Bojay!

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
BustaMcNutt

Bojay!

Post by BustaMcNutt » January 25th, 2011, 7:49 pm

Looks like Bojay has committed. A couple reports of it on the old board. She be a great one!

Seldomseensmith
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bojay!

Post by Seldomseensmith » January 25th, 2011, 8:04 pm

1st team All American, California State JC Defensive POY, California JC Region IV 1st team, California JC Region IV Defensive POY, Southern California Football Association/National Division/Southern Conference Defensive POY. He's probably the highest rated JC player we've ever had here.

USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

Post by USU78 » January 25th, 2011, 8:07 pm

Checked the JC board: they say Bojay to USU, too. One poster claimed to have spoken with him.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Chatman

Post by Chatman » January 25th, 2011, 10:18 pm

I thought he committed to Kansas State. Their board seems to think so. He was also offered by Iowa State and Oklahoma had interest.

GeoAg

Post by GeoAg » January 25th, 2011, 11:34 pm

Can't find anything saying he committed to Kansas State.

Everything thing I can find says he will be an Aggie, including his own words.

"You guys have sacrificed in ways you've never sacrificed before. You've given more. You expect more...Tonight is our opportunity to write the story of who this family, who this program, who this team will be" -Coach Blake Anderson

WillRogersAggie

Post by WillRogersAggie » January 25th, 2011, 11:37 pm

a link...please

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.
Will Rogers

GeoAg

Post by GeoAg » January 25th, 2011, 11:39 pm

WillRogersAggie wrote:a link...please
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=87&f=4459&t=7101294

"You guys have sacrificed in ways you've never sacrificed before. You've given more. You expect more...Tonight is our opportunity to write the story of who this family, who this program, who this team will be" -Coach Blake Anderson

WillRogersAggie

Post by WillRogersAggie » January 25th, 2011, 11:39 pm

gracias amigo

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.
Will Rogers

Cougargradaggiefan

Post by Cougargradaggiefan » January 26th, 2011, 9:54 am

Funny, this is probably a bigger get than VJ Fehoko would have been, and is flying under the radar. Remember all the hupla last year when VJ was deciding?

HeadHunter

Post by HeadHunter » January 26th, 2011, 10:34 am

Come on guys i saved my first post for this news the other day in the visits thread and it got no reaction. Maybe i was not to specific

ShowMeAggie

Post by ShowMeAggie » January 26th, 2011, 10:52 am

HeadHunter wrote:Come on guys i saved my first post for this news the other day in the visits thread and it got no reaction. Maybe i was not to specific
everyone was too busy staring at your avatar to write back; then they had to wipe the drool (? ;) ) off their keyboards and by then the inclination to respond had waned.

i can't speak for everyone, but if you keep bringing good information like that and keep that avatar, we'd like you to post much, much more frequently. (and if you keep the avatar, it won't even matter what kind of information you bring! ;) )

Seldomseensmith

Post by Seldomseensmith » January 26th, 2011, 11:10 am

HeadHunter wrote:Come on guys i saved my first post for this news the other day in the visits thread and it got no reaction. Maybe i was not to specific
You gotta understand this is Aggie football. We're known for bad news and losing recruits, not the other way around. Tony Jones just blogged that as of now, Filimoeatu hasn't decided yet. Tony isn't always accurate though.

BigPermAg

Post by BigPermAg » January 26th, 2011, 12:02 pm

James Choy posted on the Scout Football Forum that he had committed to us. James is a blogger at the JC in Cali and brought us the news and updates about Matt Austin WR from the same JC. Idunno.

Bondar4Aggies

Post by Bondar4Aggies » January 26th, 2011, 12:48 pm

Bojay posted on his Facebook wall that he made his decision and he's going to be an Aggie. Hopefully he's as good as advertised!

Chatman

Post by Chatman » January 26th, 2011, 1:08 pm

Bondar4Aggies wrote:Bojay posted on his Facebook wall that he made his decision and he's going to be an Aggie. Hopefully he's as good as advertised!

"YEA ITS TRUE.. GOING HOME.. UTAH ST.. COMMITTED.. STRESS FREE.. CATCH ME UP NORTH.. NO REGRETS." Bojay

aggieblood

Post by aggieblood » January 26th, 2011, 1:54 pm

Welcome aboard Bojay and all of the other recruits that have committed. You will not be disappointed! I am excited for signing day, spring ball, and I can't wait for the Auburn game. This could be a very special signing class. Awesome job GA!

Go Aggies!

HeadHunter

Post by HeadHunter » January 26th, 2011, 4:26 pm

ShowMeAggie wrote:
everyone was too busy staring at your avatar to write back; then they had to wipe the drool (? ;) ) off their keyboards and by then the inclination to respond had waned.

i can't speak for everyone, but if you keep bringing good information like that and keep that avatar, we'd like you to post much, much more frequently. (and if you keep the avatar, it won't even matter what kind of information you bring! ;) )

Well thanks for the approval Showme. Im kind of weird, i have this condition were i really like victoria secret models in bikini's. So im glad im not alone

Back to the the recruiting, i also heard that things have gone so well the last two weeks that we have had to cancel some visits for the upcoming weeks. It's a good sign becasuse these were the guys the coaches really thought can have a big impact from day one. Then again coaches say that about every recruit

ryanolsen

Post by ryanolsen » January 26th, 2011, 6:49 pm

I was wondering if we'd have to cancel some visits. It seems we're closing in on our 25 scholy's pretty quickly and it looks like 7 of them are already on campus. We've got 17 other commits we know of. That only leaves 1. I expect there may be a couple of sign and sends and probably a couple more grey shirts but, we've got a couple of grey shirts from last years class showing up now too. I'd be surprised if we had 5 scholy's left. Maybe it's a good thing most of the high school guys didn't come in for the game last week. We might have had 35 commits at this point.

usubobcat

Post by usubobcat » January 26th, 2011, 7:48 pm

ryanolsen wrote:I was wondering if we'd have to cancel some visits. It seems we're closing in on our 25 scholy's pretty quickly and it looks like 7 of them are already on campus. We've got 17 other commits we know of. That only leaves 1. I expect there may be a couple of sign and sends and probably a couple more grey shirts but, we've got a couple of grey shirts from last years class showing up now too. I'd be surprised if we had 5 scholy's left. Maybe it's a good thing most of the high school guys didn't come in for the game last week. We might have had 35 commits at this point.
What a problem to have!!! Go Gary!! :rock:

Classic Blunders:
1) Getting involved in a land war in Asia
2) Going in against a Sicilian when death is on the line

Blue Away

cancelling visits

Post by Blue Away » January 26th, 2011, 7:52 pm

is a great problem to have as a carry over story floating through the high school ranks next fall. Join the Aggie rise through the ranks, but verbal a bit early or they might not have a spot for you. Boy, that sounds encouragingly competitive for Aggie football in the future.

Seldomseensmith

Post by Seldomseensmith » January 26th, 2011, 8:07 pm

I'm pretty sure that Austin Albrecht and Jordan Hicks are sign and send. Don't know about any of the other HS commits. I'm also not sure how the signed mid year transfers count.

JasonJensen

Post by JasonJensen » January 26th, 2011, 8:19 pm

So who else could we possibly have coming? I hear we have some that are coming this weekend but it seems like a full house. That's a lot of scholarships to take care of.

superaggie

Post by superaggie » January 26th, 2011, 9:26 pm

sign and sends do not count towards the 25. we still have room to keep recruiting

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » January 26th, 2011, 9:43 pm

Don't forget though, we still have to award scholarships to the 2 confirmed greyshirts in Jordunn Mattinson and Parker Hausknect.

AGGIEFIGHT

Post by AGGIEFIGHT » January 26th, 2011, 9:55 pm

aggies22 wrote:Don't forget though, we still have to award scholarships to the 2 confirmed greyshirts in Jordunn Mattinson and Parker Hausknect.
and Fisilau and Keller

dyedblue

Post by dyedblue » January 26th, 2011, 9:56 pm

The best sign of our recruiting prowess: I can't even say half of their names.

“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » January 26th, 2011, 10:01 pm

AGGIEFIGHT wrote:
aggies22 wrote:Don't forget though, we still have to award scholarships to the 2 confirmed greyshirts in Jordunn Mattinson and Parker Hausknect.
and Fisilau and Keller
I wouldn't think that Keller is a greyshirt is he? Didn't he just return from a mission? I would just group him in with the rest of the new recruits. Also from anything I have read Fisilau has never been mentioned as finally coming in. Did I miss something? I hope he has decided to join the team. Maybe you could shed a little more light on this for me please?

AGGIEFIGHT

Post by AGGIEFIGHT » January 27th, 2011, 11:39 am

I was mentioning their names because they will take up one of this years initial schollys

3rdGenAggie
Pick'em Champ - '16 Kickoff

Post by 3rdGenAggie » January 27th, 2011, 11:45 am

Will Bojay play linebacker or DE for us?

"I have no idea what I'm doing, but I know I'm doing it really, really well." -Andy Dwyer

BearLakeMonster

Post by BearLakeMonster » January 27th, 2011, 12:33 pm

I can't remember (or be arsed to look up) who is officially supposed to play what, but I'd like to see Kevin Whimpey and Piukala at DE, if they've got some speed for a pass rush.

Bojay is listed as a line recruit, but if he can play backer, I say put him and Wagner in the middle to wreak havoc.

"The evil I can tolerate. But the stupidity... Just knowing we're in the same genus makes me embarrassed to call myself homo!"

3rdGenAggie
Pick'em Champ - '16 Kickoff

Post by 3rdGenAggie » January 27th, 2011, 12:49 pm

Looks like he'll be a linebacker. http://news.hjnews.com/sports/article_1 ... 002e0.html That'll be nice to have such a big guy playing linebacker. With him, Wagner and Gallagher that's a pretty mean set of backers. :rock:

"I have no idea what I'm doing, but I know I'm doing it really, really well." -Andy Dwyer

Locked Previous topicNext topic