LSU is overrated

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Roy McAvoy

Re: LSU is overrated

Post by Roy McAvoy » October 5th, 2019, 8:12 am

I really hope many of you don’t freak out at all today after USU loses by double digits to this LSU team. Many of you seem to think actually they aren’t actually as good as they are. It will be nothing to be ashamed of. They are dominant.

I’ll say this again, if this game is close, it will be because USU put together one of the greatest performances we’ve seen from our Aggie football team. Don’t take that away from them by talking down this LSU team.
These users thanked the author Roy McAvoy for the post (total 2):
MrBiggleBleedAggieBlue0

AGGIEinIOWA

Post by AGGIEinIOWA » October 5th, 2019, 8:22 am

Roy McAvoy wrote:I really hope many of you don’t freak out at all today after usu loses by double digits to this LSU team. Many of you seem to think actually they aren’t actually as good as they are. It will be nothing to be ashamed of. They are dominant.

I’ll say this again, if this game is close, it will be because USU put together one of the greatest performances we’ve seen from our Aggie football team. Don’t take that away from them from talking down this LSU team.
I’m well aware of how good LSU is. I have close personal friends that are LSU alum and avid fans so I follow them relatively close. I expect a loss for our beloved Aggies. If LSU comes to play and our Aggies shirk under the pressure, it could get ugly. That being said, this is college football and most of LSU’s players are highly rated but aren’t even legal age yet. Along with immaturity comes a tendency to get caught up in things. We have a handful of NFL caliber players on our team and a good coaching staff so LSU better be prepared to get a bit bloodied themselves. Stranger things have happened. A week ago I thought Clemson was the best team in the country and UNC is only a mediocre team and well, you know what almost happened. Just sayin.

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » October 5th, 2019, 8:25 am

Anything can happen, but it is highly unlikely. If it happens, it won’t be due to the overratedness of LSU
These users thanked the author NVAggie for the post:
Roy McAvoy

AGGIEinIOWA

Post by AGGIEinIOWA » October 5th, 2019, 8:31 am

NVAggie wrote:Anything can happen, but it is highly unlikely. If it happens, it won’t be due to the overratedness of LSU
Well I do agree with that. They have tremendous talent, but to be a great team you have to show up ready to play every game and every opponent. We’ll see if LSU does that.

Roy McAvoy

Post by Roy McAvoy » October 5th, 2019, 1:02 pm

Maybe now some of you understand what I’ve been saying all week about how incredibly good this LSU team is.

Our team will be fine (as long as we get guys back from injury). LSU is just freakishly good. Not sure how so many of you couldn’t see it. I guess that comes from forming opinions by not actually watching the game.

Aggie19

Post by Aggie19 » October 5th, 2019, 1:05 pm

Roy McAvoy wrote:
October 5th, 2019, 1:02 pm
Maybe now some of you understand what I’ve been saying all week about how incredibly good this LSU team is.

Our team will be fine (as long as we get guys back from injury). LSU is just freakishly good. Not sure how so many of you couldn’t see it. I guess that comes from forming opinions by not actually watching the game.
I agree. These games are always tough. LSU is unbelievably deep, fast, big, talent, etc. I didn't expect to win this game, I do wish we would have looked a little better and the injuries weren't so.

Go Aggies!

AGGIEinIOWA

Post by AGGIEinIOWA » October 5th, 2019, 1:20 pm

They only scored 42. They are over rated.

Aggie in Boise

Post by Aggie in Boise » October 5th, 2019, 2:32 pm

It's s a good thing we only played an overrated top 5 team. Can't even imagine what would have happened had we played a top 5 team that was not overrated.

"We've upped our standards, so UP YOURS." Unknown

Intermeddler

Post by Intermeddler » December 28th, 2019, 5:51 pm

We looked better against them than OU

A truly great team.

WAaggieFan

Post by WAaggieFan » December 28th, 2019, 5:55 pm

I kinda wanted to watch that game but out of principle I refuse to watch any of ESPN’s sham CFP garbage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Madmartigan

Post by Madmartigan » December 28th, 2019, 6:48 pm

Intermeddler wrote:
December 28th, 2019, 5:51 pm
We looked better against them than OU

A truly great team.
Boy this OP aged poorly.
These users thanked the author Madmartigan for the post (total 4):
jpswensenBleedAggieBlue0Intermeddlersam tingey

SectionFaggie

Post by SectionFaggie » December 29th, 2019, 8:11 pm

LSU this year was way better than when we played them back in the 00s. I was at both games. We played closer in the OOs when we were not as good, but that game was closer mostly because they were not as good on offense.

This year, we can score points on most mid-level defenses all day long, even with some tools missing for Love this year. We just didn't have complete enough D to compete at all on that side of the ball in many cases. Against LSU, we just showed to be a mid-level team on offense with a hole-filled defense playing against an elite team with talent up and down the roster, and their eyes very much on the prize. LSU is the best team we played this year, one of the best we have ever played. They will likely leave the eastern-most Tigers licking wounds in the corner in a couple of weeks. LSU is very, very good.

Roy McAvoy

Post by Roy McAvoy » December 30th, 2019, 9:21 am

SLB wrote:
October 3rd, 2019, 10:25 am
LSU is a good team, but they are not a great team.
LSU's schedule breakdown before facing us.
LSU beat Georgia Southern (1-3 Sun Belt team with their only win against a FCS school.) 55-3
LSU beat Texas (3-1 team and their wins were against 2 C-USA team and a 6 point win at home against Okla State) 45-38.
LSU beat Northwestern State (FCS school) 65-14
LSU beat Vandy (1-3 team with their only win came against NIU 24-18) 66-38.
BYE week
The odds are against us, but it is not extremely against us as many would lead us to believe.
Roy McAvoy wrote:
October 3rd, 2019, 10:31 am
No they're not. Just stop. They have the #1 offense in the nation right now. They also lost some key players to injuries against Texas & Vandy that are returning for our game.

Why try to drag LSU down? All that means is we accomplished less if it's a close game and that we suck even more if we're blown out.
Roy McAvoy wrote:
October 3rd, 2019, 10:59 am
SLB wrote:
October 3rd, 2019, 10:57 am
Sadly, according to the stats we have a better defense than the teams that LSU has played so far.
That's because those teams have played LSU. LSU is an incredible team. I bet when it's done you'll see at least 15 of their 22 starters play in the NFL.
SLB wrote:
October 3rd, 2019, 11:58 am
FYI, I notice that many have not dug into the stats. I pointed out a fact in the stats.
Like the LT comment, LT is 4-1 because 4 of the 5 teams that they faced have yet to have a win against a FBS team.
I have also exposed that we have a lot LSU kool aid drinking going on here.
I never said the chances are in our favor only that LSU is not as good as claimed
Roy McAvoy wrote:
October 3rd, 2019, 12:41 pm
I seem to be one of the only people on here who's actually watched LSU play this year. I'll say it again. They are absolutely loaded and if anything, underrated.

If we get blown out of this game, no big deal. LSU is awesome. If we manage to keep this game close and give LSU a dog fight, it will be one of the best and gutsiest performances we've ever seen from an Aggie team.

Don't even think about trying to take that away from them by going off about how this LSU team is just "overrated".
I demand a public apology for the original poster's posts he made in this thread. ;)
Last edited by Roy McAvoy on December 30th, 2019, 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jjoey52

Post by Jjoey52 » December 30th, 2019, 9:38 am

Oklahoma does not think LSU is over rated.

“Apathy and tolerance are the final virtues of a dying society.” - Aristotle

Chupamedia

Post by Chupamedia » December 30th, 2019, 11:38 am

I think the OP was the only one with this opinion. Pretty much everyone else was pointing out he was misinformed

Mr. Sneelock

Post by Mr. Sneelock » December 30th, 2019, 3:34 pm

LSU is one of the best college football teams I have ever seen. They are crazy good.

Formerly TulsAGGIE

Locked Previous topicNext topic