As an Aggie

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Notatrueaggie
Has thanked: 0

As an Aggie

Post by Notatrueaggie » September 4th, 2019, 2:24 pm

Ok I’m a huge Aggie fan. My whole life I have been a huge Aggie fan. I was born into a family who were big Aggie fans themselves. My mom, my dad, my grandpa and grandma, aunts, uncles, cousins, are all aggie fans except one family. Being an Aggie fan is rough. We have gone up and down. Have good coaches like lavelle Edwards, Gary Andersen which really is the savior to Utah state football , mediocre coaches like Matt wells but he did have a couple hell of a seasons, and bad coaches like Which I won’t name because their feelings might get hurt, but one coach (don’t even get me started in Brent guy). As an Aggie fan and several other Aggie fans I imagine, we have all suffered pain, deja vú, happiness, we have all had our mixed emotions. This past weekend I suffered a bad case of deja vú. I know most people don’t want to talk about it. But I’m going to say it. We lost to wake forest. I will admit they are a good team, they have a really good offense. But as an Aggie fan, and Aggie fans all over, we have suffered many of these close losses. The past 10 years or so we have lost so many close games. USC, Utah, ybu, Michigan state, wake forest, Wisconsin, Utah again, Texas a&m, Oklahoma, Auburn, Air Force, it hurts to write this so I am not going to go on, but the list goes on. I don’t think many of these losses are the players or coaches fault, but more just expecting the outcome. Every one of the close losses that we have experienced something. We learned that Kent Myers was a hell of a player back in 2014, Jordan love would be our next star qb, chuckie was a really good qb, along with the rest of the 2011 team. I think last week was really hard for Aggie fans. Another loss that we could of one, really should of one. I am not blaming anyone for the loss because I don’t think that’s my job to do. But as an Aggie fan, I think we need to support the aggies no matter the outcome. We need to keep selling out maverick stadium (also the spectrum), we still should keep cheering even if we’re down 35-0 at half time, we need donate money and show the future generation the Aggie experience, etc. Let’s support this team like we go undefeated the rest of the season. Nothing is impossible. We can win the rest of our season. But as I am done writing this, I am going to ask one more question... DO YOU BELIEVE?

BigBlueDart
Pick'em Champ - '17 FB Predict the Score

Re: As an Aggie

Post by BigBlueDart » September 4th, 2019, 2:36 pm

Nobody wants to talk about it? Do you even read the board?

Also, when was Lavelle Edwards a coach for USU?

Notatrueaggie

Post by Notatrueaggie » September 4th, 2019, 2:43 pm

BigBlueDart wrote:
September 4th, 2019, 2:36 pm

Sorry, I meant to say player. To lazy to proof read. And I know some people don’t want to talk about didn’t mean all. Didn’t mean to offend you

taniataylor

Post by taniataylor » September 4th, 2019, 2:50 pm

Notatrueaggie wrote:
September 4th, 2019, 2:43 pm
BigBlueDart wrote:

Sorry, I meant to say player. To lazy to proof read. And I know some people don’t want to talk about didn’t mean all. Didn’t mean to offend you
I think BBD means, we talk about it all over the board, all theeeee time :thanks:
These users thanked the author taniataylor for the post:
BigBlueDart

Jordan Nathan's #1 Fan Copyright pending due to YBAs shenanigans

RigAggie

Post by RigAggie » September 4th, 2019, 3:00 pm

Sometimes I think all I do is talk about it. Aggie Football is life?
These users thanked the author RigAggie for the post (total 2):
BigBlueDartMachismo

BigBlueDart
Pick'em Champ - '17 FB Predict the Score

Post by BigBlueDart » September 4th, 2019, 3:07 pm

Notatrueaggie wrote:
September 4th, 2019, 2:43 pm
BigBlueDart wrote:

Not offended. Maybe just a bit incredulous, is all.

Notatrueaggie

Post by Notatrueaggie » September 4th, 2019, 3:18 pm

That wasn’t my point. I do think Aggie sports are a big part of people’s lives, my point actually being is we all have been hurt(if you deny it your lying) from the Aggies losing. I just was saying that we need to support our aggies a little bit more. And bbd, I really meant to say player.

Machismo

Post by Machismo » September 4th, 2019, 3:20 pm

This Board is full of diehards, we will support the Aggies no matter what, it's what we do. I think we BELIEVE more now than ever before and I've been doing this over 40 Years that's why some of us were so upset, we know we are a whisker away.. :cheers:

Notatrueaggie

Post by Notatrueaggie » September 4th, 2019, 3:51 pm

Anyways I’m a die hard fan and would donate all of bill gates money to usu if I could. Now on to stony brook! Go Aggies!!!!

Gretsch

Post by Gretsch » September 4th, 2019, 5:05 pm

Notatrueaggie wrote:Ok I’m a huge Aggie fan...Have good coaches like lavelle Edwards...
Edwards played at USU from '49-'51 but never coached. He coached at Granite HS from '54-'61 and then made the move to BYU first as an assistant and then as HC from '72-'00. Fun fact, L.E. went 4-7 vs USU as an assistant and 0-3 as a head coach before independence in football caught up and had 2 sub .500 seasons in a row and that started 3 decades of struggle.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

WAaggieFan

Post by WAaggieFan » September 4th, 2019, 6:29 pm

Notatrueaggie wrote:Anyways I’m a die hard fan and would donate all of bill gates money to usu if I could. Now on to stony brook! Go Aggies!!!!
It’s easy to give away Bill Gates’ money. As Porter Wagoner sang, “How many times have you heard someone say if I had his money I could do things my way”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY

Post by TheAKAggie » September 4th, 2019, 7:48 pm

Dude can’t even get a kiss on the quad, too busy writing manifesto’s on a message board.

These users thanked the author TheAKAggie for the post:
utahcountyaggie

Hail Aggies!

Notatrueaggie

Post by Notatrueaggie » September 4th, 2019, 9:13 pm

TheAKAggie wrote:
September 4th, 2019, 7:48 pm
Dude can’t even get a kiss on the quad, too busy writing manifesto’s on a message board.

Last edited by Notatrueaggie on September 4th, 2019, 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Notatrueaggie

Post by Notatrueaggie » September 4th, 2019, 9:24 pm

Notatrueaggie wrote:
September 4th, 2019, 9:13 pm
TheAKAggie wrote:

I know a true Aggie means kissing but that’s not what I meant. I like two teams. Hawaii and usu. after all I was born in Hawaii. And btw don’t assume because I have totally made out in the quad.

tinplater

Post by tinplater » September 4th, 2019, 9:26 pm

I believe and have been an Aggie fan since age 5 (1948) and made Kent Harris my idol (number 11 was the only real QB number). I expect first away game losses and always amazed that we had a chance in the last few minutes of many games to actually secure a win. I hope, in my life time, to see us win that signature game. I witnessed Boston beat the Yanks and break the curse; anything is possible. Dream on and go Aggies...feel like a really great USU season lies ahead.
These users thanked the author tinplater for the post:
aggies22

WasatchAggie

Post by WasatchAggie » September 4th, 2019, 10:02 pm

I'm a fourth generation Aggie. My great grandmother received her BA from USU around 1897. Her class was also the first with women. Currently, my two oldest are roommates at USU. My family will always be Aggies and will be driving 2 hours to watch the game on Saturday. That being said, it was a tough loss.
These users thanked the author WasatchAggie for the post (total 2):
NavyBlueAggieaggies22

BigBlueSteve

Post by BigBlueSteve » September 4th, 2019, 11:45 pm

I BELIEVE!....
(yeah...I've been around long enough to remember when we started this chant because we were #117 of 117 teams ;) )

TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY

Post by TheAKAggie » September 4th, 2019, 11:50 pm

Notatrueaggie wrote:
Notatrueaggie wrote:
September 4th, 2019, 9:13 pm
TheAKAggie wrote:

I know a true Aggie means kissing but that’s not what I meant. I like two teams. Hawaii and usu. after all I was born in Hawaii. And btw don’t assume because I have totally made out in the quad.
Gross.

Hail Aggies!

USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

Post by USU78 » September 5th, 2019, 12:16 am

Likewise 4th generation: great grandfather was band and choral profs/conductor, USU's first. One grandparent graduated, two attended. Both parents graduated, father got MS.

All four brothers followed with bachelor's, all followed father by playing frosh football. Father coached frosh as grad student.
These users thanked the author USU78 for the post:
aggies22

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Locked Previous topicNext topic