Dawn of new magnificent era

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
buckfever
RIP

Dawn of new magnificent era

Post by buckfever » November 4th, 2016, 7:27 pm

After seeing most practices I must say we will see several great years
But we are a bit out of shape. Spencer has all big guys in the palm of his hand.
Now. We have monster good guys. Best since dimitri. McKewen. Wow. Merrill wow.
But USU boy blue will spew his stuff early. Yes bad need about 6 weeks. Then we roll.

Coach Nelson has installed a chip on these kids. He yells. They picked us as league mutts. No we are champs
So. The dureah haters like usu blue will have 6 months to scream about the coach and why so. Virginia is got ahead early. Well blue. I will kill a crow and bring you a fork. With the recruits and assts remind me about the bad hire.
Nah Let's let it unfold and see if we are better than pre season projection. Oh my. Aggies are lising

USUBlue
13=13

Re: Dawn of new magnificent era

Post by USUBlue » November 4th, 2016, 7:39 pm

buckfever wrote:After seeing most practices I must say we will see several great years
But we are a bit out of shape. Spencer has all big guys in the palm of his hand.
Now. We have monster good guys. Best since dimitri McKewen. Wow. Merrill wow.
But USU boy blue will spew his stuff early. Yes bad need about 6 weeks. Then we roll.

Coach Nelson has installed a chip on these kids. He yells. They picked us as league mutts. No we are champs
So. The dureah haters like usu blue will have 6 months to scream about the coach and why so. Virginia is got ahead early. Well blue. I will kill a crow and bring you a fork. With the recruits and assts remind me about the bad hire.
Nah Let's let it unfold and see if we are better than pre season projection. Oh my. Aggies are lising
Why don't we let Duryea prove something first Buck; you know Buck, I'm from Missouri. And you can be assured that your BBall insights will Not sway me much; nor will your talking to Jimmy. Last year for Duryea was a disaster -- were we last or second to last In the MWC? I'll watch his x's and o's -- see if he's remembered anything Stew taught him; but his recruits and assistants appear to be very solid.
Last edited by USUBlue on November 5th, 2016, 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

ratofallaggies

Post by ratofallaggies » November 4th, 2016, 7:51 pm

USUBlue wrote:
buckfever wrote:After seeing most practices I must say we will see several great years

Why don't we let Duryea prove something first Buck; you know Buck, I'm from Missouri. And you can be assured that your BBall insights will sway me much; nor will your talking to Jimmy. Last year for Duryea was a disaster -- were we last or second to last In the MWC? I'll watch his x's and o's -- see if he's remembered anything Stew taught him; but his recruits and assistants appear to be very solid.
Fish on! Fish on!!!

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » November 4th, 2016, 7:52 pm

USUBlue wrote:were we last or second to last In the MWC?
We finished 8th out of 11 teams.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

dyedblue

Post by dyedblue » November 4th, 2016, 8:06 pm

Why don't we let Duryea prove something first? Great idea, as you were.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » November 4th, 2016, 8:17 pm

Blue lives rent free in your head ......

I'm excited about the Spencer Nelson hire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » November 4th, 2016, 8:31 pm

For reference, ISU (Idaho State, not Iowa State) beat SVU by 34 a few days ago.

USUBlue
13=13

Post by USUBlue » November 4th, 2016, 8:53 pm

ProvoAggie wrote:
USUBlue wrote:were we last or second to last In the MWC?
We finished 8th out of 12 teams.

Actually we were tied for 8th out of 11 (so only 2 teams worse than us). In short, we sucked last year.
Last edited by USUBlue on November 5th, 2016, 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » November 4th, 2016, 9:02 pm

Everyone we had in the last few minutes sucked something fierce. Guessing those are 5 that aren't ready.

All I learned from this game is that Koby is legit, Merrill will be good, but it looks like we're 6 points worse than ISU right now :).

JonnyCienPesos

Post by JonnyCienPesos » November 4th, 2016, 9:03 pm

ineptimusprime wrote:Everyone we had in the last few minutes sucked something fierce. Guessing those are 5 that aren't ready.

All I learned from this game is that Koby is legit, Merrill will be good, but it looks like we're 6 points worse than ISU right now :).
I'm going to go ahead and hope this was all tongue in cheek.

I'm actually really smart, probably smarter than you are so if you disagree with what I have stated in this post, you are likely wrong (and dumb).

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » November 4th, 2016, 9:07 pm

JonnyCienPesos wrote:
ineptimusprime wrote:Everyone we had in the last few minutes sucked something fierce. Guessing those are 5 that aren't ready.

Haha, all of it but the Koby and Merrill parts. UC-Irvine will be interesting!

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » November 4th, 2016, 9:29 pm

I was a bit worried about Merrill's ability to defend - I'm not anymore.

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » November 4th, 2016, 9:34 pm

JonnyCienPesos wrote:

The smiley face wasn't a dead give away??

coolag

Post by coolag » November 4th, 2016, 9:37 pm

What thee hell?

Regulator of Class

Jjoey52

Post by Jjoey52 » November 4th, 2016, 9:41 pm

For the record, this is ISU's best team in years, Telfair and Lezcando are the best guard combo in Big Sky.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

“Apathy and tolerance are the final virtues of a dying society.” - Aristotle

buckfever
RIP

Post by buckfever » November 4th, 2016, 10:29 pm

Yeah usu blew. Sorry you grew up in misery Of course. Missouri Same thing I reckon
Spout your poison. It ain't goona work now. Good coach (that you hate). Wonderfull assistant coaches Recruiting fantastic players to play here. No. your dream of coach dureay failing is gone. Blew away Fart I. Wind
Ublue. Let's watch the season Doubt we need to visit until season ends. Then you can scold me I desreved. Go go go usu bball :pirate:

buckfever
RIP

Post by buckfever » November 4th, 2016, 11:37 pm

Let me revisit this in march.

MetsJetsAggies

Post by MetsJetsAggies » November 5th, 2016, 12:21 am

2004AG wrote:

And you basically follow blue related topics around to defend him

YoungBloodAggie

Post by YoungBloodAggie » November 5th, 2016, 12:23 am

buckfever wrote:Yeah usu blew. Sorry you grew up in misery Of course. Missouri Same thing I reckon
Spout your poison. It ain't goona work now. Good coach (that you hate). Wonderfull assistant coaches Recruiting fantastic players to play here. No. your dream of coach dureay failing is gone. Blew away Fart I. Wind
Ublue. Let's watch the season Doubt we need to visit until season ends. Then you can scold me I desreved. Go go go usu bball :pirate:
If you read this backwards it's actually a seance that summons the devil.

Jordan Nathan’s ACTUAL #1 Fan

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » November 5th, 2016, 12:25 am

MetsJetsAggies wrote:
2004AG wrote:

The personal attacks annoy me. I don't know why they are allowed.

MetsJetsAggies

Post by MetsJetsAggies » November 5th, 2016, 12:26 am

2004AG wrote:
MetsJetsAggies wrote:
2004AG wrote:

This one wasn't that bad really. I didn't even notice he really said anything derogatory towards usu blue until after you came in and said something. Just stating the fact that he was an obnoxious Duryea basher before he even coached a game, it's pretty true. Personally I've gotten to the point where I cant wait to see the day we are good enough for USUBlue to eat some crow, I'm sure he hopes the same but sometimes no one can be sure.

USUBlue
13=13

Post by USUBlue » November 5th, 2016, 12:44 am

MetsJetsAggies wrote:
2004AG wrote:
MetsJetsAggies wrote:
2004AG wrote:

This one wasn't that bad really. I didn't even notice he really said anything derogatory towards usu blue until after you came in and said something. Just stating the fact that he was an obnoxious Duryea basher before he even coached a game, it's pretty true. Personally I've gotten to the point where I cant wait to see the day we are good enough for USUBlue to eat some crow, I'm sure he hopes the same but sometimes no one can be sure.
Actually I hope the same thing, but I will not lower expectations just to satisfy the cheerleader squad and pacify brown-nosers like Buck. Top 3 finish is the standard if we are ever going to make an NCAA tournament again and that's the promised land. I could not care less about the CIT, CBA, NIT, CYA, YCMA or any other tournament.

USUBlue
13=13

Post by USUBlue » November 5th, 2016, 12:48 am

We also learned that Jalen and Rector still don't play defense, and that Janicek is soft.

USUBlue
13=13

Post by USUBlue » November 5th, 2016, 12:56 am

buckfever wrote:Yeah usu blew. Sorry you grew up in misery Of course. Missouri Same thing I reckon
Don't hate Duryea at all Buck -- never met him; never spoken with him. But he sucked big-time last year -- out coached in every game and it made me wonder if he ever talked with Stew about offense, rebounding, and defense. However, he has recruited well, hired some good assistants . . so let's see if he's learned / remembered some of what Stew taught him for about 14 years.

buckfever
RIP

Post by buckfever » November 5th, 2016, 4:36 am

Brown noser. Are you serious. Goodness. No sir. I don't ever Ever talk to coaches. The president. Yes. But only about contracts I have with usu. this is why I have fled this board most months. Blew. Maybe direct a comment in march.
Ye can't kick against the pricks. A great biblical passage.

ChicAggie

Post by ChicAggie » November 5th, 2016, 5:58 am

This thread raises a question I have often considered as I browse the addled musings of various posters. How many posters on this board fall into the "English As A Second Language" category?

"Good is the enemy of great.” ~ Jim Collins

SLB

Post by SLB » November 5th, 2016, 8:27 am

To the people who compare this SVU vs Utah State game to the Idaho State vs SVU game, Utah State played everyone, and no one on the Aggies played 20 minutes. In the Idaho State vs SVU game, Idaho State had 4 starters play over 20 minutes including one starter playing 28 minutes. We were leading 83-47 before the bottom 5 of the roster took over in the last 4.5 minutes of the game.

AggieDude
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by AggieDude » November 5th, 2016, 10:11 am

SLB wrote:To the people who compare this SVU vs Utah State game to the Idaho State vs SVU game, Utah State played everyone, and no one on the Aggies played 20 minutes. In the Idaho State vs SVU game, Idaho State had 4 starters play over 20 minutes including one starter playing 28 minutes. We were leading 83-47 before the bottom 5 of the roster took over in the last 4.5 minutes of the game.
Doesn't matter either way. You could draw certain conclusions about all three teams by watching the two games but Idaho State winning by a greater margin than Utah State means very little if anything at all.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

bleu
Been thanked: 0

Post by bleu » November 5th, 2016, 10:14 am

USUBlue wrote:

We also learned that Jalen and Rector still don't play defense, and that Janicek is soft.
I know that the first post was sarcasm, and I sure hope the second is as well.

This was an exhibition. For anyone that needs a reminder. I really shouldn't have to say anything more than that.

tjensen_25

Post by tjensen_25 » November 5th, 2016, 11:14 am

Is there some kind of Buckfever translation book I can buy? How does anyone ever know what he's spouting off about? Pure, nonsensical rambling.

I.M.Noone
Has thanked: 0

Post by I.M.Noone » November 5th, 2016, 11:26 am

SVU is a Div III program. The Ags beat the Buena Vista, VA LDS ward team last night. Even if we beat Irvine on the road, it shouldn't be anything to get excited about. If we beat BYU at the end of the month on a neutral court, that'll be a sign that maybe Duryea is going to do something here.

Warning! Don't read this post. It's garbage.

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » November 5th, 2016, 11:27 am

Maybe when Duryea proves USUBlue wrong, he will leave for Oregon State like the last Aggie that proved him wrong!

AggieMan5

Post by AggieMan5 » November 5th, 2016, 11:46 am

Is the game online anywhere I could watch it?

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » November 5th, 2016, 3:10 pm

AggieMan5 wrote:Is the game online anywhere I could watch it?
The game was not made available online to watch live or after the fact.

SLB

Post by SLB » November 5th, 2016, 4:52 pm

I.M.Noone wrote:SVU is a Div III program. The Ags beat the Buena Vista, VA LDS ward team last night. Even if we beat Irvine on the road, it shouldn't be anything to get excited about. If we beat BYU at the end of the month on a neutral court, that'll be a sign that maybe Duryea is going to do something here.
We lost to UC Irvine last season. I would be more excited if we beat UC Irvine on the road since that would show improvement.

Locked Previous topicNext topic