last edited by taniataylor on October 11th, 2019, 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author taniataylor for the post (total 3):
AgSpaceCaseAgliciousaggies22

Jordan Nathan's #1 Fan Copyright pending due to YBAs shenanigans

Aggie_CEE

Post by Aggie_CEE » October 11th, 2019, 11:59 am

taniataylor wrote:
October 11th, 2019, 11:54 am
He's not transferring OMG - 2 bye-weeks is just too much for everyone to handle
:lol:
These users thanked the author Aggie_CEE for the post:
aggies22

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » October 11th, 2019, 11:59 am

Haven't been on the board in a few days- is this something that is being discussed?

Love is an NFL talent. He makes NFL level throws already. He has the stuff. I didn't follow Russell Wilson in college, neither at Wisconsin nor at NC State.

But Jordan Love has at least 30 lbs, and 5 inches on Wilson. Russell Wilson is an anomaly. Wilson and Murray are the only QBs below 6 feet. Both also had baseball to fall back on.

He hasn't played poorly enough in my view to not be drafted. He is going to the NFL. NFL scouts know he is good. It's not like he "needs to go to Ohio State to prove himself".

A graduate transfer would be lame, but this is not a thing that is happening. (Unless I missed something since being offline)

AgSpaceCase

Post by AgSpaceCase » October 11th, 2019, 12:00 pm

Not only is this a baseless concern it is also not even possible. Love has already redshirted his first year and is now a junior. Unless he were to graduate and transfer as a grad transfer, he would spend his final year of eligibility sitting out.

Simple arithmetic...
These users thanked the author AgSpaceCase for the post:
thegreendalegelf

"Due to budget cutbacks the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off...."

AndroidAggie

Post by AndroidAggie » October 11th, 2019, 12:06 pm

Y'all just don't know GameFAQS. Next home game you're at, see if you can chat him up. He's a good dude.
These users thanked the author AndroidAggie for the post:
donlarson8

ThunderAggie

Post by ThunderAggie » October 11th, 2019, 12:51 pm

I agree FAQS, I would absolutely hate for Love to transfer. That would be awesome to have a first or second round drafted quarterback from Utah State. If he ever did get a starting gig or turned out special, we would be mentioned a lot. Just like Bobby Wagner, my friends were shocked to hear he played at UsU. One player can shape how another person views a university. I hope that in a few years, people that see Utah State will be like “dang, that’s where Jordan Love and Bobby Wagner went to college!”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ususports

Post by ususports » October 11th, 2019, 12:58 pm

AgSpaceCase wrote:
October 11th, 2019, 12:00 pm
Not only is this a baseless concern it is also not even possible. Love has already redshirted his first year and is now a junior. Unless he were to graduate and transfer as a grad transfer, he would spend his final year of eligibility sitting out.

Simple arithmetic...
Tell that to Hipster. From the "Love" thread:
hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
October 5th, 2019, 2:16 pm
Jordan won’t be with us next year. He’ll either be in the NFL or transferred to a P5 school with better talent.

FloridaAggie13

Post by FloridaAggie13 » October 11th, 2019, 1:49 pm

I heard he already transferred to BYU and enrolled for fall semester.

ThunderAggie

Post by ThunderAggie » October 11th, 2019, 1:55 pm

FloridaAggie13 wrote:I heard he already transferred to BYU and enrolled for fall semester.
I could tolerate Love transferring, even though it would break my heart, but if he transferred to BYU or Utah, I would lose all respect for the man...

FloridaAggie13

Post by FloridaAggie13 » October 11th, 2019, 2:59 pm

ThunderAggie wrote:
October 11th, 2019, 1:55 pm
FloridaAggie13 wrote:I heard he already transferred to BYU and enrolled for fall semester.
I could tolerate Love transferring, even though it would break my heart, but if he transferred to BYU or Utah, I would lose all respect for the man...

But if he transferred to BYU he would have an immediate chance to win a national championship.

slcagg

Post by slcagg » October 11th, 2019, 3:34 pm

AgSpaceCase wrote:
October 11th, 2019, 12:00 pm

Simple arithmetic...
If he was a graduate transfer he would not need to sit out. Although if he is going to leave he should forget college and go directly to the NFL. Even with struggling this year alot of people still predict him in the first round.

Jjoey53

Post by Jjoey53 » October 11th, 2019, 6:43 pm

This is the most idiotic thread ever on this board.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

USUMAE

Post by USUMAE » October 11th, 2019, 7:14 pm

FloridaAggie13 wrote:
October 11th, 2019, 2:59 pm
ThunderAggie wrote:

But if he transferred to BYU he would have an immediate chance to win a national championship.
Not only that but he'd have a chance at beating the best team in Utah, something he wouldn't have the opportunity to do as an Aggie.

Coloraggie

Post by Coloraggie » October 15th, 2019, 3:07 pm

FloridaAggie13 wrote:
October 11th, 2019, 2:59 pm
ThunderAggie wrote:

But he would be riding the bench because honestly with all the talent they have there he would probably be 3rd or 4th of the depth chart.
These users thanked the author Coloraggie for the post (total 2):
ThunderAggieFloridaAggie13

Locked Previous topicNext topic