Ingram transferring

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
brownjeans
Flatulent

Re: Ingram transferring

Post by brownjeans » August 2nd, 2019, 5:01 pm

I don't care if there was tampering. Every good player gets approached to play somewhere else by someone at sometime. The guys that want to be here are here and no amount of tampering will change it.

I'm going to cheer for the players who want to be here.
These users thanked the author brownjeans for the post (total 3):
oleblu111bigblueaggies22

NavyBlueAggie

Post by NavyBlueAggie » August 2nd, 2019, 5:49 pm

And what then is Ingram doesn't end up playing at Texas Tech? I don't yet know, and suspect any involved with this event will be in full denial. We should know in a couple of weeks though, or it's very unlikely Ingram would be playing anywhere for anyone.

That Ingram knows the Patterson defensive schemes, is known to much of the new staff at Texas Tech, and that he could reasonably fill a fresh void does wrinkle a forehead or two though, plus the timing,,that speaks volumes. I'll have to wait to throw the rotten tomatoes. Stay tuned folks...
These users thanked the author NavyBlueAggie for the post (total 2):
Madmartiganjf13

ChicAggie

Post by ChicAggie » August 2nd, 2019, 9:01 pm

AgMac wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think USU has had more DBs drafted during that time.
One thing I can tell you for sure is that BYU-P has had more DBs drafted during that time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Good is the enemy of great.” ~ Jim Collins

IdAggie
Has thanked: 0

Post by IdAggie » August 2nd, 2019, 10:25 pm

It seems like 22 is starting to get the details on this transfer from speaking with a few people who know the details. As I mentioned early in this thread there is definite tampering from TT/Wells staff and potentially outside of the NCAA rules. Here are some additional details:
  • Ingram was not even considering grad school or transferring just a few short weeks ago. He was still at least a semester away from USU graduation at the time this started.
  • Contact occurred from staff at Texas Tech. Definitely weeks before he entered the portal and was allowed to be contacted by other coaches and programs.
  • Somehow a semesters worth of credits appeared at USU from a small and obscure JC in Texas. Never were a part of Ingrams USU record as is typical if credits had been granted before enrolling at USU for any student.
  • Ingram did not ever consider grad programs at USU. Did not apply and was not denied.
  • ]He received significant coaching from those at TT who know how to work the system at USU from their experience here (who to talk to, which classes he could register late for, what professors to work with, etc.
  • Ingram flat out lied (likely coached by to do so) by many on the USU campus to work the system and try to graduate.
  • He is still scrambling to complete some last credits, have transfer credits approved, etc. so that he can graduate in about a week. It is a big gamble by him because it may still not come together for him so that he can graduate.
Whole process has been very shady (likely all directed from Lubbock) with a student athlete being compromised for the hope of a programs gain. Would he even be welcomed back on the team if the plan to transfer does not work out?

I liked Ingram a lot and felt he would be a key in our secondary and defensive success. However, with the current events we will be better off without him.
These users thanked the author IdAggie for the post (total 4):
aggies22USU78ChicAggieNVAggie

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » August 2nd, 2019, 11:33 pm

IdAggie wrote:
August 2nd, 2019, 10:25 pm
It seems like 22 is starting to get the details on this transfer from speaking with a few people who know the details. As I mentioned early in this thread there is definite tampering from TT/Wells staff and potentially outside of the NCAA rules. Here are some additional details:
  • Ingram was not even considering grad school or transferring just a few short weeks ago. He was still at least a semester away from USU graduation at the time this started.
  • Contact occurred from staff at Texas Tech. Definitely weeks before he entered the portal and was allowed to be contacted by other coaches and programs.
  • Somehow a semesters worth of credits appeared at USU from a small and obscure JC in Texas. Never were a part of Ingrams USU record as is typical if credits had been granted before enrolling at USU for any student.
  • Ingram did not ever consider grad programs at USU. Did not apply and was not denied.
  • ]He received significant coaching from those at TT who know how to work the system at USU from their experience here (who to talk to, which classes he could register late for, what professors to work with, etc.
  • Ingram flat out lied (likely coached by to do so) by many on the USU campus to work the system and try to graduate.
  • He is still scrambling to complete some last credits, have transfer credits approved, etc. so that he can graduate in about a week. It is a big gamble by him because it may still not come together for him so that he can graduate.
Whole process has been very shady (likely all directed from Lubbock) with a student athlete being compromised for the hope of a programs gain. Would he even be welcomed back on the team if the plan to transfer does not work out?

I liked Ingram a lot and felt he would be a key in our secondary and defensive success. However, with the current events we will be better off without him.
I've been led to believe he would not be welcome back at Utah State.

Aglicious
Site Admin

Post by Aglicious » August 3rd, 2019, 12:07 am

I'm more shocked that TTU, Wells, and Patterson were interested enough in him to aid him through all this. I'll say it again, go back and watch last year when he actually did see the field, he is no Jalen Davis or even Will Davis. I think he provided depth to the position but I also think we have equal talent remaining on the roster even If it is less experienced.
These users thanked the author Aglicious for the post:
aggies22

bluegrouse

Post by bluegrouse » August 3rd, 2019, 12:38 am

IdAggie wrote:

Well, if that is all true (or even half of it), I’ll be very disappointed and will admit I was wrong about Wells all along.
These users thanked the author bluegrouse for the post:
aggies22

YouEssYou

Post by YouEssYou » August 3rd, 2019, 7:31 am

Personally I was never really high on Wells. I firmly believe that if Yost hadn't come along that he would have been fired. The trajectory of the program was a steady decline and then Yost shows up and (from what I've heard) Wells is sternly told to keep his hands off the offense. When Gary left it felt like a punch to the gut. When Wells left it was more like "Adios Gavacho" don't let the door hit you. The fact that he is reaching back and trying to raid the cupboard is a little annoying though.
These users thanked the author YouEssYou for the post (total 3):
YoungBloodAggieMachismoutahcountyaggie

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » August 3rd, 2019, 7:53 am

YouEssYou wrote:
August 3rd, 2019, 7:31 am
Personally I was never really high on Wells. I firmly believe that if Yost hadn't come along that he would have been fired. The trajectory of the program was a steady decline and then Yost shows up and (from what I've heard) Wells is sternly told to keep his hands off the offense. When Gary left it felt like a punch to the gut. When Wells left it was more like "Adios Gavacho" don't let the door hit you. The fact that he is reaching back and trying to raid the cupboard is a little annoying though.
I wasn’t too sad to see Wells go, but to say the program was in “steady decline” is a bit of a stretch given where this program was pre-Gary. We were a perennial bowl team under Wells and had two really good seasons with him as HC.

If things go bad with Gary in round 2, we will all look back on the halcyon days of the Wells era and wonder why we ever complained. :lol:
These users thanked the author ineptimusprime for the post (total 2):
aggies22JSHarvey

YoungBloodAggie

Post by YoungBloodAggie » August 3rd, 2019, 7:56 am

ineptimusprime wrote:
August 3rd, 2019, 7:53 am
YouEssYou wrote:
I wasn’t too sad to see Wells go, but to say the program was in “steady decline” is a bit of a stretch given where this program was pre-Gary. We were a perennial bowl team under Wells and had two really good seasons with him as HC.

If things go bad with Gary in round 2, we will all look back on the halcyon days of the Wells era and wonder why we ever complained. :lol:
Wells seasons before Yost:
9-5
10-4
6-7
3-9

When you factor in that those first two years were Gary-lite in terms of culture, I think the trend starts to make sense. Wells did two things correctly: 1) he found Jordan Love and 2) he hired great coordinators on three occasions.
These users thanked the author YoungBloodAggie for the post (total 2):
aggies22BLUERUFiO

Jordan Nathan’s ACTUAL #1 Fan

dyedblue

Post by dyedblue » August 3rd, 2019, 7:57 am

This is sounding very Collette like. I don't feel like it was a nut punch when Wells left because we have had two coaches in a row that have had sustained success and not fired. Can we ever say that?

The offense was killer last year, but two years ago it was awful (think Meyers). Wells was hands off that year too. Gary's offense (Mr. Bubbles) belonged in the Brent Guy era until Sanford came along so who knows.

The one thing I like with both Wells and Gary's first departure is they didn't leave the cupboard bare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author dyedblue for the post:
aggies22

“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » August 3rd, 2019, 8:01 am

bluegrouse wrote:
August 3rd, 2019, 12:38 am
IdAggie wrote:

Well, if that is all true (or even half of it), I’ll be very disappointed and will admit I was wrong about Wells all along.
I hate to break it to you but all true. IdAggie did a great job breaking this down. Also, this shouldn't surprise anyone but Ja'marcus isn't the only player they tried this with. He's just the only one that fell for it.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 2):
USU78ChicAggie

JFW_AGGIES

Post by JFW_AGGIES » August 3rd, 2019, 8:21 am

I know I've stated this in the past but Wells is all about himself. This isn't a surprise to anyone who has dealt with MW. Again where is his $100k donation to "his school"? On the he hired a great OC in Yost, I believe that someone has already stated that Hartwell hired Yost and told MW to keep his hands out if the cookie jar.

ChicAggie

Post by ChicAggie » August 3rd, 2019, 12:27 pm

F'n Wells.
These users thanked the author ChicAggie for the post:
oleblu111

"Good is the enemy of great.” ~ Jim Collins

flying_scotsman2.0

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » August 3rd, 2019, 12:47 pm

JFW_AGGIES wrote:
August 3rd, 2019, 8:21 am
I know I've stated this in the past but Wells is all about himself. This isn't a surprise to anyone who has dealt with MW. Again where is his $100k donation to "his school"? On the he hired a great OC in Yost, I believe that someone has already stated that Hartwell hired Yost and told MW to keep his hands out if the cookie jar.
I'm not necessarily the biggest Wells fan, but...

https://utahstateaggies.com/documents/2 ... 4_0001.pdf

CanuckAggie

Post by CanuckAggie » August 3rd, 2019, 1:19 pm

I say we cyber bully Matthew hardcore

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » August 3rd, 2019, 1:50 pm

What really twisted me with Wells was one of those last recruiting trips. (I think he was visiting Lavalle).

He was still employed by USU, he was visiting one of our already secured recruits that was considered a good get, and he wasn’t wearing a lick of Aggie colors. He was wearing black. At the time he was rumored to CU and TT both of which DO wear black.

I was suspicious then, now it’s just known to me that Wells is a backstabber
Last edited by Imakeitrain on August 3rd, 2019, 8:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
These users thanked the author Imakeitrain for the post:
aggies22

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » August 3rd, 2019, 2:01 pm

Imakeitrain wrote:
August 3rd, 2019, 1:50 pm
What really twisted me with Wells was one of those last recruiting trips. (I think he was visiting Lavalle).

He was still employed by USU, he was visiting one of our already secured recruits that was considered a good get, and he wasn’t wearing a lick of Aggie colors. He was wearing black. At the time he was rumored to CU and TT both of which DO wear black.

I don’t was suspicious then, now it’s just known to me that Wells is a backstabber
Your recollection of the visit is correct but it was QB Josh Calvin that he was visiting.

Ahbye

Post by Ahbye » August 3rd, 2019, 3:39 pm

I'm just glad that two players, Jamarcus and another, have left. They liked to hang around with underage girls on at least one occasion. Lcpd and the county got calls about "runaways" who were really just with those two. They're lucky that angry fathers didn't make them disappear. I'm very surprised Jamarcus is even close to graduating.
These users thanked the author Ahbye for the post (total 3):
USU78aggies22Machismo

Full

Post by Full » August 3rd, 2019, 4:51 pm

Ahbye wrote:I'm just glad that two players, Jamarcus and another, have left. They liked to hang around with underage girls on at least one occasion. Lcpd and the county got calls about "runaways" who were really just with those two. They're lucky that angry fathers didn't make them disappear. I'm very surprised Jamarcus is even close to graduating.
Just curious if it was a quiet summer. I know it seemed that way from outside the valley.

Machismo

Post by Machismo » August 3rd, 2019, 8:41 pm

Ahbye wrote:
August 3rd, 2019, 3:39 pm
I'm just glad that two players, Jamarcus and another, have left. They liked to hang around with underage girls on at least one occasion. Lcpd and the county got calls about "runaways" who were really just with those two. They're lucky that angry fathers didn't make them disappear. I'm very surprised Jamarcus is even close to graduating.
Good to see you post again Ahbye it's been a while.

Ahbye

Post by Ahbye » August 3rd, 2019, 8:54 pm

Full wrote:
August 3rd, 2019, 4:51 pm
Ahbye wrote:I'm just glad that two players, Jamarcus and another, have left. They liked to hang around with underage girls on at least one occasion. Lcpd and the county got calls about "runaways" who were really just with those two. They're lucky that angry fathers didn't make them disappear. I'm very surprised Jamarcus is even close to graduating.
Just curious if it was a quiet summer. I know it seemed that way from outside the valley.
It's been an extremely quiet year. Besides the whole deal with that safety we charged with rape, absolutely nothing has happened. Unprecedented, really.

Ahbye

Post by Ahbye » August 3rd, 2019, 8:54 pm

Machismo wrote:
August 3rd, 2019, 8:41 pm
Ahbye wrote:
Thanks, man. I still lurk, but I got a bit of a promotion and I'm much busier.
These users thanked the author Ahbye for the post (total 2):
crazywookieJSHarvey

Machismo

Post by Machismo » August 3rd, 2019, 8:57 pm

Ahbye wrote:
August 3rd, 2019, 8:54 pm
Machismo wrote:
Ahbye wrote:
Always enjoy reading your insight. At games I try to pick you out but not quite sure whom I'm looking for haha! Congrats on your promo.

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » August 3rd, 2019, 9:01 pm

What’s he even going to grad school in? As someone who finished grad school, grad school is stupid unless it is a few very specific professional degrees (like JD, MD, etc.)

Even if it’s being paid for. There is a lot more value getting out into the workforce and making 50-60k than moving to Lubbock, just to not win a Big 12 championship, to not make the CFP and to not be in the NFL while being paid in stipends and some random 1 year program.
These users thanked the author Imakeitrain for the post:
Ahbye

Ahbye

Post by Ahbye » August 3rd, 2019, 9:44 pm

Machismo wrote:
August 3rd, 2019, 8:57 pm
Ahbye wrote:
Machismo wrote:
Ahbye wrote:
Always enjoy reading your insight. At games I try to pick you out but not quite sure whom I'm looking for haha! Congrats on your promo.
I'm typically on the roof of the west stadium center for games.

taniataylor

Post by taniataylor » August 3rd, 2019, 10:13 pm

Ahbye wrote:
August 3rd, 2019, 9:44 pm
Machismo wrote:
Ahbye wrote:
Machismo wrote:
Ahbye wrote:
I saw you standing up there at one of the 1st games and wondered how I could get up there!! Best seats in my opinion!

Jordan Nathan's #1 Fan Copyright pending due to YBAs shenanigans

Machismo

Post by Machismo » August 4th, 2019, 8:59 am

Ahbye wrote:
Machismo wrote:
Ahbye wrote:
Machismo wrote:
Ahbye wrote:
Haha I don't think I'll be running into you anytime soon then.

Madmartigan

Post by Madmartigan » August 4th, 2019, 10:22 am

YoungBloodAggie wrote:
August 3rd, 2019, 7:56 am
ineptimusprime wrote:
August 3rd, 2019, 7:53 am
YouEssYou wrote:

Wells seasons before Yost:
9-5
10-4
6-7
3-9

When you factor in that those first two years were Gary-lite in terms of culture, I think the trend starts to make sense. Wells did two things correctly: 1) he found Jordan Love and 2) he hired great coordinators on three occasions.
On the field there was a definite dip. I think the difference was we had an administration that for once took football seriously and invested in the upgrades we see in the S&C center and Maverik. Recruiting has also taken an uptick so the cupboards aren't nearly as bare as they were.

Ahbye

Post by Ahbye » August 4th, 2019, 10:41 am

taniataylor wrote:
August 3rd, 2019, 10:13 pm
Ahbye wrote:
Machismo wrote:
Ahbye wrote:
Machismo wrote:
Ahbye wrote:
I saw you standing up there at one of the 1st games and wondered how I could get up there!! Best seats in my opinion!
I could probably sneak you up there if you really wanted to. It starts out scorching hot and ends with wrapping actual garbage bags and cardboard around your legs as windbreaks though.

Tetonkatest

Post by Tetonkatest » August 4th, 2019, 12:51 pm

This is dirty recruiting by Wells if true.

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » August 4th, 2019, 1:56 pm

Wowza.

tinplater

Post by tinplater » August 4th, 2019, 2:18 pm

ineptimusprime wrote:
August 4th, 2019, 1:56 pm

Wowza.
Why would he leave USU for Weber State?

hvaggie

Post by hvaggie » August 4th, 2019, 2:20 pm

tinplater wrote:
August 4th, 2019, 2:18 pm
ineptimusprime wrote:

Wowza.
Exposure. Not the good kind

Aggie19

Post by Aggie19 » August 4th, 2019, 2:26 pm

tinplater wrote:
August 4th, 2019, 2:18 pm
ineptimusprime wrote:

Wowza.
I would assume that he doesn't have much choice to stay at USU with all the garbage he pulled. In an earlier post, Aggies22 stated, "I've been led to believe he would not be welcome back at Utah State"
These users thanked the author Aggie19 for the post:
aggies22

Go Aggies!

Locked Previous topicNext topic