Love

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
mcaggie1

Love

Post by mcaggie1 » October 5th, 2019, 12:36 pm

Time to take Love out. Let Columbi have a chance. The game is over and I wouldn’t risk an injury to Love.

LSUBAW18
Has thanked: 0

Re: Love

Post by LSUBAW18 » October 5th, 2019, 12:38 pm

That's not why I would take him out

akborder

Post by akborder » October 5th, 2019, 12:39 pm

I think love is with us next year.... he has hurt his stock this season.

ususports

Post by ususports » October 5th, 2019, 12:44 pm

akborder wrote:
October 5th, 2019, 12:39 pm
No, it was mentioned in another thread that he is having a great start to the year. Anyone who thinks otherwise is ignorant.

Machismo

Post by Machismo » October 5th, 2019, 12:49 pm

ususports wrote:
October 5th, 2019, 12:44 pm
akborder wrote:
No, it was mentioned in another thread that he is having a great start to the year. Anyone who thinks otherwise is ignorant.
There was a thread where someone that knows NFL scouts said that he will be the 3rd QB drafted. All of loves issues are a new O line and it's the receivers fault cause they are not doing what they are supposed to.
Last edited by Machismo on October 5th, 2019, 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Intermeddler

Post by Intermeddler » October 5th, 2019, 12:50 pm

He’s definitely struggled this year but the offense as a whole looks broken.

Sl7vk

Post by Sl7vk » October 5th, 2019, 12:50 pm

I just don’t see him playing on sundays in current state.

Aggie19

Post by Aggie19 » October 5th, 2019, 12:51 pm

I'm ignorant then, cuz he hasn't looked good. I don't care about the cast around him, a lot of mental errors and poorly thrown balls. Burrows schooled him on how to put the ball over the shoulder instead of that short back shoulder garbage that your WR can't make because the DB is in position to make it.

Go Aggies!

Roy McAvoy

Post by Roy McAvoy » October 5th, 2019, 12:52 pm

What else can we do when his o-line gives him zero time, his receivers drop balls, and his o coordinator is calling plain vanilla plays?
These users thanked the author Roy McAvoy for the post (total 3):
IntermeddlerJSHarveyAgezzz

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » October 5th, 2019, 12:54 pm

I think the bigger issue is an offense that hasn’t really been in sync all year. All the way up to the coordinator.
These users thanked the author NVAggie for the post (total 2):
IntermeddlerBleedAggieBlue0

Aggie19

Post by Aggie19 » October 5th, 2019, 12:57 pm

I agree there are lots of things from lots of different groups that needs to be better. Doesn't change my comment on Loves play this year.

Go Aggies!

Dwigt
Pick'em Champ - '20,'21 Weekly; '21 WTHCG

Post by Dwigt » October 5th, 2019, 1:01 pm

ususports wrote:
October 5th, 2019, 12:44 pm
akborder wrote:

Presumptuous and ill-informed.

GoldcoastAggie

Post by GoldcoastAggie » October 5th, 2019, 1:02 pm

Aggie19 wrote:
October 5th, 2019, 12:51 pm
I'm ignorant then, cuz he hasn't looked good. I don't care about the cast around him, a lot of mental errors and poorly thrown balls. Burrows schooled him on how to put the ball over the shoulder instead of that short back shoulder garbage that your WR can't make because the DB is in position to make it.
His deep ball looks fine. If we had any receivers that could go up and get a ball it would be different. I think what concerns me is all of the misses on the short and intermediate throws.

Aggie19

Post by Aggie19 » October 5th, 2019, 1:10 pm

GoldcoastAggie wrote:
October 5th, 2019, 1:02 pm
Aggie19 wrote:
October 5th, 2019, 12:51 pm
His deep ball looks fine. If we had any receivers that could go up and get a ball it would be different. I think what concerns me is all of the misses on the short and intermediate throws.
To me, it's the inconsistency. I know there are a lot of factors, but that's my biggest complaint.

Go Aggies!

Mediocre at Best

Post by Mediocre at Best » October 5th, 2019, 1:28 pm

Have to set this game aside as an outlier. Hard to rate Jordan's quality of play given that he is a casualty of an offense that is a train wreck at the moment. I know most members of the board attribute Chuckie's decline to injuries but I have always been of the opinion that though that was a factor Kevin McGiven ruined his game. I am hoping that Sanford does not do the same with Love. Jordan is an elite QB whose interception to touchdown ratio points to a regression - todays game not the indicator - CSU game is the red alert. I am willing to give Sanford a year but his game day plans over the course of a still early season have been poorly conceived. Sadly the consequences of this ineptness thus far has impacted everyone...Love the running backs, the receivers, putting undue pressure on the defense and perhaps even accounts for some of the injures.
These users thanked the author Mediocre at Best for the post:
Aggie19

USUstudent13

Post by USUstudent13 » October 5th, 2019, 1:32 pm

Roy McAvoy wrote:
October 5th, 2019, 12:52 pm
What else can we do when his o-line gives him zero time, his receivers drop balls, and his o coordinator is calling plain vanilla plays?
Agreed, but the picks he has thrown are horrible passes. It’s not like the defenders are making amazing plays.

dyedblue

Post by dyedblue » October 5th, 2019, 1:32 pm

Intermeddler wrote:He’s definitely struggled this year but the offense as a whole looks broken.
Nope. You can’t go there’s, our offense is just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

Elkaggie

Post by Elkaggie » October 5th, 2019, 1:34 pm

dyedblue wrote:
October 5th, 2019, 1:32 pm
Intermeddler wrote:He’s definitely struggled this year but the offense as a whole looks broken.
Nope. You can’t go there’s, our offense is just fine.

I think you are just being sarcastic but it is indeed
Broke.

Chatman

Post by Chatman » October 5th, 2019, 1:37 pm

Aggie19 wrote:
October 5th, 2019, 12:57 pm
I agree there are lots of things from lots of different groups that needs to be better. Doesn't change my comment on Loves play this year.

AggieUprising50

Post by AggieUprising50 » October 5th, 2019, 1:39 pm

I’m more worried about the injuries to Mariner and Repo than I am with J-Love’s performance toady.

If they come back healthy I have no doubt Jordan will go off these next couple of games like he did last year

sdiggety

Post by sdiggety » October 5th, 2019, 1:42 pm

A QB needs other players, and as the leader, everyone wants to throw their rocks at him like everything is on him. The offense ran lazy routes, the line can't hold a clean pocket, everyone dropped a ton of perfect passes, and every contested ball the receivers put no effort into getting in front of the receivers to do their part. If you are not happy with Jordan Love as an aggie, you won't be happy with anyone. A bunch of undersized receivers and a line that is young and injured isn't going to make any QB look good. You can't honestly watch Utah State and say that the QB is the weak link.
These users thanked the author sdiggety for the post (total 2):
JSHarveysneed

FloridaAggie13

Post by FloridaAggie13 » October 5th, 2019, 1:43 pm

Two of the picks were just flat out bad passes. Particularly the one at the goal line that was very underthrown and had an impact on the flow of the game.
These users thanked the author FloridaAggie13 for the post:
NavyBlueAggie

FloridaAggie13

Post by FloridaAggie13 » October 5th, 2019, 1:46 pm

sdiggety wrote:
October 5th, 2019, 1:42 pm
A QB needs other players, and as the leader, everyone wants to throw their rocks at him like everything is on him. The offense ran lazy routes, the line can't hold a clean pocket, everyone dropped a ton of perfect passes, and every contested ball the receivers put no effort into getting in front of the receivers to do their part. If you are not happy with Jordan Love as an aggie, you won't be happy with anyone. A bunch of undersized receivers and a line that is young and injured isn't going to make any QB look good. You can't honestly watch Utah State and say that the QB is the weak link.
I ccx an think of two dropped passes. Repp's was critical of course as it was perfectly thrown and would have been a td. But when a QB throws five picks in two games...there's a problem with his play.
These users thanked the author FloridaAggie13 for the post:
Aggie19

TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY

Post by TheAKAggie » October 5th, 2019, 2:00 pm

Sl7vk wrote:I just don’t see him playing on sundays in current state.
Yeah, because Utah doesn’t have an NFL team.

These users thanked the author TheAKAggie for the post (total 3):
NVAggieBustaMcNuttChicAggie

Hail Aggies!

Aggie19

Post by Aggie19 » October 5th, 2019, 2:02 pm

FloridaAggie13 wrote:
October 5th, 2019, 1:46 pm
sdiggety wrote:
I ccx an think of two dropped passes. Repp's was critical of course as it was perfectly thrown and would have been a td. But when a QB throws five picks in two games...there's a problem with his play.
I think we're all happy Jordan is an Aggie. I also think everyone understands or can at least appreciate, how difficult of a job he has. There's a lot that needs to improve on the offense, across the board. But when you're were billed as a Hiesman candidate and are still billed as a first round draft choice, some of these bad throws need to not happen. That's all, nothing else, no other hate intended. Great play, leads to great expectations and that is where we are with Jordan. I believe he'll be fine and it's not just this game, anyone could look crappy against that defense, it's about this year as a whole.
These users thanked the author Aggie19 for the post:
FloridaAggie13

Go Aggies!

ususports

Post by ususports » October 5th, 2019, 2:04 pm

sdiggety wrote:
There is no question that multiple players are influencing the numbers (it is a team sport after all). However, that still doesn't change the reality of the results. Someone who rubs shoulders with someone who has a brother, who has a sister-in-law, who has a cousin, who is married to an NFL scout saying that Love is having a great year doesn't mean that he actually is. I have repeatedly said, I am not complaining about Love, nor do I think he is the weak link on the team, and I absolutely think he is a fantastic player. However, for people to suggest that 6 TDs and 8 interceptions is a great start to the year, and then "validate" their opinion by saying they know people, is much more ignorant than recognizing and admitting that Love has had his struggles this year. That doesn't change that he could still leave early and get drafted.
These users thanked the author ususports for the post (total 3):
JSHarveyZaggie07ChicAggie

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » October 5th, 2019, 2:16 pm

Jordan won’t be with us next year. He’ll either be in the NFL or transferred to a P5 school with better talent.
These users thanked the author hipsterdoofus21 for the post:
Agezzz

GoldcoastAggie

Post by GoldcoastAggie » October 5th, 2019, 2:17 pm

FloridaAggie13 wrote:
October 5th, 2019, 1:43 pm
Two of the picks were just flat out bad passes. Particularly the one at the goal line that was very underthrown and had an impact on the flow of the game.
Not a great throw but i was disappointed with the receivers effort there. With a guy like Tarver that is probably an incomplete pass. Our skill positions do not look good. The only guys that have impressed me this year are Mariner and Warren.

FloridaAggie13

Post by FloridaAggie13 » October 5th, 2019, 2:26 pm

GoldcoastAggie wrote:
October 5th, 2019, 2:17 pm
FloridaAggie13 wrote:
October 5th, 2019, 1:43 pm
Not a great throw but i was disappointed with the receivers effort there. With a guy like Tarver that is probably an incomplete pass. Our skill positions do not look good. The only guys that have impressed me this year are Mariner and Warren.
Thompkins (I think) had a step and a half on the CB and the ball was underthrown by a few yards. It really should have been a td. Yes, the WR needs to become a db at that point, but really that's on Love.

Earlier in the game, same drive I think, Nathan beat his guy by a step for a long gain, Mariner beat the corner for his long gain in the first quarter as did Repp. So the receivers were getting some separation at times.

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » October 5th, 2019, 2:29 pm

Repp dropped an important TD early.
These users thanked the author hipsterdoofus21 for the post:
Agezzz

3rdGenAggie
Pick'em Champ - '16 Kickoff

Post by 3rdGenAggie » October 5th, 2019, 2:31 pm

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
October 5th, 2019, 2:16 pm
Jordan won’t be with us next year. He’ll either be in the NFL or transferred to a P5 school with better talent.
Yep. It would suck to see him transfer, but I wouldn't blame him. He'll only do it if our team isn't good enough to help him get in the NFL this year.
These users thanked the author 3rdGenAggie for the post:
hipsterdoofus21

"I have no idea what I'm doing, but I know I'm doing it really, really well." -Andy Dwyer

Aglicious
Site Admin

Post by Aglicious » October 5th, 2019, 2:32 pm

sdiggety wrote:
I kept thinking to myself, I wonder how Love would look if he was under center for LSU in this same game. I think he would have had the same game that Burrow had. There is such a huge talent gap between our WRs and OL and theirs.
These users thanked the author Aglicious for the post:
BustaMcNutt

sdiggety

Post by sdiggety » October 5th, 2019, 2:38 pm

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
There are a lot of p5 schools where you have receivers who are tall and talented and get open, or you can just throw the ball up and the receiver will do his part to make plays to help you out. This offense expects the ball to be thrown perfectly into their hands and then they may or may not catch it. Mariner and Repp were in the depths charts of p5.. imagine what Love could do if he had a team of receivers that good and better.

sdiggety

Post by sdiggety » October 5th, 2019, 2:41 pm

Aglicious wrote:
October 5th, 2019, 2:32 pm
sdiggety wrote:
I kept thinking to myself, I wonder how Love would look if he was under center for LSU in this same game. I think he would have had the same game that Burrow had. There is such a huge talent gap between our WRs and OL and theirs.
Lol I always watch the Heisman guys highlights at Alabama and such and realize that the only difference between Love and those guys, is that one player is on alabama and the other is at utah state. I think Love even hinted at that realization in his manning summer camp when he worked with those kids.

ThunderAggie

Post by ThunderAggie » October 5th, 2019, 4:34 pm

3rdGenAggie wrote:
hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
Yep. It would suck to see him transfer, but I wouldn't blame him. He'll only do it if our team isn't good enough to help him get in the NFL this year.
I have not thought about this possibility, but the more I think about it, the more I think this could actually happen. With the way he has played and coaches/players around him, this could happen. As much as I would hate to see it, there are LOTS of teams that would take Love in a heartbeat and he would be a starter from day 1. I could see him transferring to a BIG 12 or PAC 12 school(close to home) that is an air raid type offense. But, my hope is the kinks work out and he either is good enough to enter this year or have trust in the team for one more year.

Locked Previous topicNext topic