After further review...

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Ahbye

After further review...

Post by Ahbye » March 4th, 2019, 4:42 am

So I can't describe in detail what happened that we didn't see in the Twitter videos because there's a bunch of investigation that needs to be done by the MWC. I can relate that the hallway where everything happened has more surveillance electronics than our embassy in Russia during the Cold War when we let the Russians build it.

I can also relate that I am very proud of how our fans, players, staff, and coaches handled things. The footage needs to be obtained and made public by the press. Unbelievable.
These users thanked the author Ahbye for the post (total 18):
slcaggusufan1aggies22GeorgiaAggieflying_scotsman2.0Roy McAvoydonlarson8Aggie_in_Idahosockpuppetfreakboy and 8 more users

usufan1

Re: After further review...

Post by usufan1 » March 4th, 2019, 4:56 am

Ahbye wrote:So I can't describe in detail what happened that we didn't see in the Twitter videos because there's a bunch of investigation that needs to be done by the MWC. I can relate that the hallway where everything happened has more surveillance electronics than our embassy in Russia during the Cold War when we let the Russians build it.

I can also relate that I am very proud of how our fans, players, staff, and coaches handled things. The footage needs to be obtained and made public by the press. Unbelievable.
Thanks for the update.

I'm sure the Herald Journal will be right on the story! Image

Edit: Ah crap, they're closed on Monday's... Guess it'll have to be cachevalleydaily.com

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author usufan1 for the post:
Ahbye

BeNo

Post by BeNo » March 4th, 2019, 6:59 am

Ahbye wrote:
March 4th, 2019, 4:42 am
So I can't describe in detail what happened that we didn't see in the Twitter videos because there's a bunch of investigation that needs to be done by the MWC. I can relate that the hallway where everything happened has more surveillance electronics than our embassy in Russia during the Cold War when we let the Russians build it.

Would the surveillance video be obtainable via a FOIA request?

USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

Post by USU78 » March 4th, 2019, 7:43 am

BeNo wrote:
March 4th, 2019, 6:59 am
Ahbye wrote:

Would the surveillance video be obtainable via a FOIA request?
Anything the school has is fair game, subject to statutory exceptions. USU has no motivation to invoke those, however. Press stuff is out of bounds.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Ahbye

Post by Ahbye » March 4th, 2019, 7:51 am

What he said. I didn't see anything that's a holds a reasonable expectation of privacy. If I'm usu athletics and unr is trashing our name nationally, I feed lots of rope and then hang them with it.
These users thanked the author Ahbye for the post (total 3):
aggies22donlarson8CodingAggieBlue

USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

Post by USU78 » March 4th, 2019, 7:59 am

Ahbye wrote:
March 4th, 2019, 7:51 am
What he said. I didn't see anything that's a holds a reasonable expectation of privacy. If I'm usu athletics and unr is trashing our name nationally, I feed lots of rope and then hang them with it.
Bwahahahaha! :devil:

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

RigAggie

Post by RigAggie » March 4th, 2019, 8:19 am

Ahbye wrote:
True, but we need to get it out quickly. Stories like this tend to flame out quickly with the original video evidence being sold as the "Truth". Get it right, but get it out fast.
These users thanked the author RigAggie for the post (total 3):
SpectrumMagicdonlarson8sneed

freakboy

Post by freakboy » March 4th, 2019, 8:20 am

Ahbye wrote:
I can relate that the hallway where everything happened has more surveillance electronics than our embassy in Russia during the Cold War when we let the Russians build it.
Hmmm...I'm glad it wasn't like that in the 1990s when we used to walk in the side door by the parking lot on the south side of the spectrum and walk down the hall early afternoon on game days. We'd walk down the tunnel and place blankets on the front row of the student section in order to save the seats. One day when we did that, the NMSU basketball team was holding a closed practice. While we waited at the mouth of the visiting tunnel, we convinced a friend to walk out to place the blankets.

NMSU's coach, Neil McCarthy, stopped practice to interrogate our friend as to what he was doing in the closed practice.

We lost the game 104-100 in double overtime, but we had really good seats.
These users thanked the author freakboy for the post:
918AGG

sockpuppet

Post by sockpuppet » March 4th, 2019, 8:35 am

Ahbye, do these HD cameras pick up colors on shirts? Like, for example, if someone wearing a shirt with vertical black and white stripes were to be abused in the locker room hallway, would that show up on a HD camera? A similar, and possibly related question, do these HD cameras pick up letters on shirts? Like, for example, if someone wearing a shirt with the letters N-E-V-A-D-A on it were to abuse someone wearing a vertical black and white striped shirt in the locker room hallway, would that show up on a HD camera?

aceofspadeskb

Post by aceofspadeskb » March 4th, 2019, 8:39 am

sockpuppet wrote:
March 4th, 2019, 8:35 am
Ahbye, do these HD cameras pick up colors on shirts? Like, for example, if someone wearing a shirt with vertical black and white stripes were to be abused in the locker room hallway, would that show up on a HD camera? A similar, and possibly related question, do these HD cameras pick up letters on shirts? Like, for example, if someone wearing a shirt with the letters N-E-V-A-D-A on it were to abuse someone wearing a vertical black and white striped shirt in the locker room hallway, would that show up on a HD camera?
Are you insinuating something? Do you know something? Are you blindly accusing something? Or just stirring the pot? :stirpot: :lol:

Goodness we need answers!

SpectrumMagic

Post by SpectrumMagic » March 4th, 2019, 8:47 am

If this is true let’s see if MW has the balls to do something about it. They’ve created this mess by letting Musselman have free reign on officials. Trying to grab an officials whistle with no technical or consequences? Especially in a game where 54 fouls were called.

WAaggieFan

After further review...

Post by WAaggieFan » March 4th, 2019, 8:49 am

I’d be willing to bet at least B but probably A because it’s a sock puppet account. If it wasn’t Caroline’s own teammate/assistants and if the potential suspension would only affect UNR, as implicated by Ahbye, then that would imply USU wasn’t involved. Not many other potential people left in that hallway. If only B it’s an extremely astute process of elimination. I’m still leaning A here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SpectrumMagic

Post by SpectrumMagic » March 4th, 2019, 8:53 am

RigAggie wrote:
March 4th, 2019, 8:19 am
Ahbye wrote:
True, but we need to get it out quickly. Stories like this tend to flame out quickly with the original video evidence being sold as the "Truth". Get it right, but get it out fast.
I agree - I’m guessing MW doesn’t do anything and it gets swept under the rug. Ahbye has seen it all and Id love the whole story to get out but I’m guessing if it does it will be too late and out of sight out of mind and narrative of racist white Utah and students accosting the team will be what’s remembered - I hope I’m wrong

bigblue
Pick'em Champ - '12 Kickoff; '16 Bowl; '19 WTHCG; '19 BB Predict The Score

Post by bigblue » March 4th, 2019, 8:57 am

sockpuppet wrote:Ahbye, do these HD cameras pick up colors on shirts? Like, for example, if someone wearing a shirt with vertical black and white stripes were to be abused in the locker room hallway, would that show up on a HD camera? A similar, and possibly related question, do these HD cameras pick up letters on shirts? Like, for example, if someone wearing a shirt with the letters N-E-V-A-D-A on it were to abuse someone wearing a vertical black and white striped shirt in the locker room hallway, would that show up on a HD camera?
The three floor refs exited the floor down the visitors tunnel so I doubt a shirt with black and white vertical strips was seen.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Well the universe is shaped exactly like the earth
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were

Madmartigan

Post by Madmartigan » March 4th, 2019, 9:17 am

I just saw a screenshot showing one of our students touching #10 Martin. Nevada is quite upset about that and rightfully so. Doesn't justify behavior in the lockerroom, but this adds some color. Two sides to every story.

Roy McAvoy

Post by Roy McAvoy » March 4th, 2019, 9:20 am

Madmartigan wrote:
March 4th, 2019, 9:17 am
I just saw a screenshot showing one of our students touching #10 Martin. Nevada is quite upset about that and rightfully so. Doesn't justify behavior in the lockerroom, but this adds some color. Two sides to every story.
#2 from Nevada also got hit pretty hard by a student rushing the court and simply ignored it. There were definitely issues with our court storming.

donlarson8

Post by donlarson8 » March 4th, 2019, 9:28 am

Roy McAvoy wrote:
Madmartigan wrote:
#2 from Nevada also got hit pretty hard by a student rushing the court and simply ignored it. There were definitely issues with our court storming.
I saw getting hit by the rope, haven’t seen him getting hit by a fan.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

donlarson8

Post by donlarson8 » March 4th, 2019, 9:29 am

Madmartigan wrote:I just saw a screenshot showing one of our students touching #10 Martin. Nevada is quite upset about that and rightfully so. Doesn't justify behavior in the lockerroom, but this adds some color. Two sides to every story.
Was this during the game or after? Could you post it?

SpectrumMagic

Post by SpectrumMagic » March 4th, 2019, 9:29 am

Roy McAvoy wrote:
March 4th, 2019, 9:20 am
Madmartigan wrote:
I believe that was event staff running to rope off area. Inadvertent - just trying to do her job.

aggiesdotcom

Post by aggiesdotcom » March 4th, 2019, 9:32 am

Madmartigan wrote:
Was this on an out of bounds play or postgame?

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » March 4th, 2019, 9:32 am

donlarson8 wrote:
March 4th, 2019, 9:29 am
Madmartigan wrote:I just saw a screenshot showing one of our students touching #10 Martin. Nevada is quite upset about that and rightfully so. Doesn't justify behavior in the lockerroom, but this adds some color. Two sides to every story.

crazywookie

Post by crazywookie » March 4th, 2019, 9:34 am

donlarson8 wrote:
March 4th, 2019, 9:28 am
Roy McAvoy wrote:
Madmartigan wrote:

Bottom left of the video (court storming) shows him being bumped enough to at least move noticeably. I don't think it warrants a fuss, but it is there.

Of course the narrative isn't nearly as exciting so some minor retraction may result OR we will see something proving what happened.

"Cover me porkins I'm going in..."

"I'm right with you Red 3..."

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » March 4th, 2019, 9:34 am

I see someone reaching, but I don't see the contact. This was the same time that Thurmon came over and slapped someone's hand.
These users thanked the author hipsterdoofus21 for the post:
donlarson8

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » March 4th, 2019, 9:34 am

crazywookie wrote:
March 4th, 2019, 9:34 am
donlarson8 wrote:
March 4th, 2019, 9:28 am
Roy McAvoy wrote:
Madmartigan wrote:

Bottom left of the video (court storming) shows him being bumped enough to at least move noticeably. I don't think it warrants a fuss, but it is there.

Of course the narrative isn't nearly as exciting so some minor retraction may result OR we will see something proving what happened.
That was the rope girl.

SaintAggie

Post by SaintAggie » March 4th, 2019, 9:35 am

SpectrumMagic wrote:
Roy McAvoy wrote:
March 4th, 2019, 9:20 am
Madmartigan wrote:
I believe that was event staff running to rope off area. Inadvertent - just trying to do her job.
From what I have seen that's the case

frankiesaysrelax

Post by frankiesaysrelax » March 4th, 2019, 9:38 am

ProvoAggie wrote:
March 4th, 2019, 9:32 am
donlarson8 wrote:

Someone posted this in other thread but it is the same time as the other picture and he isn’t even that close to fans. Refs would have called something or warned fans If they touched him. They were right there.

Winning Team

Post by Winning Team » March 4th, 2019, 9:41 am

ProvoAggie wrote:
donlarson8 wrote:

Hey, look that's us! I know that no one would simply take our word for it but that was my friend group and I. No one touched him. No one. The only ones who were touched were us when their player came over and slapped away our hands from pointing. Probably shouldn't have pointed that close though. Live and learn.
These users thanked the author Winning Team for the post:
donlarson8

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » March 4th, 2019, 9:42 am

frankiesaysrelax wrote:
March 4th, 2019, 9:38 am
ProvoAggie wrote:
donlarson8 wrote:

Someone posted this in other thread but it is the same time as the other picture and he isn’t even that close to fans. Refs would have called something or warned fans If they touched him. They were right there.
While you can't see contact in the first picture, he's definitely within reach of the fans. In the first screenshot his waist is at the edge of the blue painted area and he's laying down which would most likely put his head right at the wall. In the second picture he's a few feet in from the blue painted area which would put him too far to be reached.

AggieWinz

Post by AggieWinz » March 4th, 2019, 9:49 am

ProvoAggie wrote:
donlarson8 wrote:

I was front row courtside and had a good view of that when it happened. They didn't touch the player. I did think to myself "Wow those guys need to be really careful not to touch the player with how close they are getting" but I never saw them actually touch the player. However, they were definitely only inches away from him while they were pointing at him when he was on the ground.

SaintAggie

Post by SaintAggie » March 4th, 2019, 9:51 am

Does this shot really look like he is being touched to you guys? I see the pointing at him with his hand behind the cheerleaders arm, but don't see any contact. Is something being missed?
These users thanked the author SaintAggie for the post:
Madmartigan

WasatchAggie

Post by WasatchAggie » March 4th, 2019, 9:54 am

Someone should send this to Hartwell so he knows the students are denying they touched anyone.
These users thanked the author WasatchAggie for the post:
Winning Team

freakboy

Post by freakboy » March 4th, 2019, 9:56 am

It looks like there are photographers or staff in that area between the court and the seats.

freakboy

Post by freakboy » March 4th, 2019, 10:02 am

Here is video of that play (it cuts away for a second, but you can see how close he was to the stands).

If it doesn't automatically start at the right point, go to 43:18:

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » March 4th, 2019, 11:15 am

Oh please.... No one touched any Nevada players. The one Nevada player got hit by the rope as the rope staff was effectively cordoning off the handshake line. He pushed it off of him and kept walking. No big deal.

People are looking for things that just aren't there. Show me where someone was touched in those screenshots. The actual people in the photos have been on here since last night saying that they never touched anyone, but that Thurman come over and swiped their hands away, instigating the contact. Video backs this up.

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » March 4th, 2019, 12:09 pm

I doubt any of this touching was really the issue. The Nevada players didn't act like it was a huge deal. I'm sure Muss would have gotten them T'd up if there was legitimate touching.

Locked Previous topicNext topic