International soccer is the last sport you can count on keeping players

Big Blue's House is intended for general sports talk, sharing ideas, announcements, etc.
Gidbob

International soccer is the last sport you can count on keeping players

Post by Gidbob » March 25th, 2024, 6:40 pm

I posted this back in April of last year, but unfortunately I can't bump it. But most of our players will leave us with Sprinkle gone, and I wanted to point out the international soccer is where this doesn't happen. Sure there's dual national recruiting battles you'll sometimes lose, but once a player is yours that's it. I'll never have to see Christian Pulisic play for another national team. The team is made up of players who are all US citizens. For the men the vast majority of their money doesn't come from the national team, and while I'm sure some guys are there for the extra cash or prestige of playing in international competition, it feels more like they are there for the team since it moves the needle on that stuff way less than their clubs, especially in relation to injury risk. The downside is that there aren't many games, but following the guys with their clubs gives me a ton of games that are interesting to watch, but I don't feel too disappointed if I don't. But man I really appreciate that I won't see them suiting up for other national teams in the future and that was the point of this post. Also, the USA beat Mexico 2-0 last night, so I get to have one sports result to be happy about.
These users thanked the author Gidbob for the post:
flying_scotsman2.0