UVU took advantage of some of our fans

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
GameFAQSAggie

UVU took advantage of some of our fans

Post by GameFAQSAggie » December 19th, 2010, 9:21 pm

I was able to get in with a free employee ticket thanks to ProvoAggie, but for those Aggie fans that weren't, they were taken advantage of.

At their ticket office, they had two types of windows. There were a few labeled "USU ticket sales" and a few labeled "UVU ticket sales". I wondered why, maybe it was so USU fans would have to wait in a long line(with how many fans we would bring) while UVU's few fans would be able to go right to the front and not have to wait behind our's.

Then when I was inside, I found out why they did that. They were selling the tickets for $5 to UVU fans at those windows, $10 to USU fans at those windows.

Although it didn't even affect me, and the ticket price is the least of fans' concerns with the cost of gas and $10 is still pretty cheap, looking at the principle of the thing, it does seem pretty tacky to have one price for opposing fans and another price for home fans.

When Utah, Boise and BYU come to Romney, their fans complain that we take advantage of them by raising the prices for those games and lowering them for other games, but to our credit, at least we make Aggie fans pay the same price that we make them pay.
Last edited by GameFAQSAggie on December 19th, 2010, 9:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

rAggie

Re: UVU took advantage of some of our fans

Post by rAggie » December 19th, 2010, 9:27 pm

A classic case of first-degree price discrimination!

Showing my True Colors since 2022

AgriAggie
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by AgriAggie » December 19th, 2010, 10:07 pm

They also took advantage of our fans by coming up with little to no original chants or signs, they copied the bulk of it from USU. Look at this photo gallery and count how many things you see with them that you saw first at the Spectrum. http://www.cachevalleydaily.com/news/lo ... &img=0&c=y
Also, I heard the Utah Reject chant to Morgan Grim, also started by us towards NMSU's Justin Hawkins. There was probably more, but that is what I noticed.

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » December 19th, 2010, 10:31 pm

But one thing they don't have is someone like Bill.

N3lyak

Post by N3lyak » December 20th, 2010, 4:01 pm

AgriAggie wrote:They also took advantage of our fans by coming up with little to no original chants or signs, they copied the bulk of it from USU. Look at this photo gallery and count how many things you see with them that you saw first at the Spectrum. http://www.cachevalleydaily.com/news/lo ... &img=0&c=y
Also, I heard the Utah Reject chant to Morgan Grim, also started by us towards NMSU's Justin Hawkins. There was probably more, but that is what I noticed.
Almost every one of our chants is copied from other schools, so I don't think there is any need to complain about another school copying what we do.

Madmartigan

Post by Madmartigan » December 20th, 2010, 8:06 pm

ChesterButtons wrote:
AgriAggie wrote:They also took advantage of our fans by coming up with little to no original chants or signs, they copied the bulk of it from USU. Look at this photo gallery and count how many things you see with them that you saw first at the Spectrum. http://www.cachevalleydaily.com/news/lo ... &img=0&c=y
Almost every one of our chants is copied from other schools, so I don't think there is any need to complain about another school copying what we do.
Us copying a cheer from Duke/Ohio or any other team we will never play is one thing, but to have an IN STATE team copy your cheer-that is very lame.

AGGIEFIGHT

Post by AGGIEFIGHT » December 20th, 2010, 8:30 pm

GameFAQSAggie wrote:But one thing they don't have is someone like Bill.
or a super aggie GameFAQSAggie a.k.a. Jeff

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » December 20th, 2010, 9:45 pm

Another cheer that they don't dare copy is "Give Up" cause they don't have a team that they can safely tell opponents to "give up" when playing them.
[youtube][/youtube]

AggieAthletics

Post by AggieAthletics » December 20th, 2010, 11:35 pm

"You know what? Imitation is the most sincer form of flatterty, so I thank you."

[youtube][/youtube]

BigBlueDart
Pick'em Champ - '17 FB Predict the Score

Post by BigBlueDart » December 21st, 2010, 8:28 am

Well, I really only saw one sign that was a blatant copy and one other sign that was pretty lame. While any Aggie worth his salt would be offended by the Newbold/Rogaine sign, that's actually why it was a good one. You also have to credit them for having hot cheerleaders. Even the male cheerleaders were "pretty" :lol: . There was one pic of a curly haired girl (kinda cute) holding up what I think was a green glow stick, but when I first saw it I thought "Did she just find out she's pregnant?" And the Greenman drummers was kind of a cool idea, too.

If UVU ever stopped sucking and they actually got some fans I could see this developing into a great rivalry over time.

USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

Post by USU78 » December 21st, 2010, 9:10 am

AggieAthletics wrote:

"You know what? Imitation is the most sincer form of flatterty, so I think you."

[youtube][/youtube]
They're cute when they're that age, aren't they?

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos » December 21st, 2010, 3:46 pm

I was completely hornswoggled by UVU... I paid $10 bucks a ticket!!! Good thing it was totally worth it!!

Locked Previous topicNext topic