Brent Guy's record

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Socrates2121

Brent Guy's record

Post by Socrates2121 » November 27th, 2016, 1:01 am

Guy had a better record over his last 17 games than Wells has had over the last 17 games.

Guy's 5 wins over that span: Idaho (2x), NMSU (2x), Hawaii

Wells' 4 wins over the span: Nevada, Weber State, Arkansas State, Fresno.

Shout out to a caller on Aggie call who made me look this stuff up.

Bulls On Parade

AgMac

Re: Brent Guy's record

Post by AgMac » November 27th, 2016, 1:16 am

Socrates2121 wrote:Guy had a better record over his last 17 games than Wells has had over the last 17 games.

Guy's 5 wins over that span: Idaho (2x), NMSU (2x), Hawaii

Wells' 4 wins over the span: Nevada, Weber State, Arkansas State, Fresno.

Shout out to a caller on Aggie call who made me look this stuff up.
It was our very own, GeoAg!

And it really puts things into perspective. Also, we have won one road game in two years. ONE!!!!!

nrlAggie34
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by nrlAggie34 » November 27th, 2016, 7:17 am

I knew things were bad, but this really puts it into perspective. A lot of people saw this coming several years ago. :puke: :puke: It comes down to player discipline, on and off the field. Look at all those stupid penalties last night. The taunting penalty was embarrassing, right up there with Myers tweeting his stats after a loss. Our coach is a hot head primadonna, and it has trickled down to the players. when I was on campus during the Brent guy years the joke about the team was "win or lose, we still booze." Sounds like that might be true again today. :puke:

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » November 27th, 2016, 7:51 am

I thought Leavitt's "me, me, me" celebration/stare down after the interception was just as embarrassing as Carmen's taunting penalty. These players aren't representing my school well at all.

AggieMan5

Post by AggieMan5 » November 27th, 2016, 8:52 am

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:I thought Leavitt's "me, me, me" celebration/stare down after the interception was just as embarrassing as Carmen's taunting penalty. These players aren't representing my school well at all.
I give Leavitt the benefit of the doubt. Things ended very poorly for him at BYU and I'm sure that felt great to get that INT. Also Leavitt has more heart than anyone on this team and he has showed it all season long. If every player had Leavitts mentality we would've won more than 3 games this season.

Carmen on the other hand was a as classless as they come. I was embarrassed it was my school acting like pricks while down 18 and not BYU this time. No excuses.

dyedblue

Post by dyedblue » November 27th, 2016, 8:57 am

Carmen was an idiot. Any fool could look at the scoreboard and know that was an absurd time to taunt - never is a good time -

Very embarrassing for our team and especially for us in the stadium. Total douche move

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » November 27th, 2016, 10:45 am

Carmen has been a disappointment all year. He is a big reason why we have had poor defense. That move just seals the deal on his pathetic career as an Aggie. Too slow to tackle anyone and too stupid to realize he is getting beat.

TrueAG

Post by TrueAG » November 27th, 2016, 12:12 pm

Leavitt is a typical BYU player a few great plays followed by tons of missed tackles and a lot of talk

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » November 27th, 2016, 1:10 pm

Leavitt is by far my favorite player. If the rest of them played with his heart and determination we would have won a lot more games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mcaggie1

Post by mcaggie1 » November 27th, 2016, 1:20 pm

TrueAG wrote:Leavitt is a typical BYU player a few great plays followed by tons of missed tackles and a lot of talk
I guess I have been watching another #2 than you have.

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » November 27th, 2016, 1:36 pm

2004AG wrote:Leavitt is by far my favorite player. If the rest of them played with his heart and determination we would have won a lot more games.

I love his play. I hate his post big play Zoob-like celebrations.

Aggieiester

Post by Aggieiester » November 27th, 2016, 1:41 pm

Running across the field, ignoring teammates that wanted to celebrate with him to jump up on a bench and stare down the BYU crowd is not what a team leader does, hopefully he learns from that and moves on.

I can't even imagine what would have happened if a BYU player did that same thing in Logan, but I guess if he wears the right color of blue it's just fine.

Oh yea, also as far as Brent Guy's record one has to understand that he did not have anywhere near the resources that the current coaching staff has. In fact one year USU was so flush with cash that Guy's team took buses to play in Laramie, staying the night in beautiful Rawlings Wyoming.

Wells is doing less with more than any other coach in USU History.

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » November 27th, 2016, 1:52 pm

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
2004AG wrote:Leavitt is by far my favorite player. If the rest of them played with his heart and determination we would have won a lot more games.

I turned to my wife and said, "When he played for byu, I hated him, but now I love him."

I didn't love what he did after the interception, but its somewhat of a fine line. I love his heart and determination, and when you play with that fire, its hard to tone it down sometimes.

AgMac

Post by AgMac » November 27th, 2016, 3:53 pm

2004AG wrote:
hipsterdoofus21 wrote:

I turned to my wife and said, "When he played for byu, I hated him, but now I love him."

I didn't love what he did after the interception, but its somewhat of a fine line. I love his heart and determination, and when you play with that fire, its hard to tone it down sometimes.
Leavitt was a complete clown last night. Went from being one of my favorites to just one step above Carmen. I remember two years ago after the game in Provo telling my friends that Dallin Leavitt was the quintessential byu db that I hated. You can imagine how well last night went for me.

VaTechUte
Troll
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by VaTechUte » November 27th, 2016, 6:23 pm

watched the game last night hoping for an Aggie upset, I walked away wondering what is up with #20 and #2. Complete morons.

Wow, just wow.

Jjoey52

Post by Jjoey52 » November 27th, 2016, 6:24 pm

My perception of Guy is that he inherited a totally messed up program when he replaced Sarkesian. He left the program in better shape than when he started, but his progress was at a very slow rate.

IMO he doesn't deserve most of the grief, Sarkesian does.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

“Apathy and tolerance are the final virtues of a dying society.” - Aristotle

jackmormon
RIP

Post by jackmormon » November 27th, 2016, 6:38 pm

Brent Guy is coaching USC now? :noidea:

Jjoey52

Post by Jjoey52 » November 27th, 2016, 7:32 pm

My big error, I meant Arslanian and then Denehy.

“Apathy and tolerance are the final virtues of a dying society.” - Aristotle

jackmormon
RIP

Post by jackmormon » November 27th, 2016, 8:16 pm

Jjoey52 wrote:My big error, I meant Arslanian and then Denehy.

No problem. Just effin' with you. :)

dyedblue

Post by dyedblue » November 27th, 2016, 9:01 pm

I was at the game and didn't see Leavitt do that. Oh my, I love the passion he has played with but that is bush league.

“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » November 27th, 2016, 9:09 pm

Aggieiester wrote:Running across the field, ignoring teammates that wanted to celebrate with him to jump up on a bench and stare down the BYU crowd is not what a team leader does, hopefully he learns from that and moves on.

I can't even imagine what would have happened if a BYU player did that same thing in Logan, but I guess if he wears the right color of blue it's just fine.

Oh yea, also as far as Brent Guy's record one has to understand that he did not have anywhere near the resources that the current coaching staff has. In fact one year USU was so flush with cash that Guy's team took buses to play in Laramie, staying the night in beautiful Rawlings Wyoming.

Wells is doing less with more than any other coach in USU History.
Essentially Leavitt's did what Midriff Matthews did to our crowd last year after the 70 yd high-knee prance for a TD. I thought both are punk moves.

BigVBAg

Post by BigVBAg » November 27th, 2016, 9:15 pm

VaTechUte wrote:watched the game last night hoping for an Aggie upset, I walked away wondering what is up with #20 and #2. Complete morons.

Wow, just wow.
I didn't see that last night either. Completely unacceptable. Makes me sick to my stomach! :puke:

WAaggieFan

Post by WAaggieFan » November 27th, 2016, 9:27 pm

Really Leavitt's main mistake was forgetting in the heat of the moment that USU doesn't have the offense to back that sort of stuff up.

Detroit-Aggie

Post by Detroit-Aggie » November 29th, 2016, 7:01 am

Brent Guy did inherit a pretty bad program, no question about that, but when you take a 3-8 team, and then manage to make it considerably worse (1-11) before getting it back up to the level at which you took over (3-9), I don't think you get a free pass. Brent Guy was atrocious.

The fact that Guy had a better record over his last 17 games than Matt Wells has over his last 17 games speaks volumes to Wells' ability as a head coach.

aggiesdotcom

Post by aggiesdotcom » November 29th, 2016, 8:42 am

BigVBAg wrote:
VaTechUte wrote:watched the game last night hoping for an Aggie upset, I walked away wondering what is up with #20 and #2. Complete morons.

Wow, just wow.
I didn't see that last night either. Completely unacceptable. Makes me sick to my stomach! :puke:

In Leavitt's defense, he is a disgruntled zoobie. Definitely bush league response to an otherwise good play.

Locked Previous topicNext topic