Jim Rome interview with Jordan Love

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
usufan1

Jim Rome interview with Jordan Love

Post by usufan1 » August 23rd, 2019, 12:16 am

https://www.jimrome.com/media/audio-cha ... ordan-love

One more week! Let's get this season started!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author usufan1 for the post (total 2):
aggies22sneed

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Re: Jim Rome interview with Jordan Love

Post by aggies22 » August 23rd, 2019, 6:57 am

Not normally a huge Rome fan but this was the second time in my life I've really liked something he did. The first was 25 years ago during the OJ Simpson trial and Rome ended his segment by saying "I hate OJ."
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post:
BleedAggieBlue0

agster
Has thanked: 0

Post by agster » August 23rd, 2019, 7:11 am

I'm getting an eerie feeling that there are too many preseason accolades. I hope they don't go to his head and he relaxes. I've see players get all this preseason hype and then under perform during the season. i don't think that'll happen to Love but I like a quarterback who has a chip on his shoulder because he is not being respected and motivates him to prove everyone wrong.

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » August 23rd, 2019, 7:17 am

agster wrote:
August 23rd, 2019, 7:11 am
I'm getting an eerie feeling that there are too many preseason accolades. I hope they don't go to his head and he relaxes. I've see players get all this preseason hype and then under perform during the season. i don't think that'll happen to Love but I like a quarterback who has a chip on his shoulder because he is not being respected and motivates him to prove everyone wrong.
Honestly, I don't think we have to worry about this stuff with Jordan. When the Mannings (love'em or hate'em but those dudes CAN play) heap nothing but praise on him not only for his physical abilities but also because of how he prepares mentally in the film room among other things, that's a sign of having a really special player on our team.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 2):
Machismosneed

TrueBlueFan

Post by TrueBlueFan » August 23rd, 2019, 7:35 am

Mike Stanford sounds like he knows what he is doing. Growing up I always loved the coaches that brought juice to games yet alone practices!

Go Grizzlies, Jazz, Real SL, Seahawks, USA! Go Aggies!

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » August 23rd, 2019, 7:39 am

Jim Rome still has a show? Is he still filling up time with calls from "clones" and doing the "have a take and don't suck" thing? That just seems like lazy show prep to me.

captain68

Post by captain68 » August 23rd, 2019, 8:23 am

agster wrote:
I am honestly not worried about this with Jordan. If anyone should be puffed up and peacocking around it should be Jordan, but I have never seen him do anything that draws attention to himself. Not in his celebrations after touchdowns, not in his interviews, nothing. I love his quiet confidence. I have never met him personally, but he seems like a nice young man.

usufan1

Post by usufan1 » August 23rd, 2019, 8:55 am

agster wrote:I'm getting an eerie feeling that there are too many preseason accolades. I hope they don't go to his head and he relaxes. I've see players get all this preseason hype and then under perform during the season. i don't think that'll happen to Love but I like a quarterback who has a chip on his shoulder because he is not being respected and motivates him to prove everyone wrong.
I get where you are coming from. Being a long time Aggie fan it's hard to not look for the possibility of something to go wrong.

But Jordan has earned the respect, let's enjoy it while we have him wearing the Aggie blue and fighting white (and sometimes black or pewter).

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

gomretat

Post by gomretat » August 23rd, 2019, 9:29 am

agster wrote:
I have the same question. Too much hype is often a bad thing and will be a good test for JL.

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » August 23rd, 2019, 10:39 am

Normally I'd agree but for Love, I actually hope he is getting more confident.

From what I noticed all the way here in the peanut gallery in the last row- it seemed like there were times where things would be going amazing- maybe scoring a TD on the first drive, then on the second drive he throws a pick and it just seemed like it'd take him a few drives to regain his confidence levels.

It's one thing to have your fans, coaches, mom, and school administrators praising you- but I can see if the Mannings, Urban and others praise him- that is no small accomplishment- and hopefully that can help solve what I saw as a weakness. But then again, what do I know about being a QB (nothing)

Coloraggie

Post by Coloraggie » August 23rd, 2019, 3:56 pm

aggies22 wrote:
August 23rd, 2019, 6:57 am
Not normally a huge Rome fan but this was the second time in my life I've really liked something he did. The first was 25 years ago during the OJ Simpson trial and Rome ended his segment by saying "I hate OJ."
"Chris"
These users thanked the author Coloraggie for the post (total 3):
TheAKAggieaggies22usufan1

bigbluemtn

Post by bigbluemtn » August 23rd, 2019, 4:27 pm

Speaking of quarterback confidence, I always thought it was chicken poop of Matt Wells to shame his quarterbacks by having them stand by him on the sidelines and giving them the stink eye with some verbal abuse after a pick, this not the way to build confidence in your offensive leader. His dominating style with these kids will not be missed.

hickaggie

Post by hickaggie » August 23rd, 2019, 5:03 pm

Imakeitrain wrote:
August 23rd, 2019, 10:39 am

From what I noticed all the way here in the peanut gallery in the last row- it seemed like there were times where things would be going amazing- maybe scoring a TD on the first drive, then on the second drive he throws a pick and it just seemed like it'd take him a few drives to regain his confidence levels.

It's one thing to have your fans, coaches, mom, and school administrators praising you- but I can see if the Mannings, Urban and others praise him- that is no small accomplishment- and hopefully that can help solve what I saw as a weakness. But then again, what do I know about being a QB (nothing)
I agree. The moment he stepped in for Myers in that Wyoming game you could see he was a real QB even with the picks but he needed that confidence infusion of doing it. He's obviously a kid whose worked his (I can't express myself without swearing) off to prepare and understand the game and that's not going away with the attention. I think it just helps him from a personality perspective. His simple answer about winning games rather than accolades and stats is a far cry from the guy who tweeted his stats in a loss and never was able to improve his understanding of the game from a freshman on.

From the standpoint of someone who has watched a ton of film scouting QB tendencies I'm amazed at how quickly he processes what is happening and makes the right read. How many times he can see how a receiver will be coming open on his route presnap and has the ball out in less than 2 seconds on the money where only his guy has a chance at it. That's special stuff and I only think he'll get better at it because he obviously loves the game. He's got instincts but its indicative of being a film junky and lot of hard work.

Full

Post by Full » August 23rd, 2019, 6:33 pm

hickaggie wrote:
Imakeitrain wrote:
August 23rd, 2019, 10:39 am

I agree. The moment he stepped in for Myers in that Wyoming game you could see he was a real QB even with the picks but he needed that confidence infusion of doing it. He's obviously a kid whose worked his a** off to prepare and understand the game and that's not going away with the attention. I think it just helps him from a personality perspective. His simple answer about winning games rather than accolades and stats is a far cry from the guy who tweeted his stats in a loss and never was able to improve his understanding of the game from a freshman on.

From the standpoint of someone who has watched a ton of film scouting QB tendencies I'm amazed at how quickly he processes what is happening and makes the right read. How many times he can see how a receiver will be coming open on his route presnap and has the ball out in less than 2 seconds on the money where only his guy has a chance at it. That's special stuff and I only think he'll get better at it because he obviously loves the game. He's got instincts but its indicative of being a film junky and lot of hard work.
I watched the fist three quarters of the last game against Wake Forest recently. You could see in his second throw he was better. Love had just checked into the game after Myers was taken off with a concussion. His second attempt. Enjoy!

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Re: Jim Rome interview with Jordan Love ter

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » August 23rd, 2019, 6:35 pm

The difference in how Rome interviews someone and how Dan Patrick does it is night and day. Rome interrogates his guest like a cop dealing with teenagers after curfew.

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » August 23rd, 2019, 10:07 pm

bigbluemtn wrote:
August 23rd, 2019, 4:27 pm
Speaking of quarterback confidence, I always thought it was chicken poop of Matt Wells to shame his quarterbacks by having them stand by him on the sidelines and giving them the stink eye with some verbal abuse after a pick, this not the way to build confidence in your offensive leader. His dominating style with these kids will not be missed.
And yet, with Wells, our QBs were remarkably good from top to bottom. Just look at that 2014 season

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » August 23rd, 2019, 10:11 pm

Wells had many shortcomings as do all of us, but he always made QB's a priority. One cannot fault him for never having good QB's on the team.

Locked Previous topicNext topic