2024 Volleyball Schedule

Big Blue's House is intended for general sports talk, sharing ideas, announcements, etc.
ToastedFlakes52

2024 Volleyball Schedule

Post by ToastedFlakes52 » March 7th, 2024, 5:24 pm

https://utahstateaggies.com/sports/wome ... edule/2024

Got released today. We get to host Cal and Purdue back to back days the first weekend of September. Hopefully they can keep the momentum from the last couple years rolling!

SpectrumMagic

Re: 2024 Volleyball Schedule

Post by SpectrumMagic » March 7th, 2024, 6:20 pm

Any idea how what expectations are or what to expect from this team full of newcomers and being pretty young?

Volleyball has done a nice job of getting some good opponents in Logan and plays a good schedule

Aggiefan33

Post by Aggiefan33 » March 8th, 2024, 8:12 am

With Rob I expect this team to be ready to play. I will expect them to improve and fight. As for the W/L, not sure. But the leadership that this staff has, and the track record, I expect to be good.

I think the locker room will come together more this year than last year. So hopefully that helps. But they may have a bit of a void with leadership voices.
These users thanked the author Aggiefan33 for the post:
SpectrumMagic

The harder you work, the harder it is to Surrender. - Men's Basketball locker room

AGinNEIowa
Pick'em Champ - '15, '16, '17 WTHCG

Post by AGinNEIowa » March 8th, 2024, 9:02 am

DAMN! Nothing east of WY/CSU/AFA
Maybe the next year has a return match against P in Indiana?

EngineeringAggie

Post by EngineeringAggie » March 8th, 2024, 9:47 am

Aggiefan33 wrote:
March 8th, 2024, 8:12 am
With Rob I expect this team to be ready to play. I will expect them to improve and fight. As for the W/L, not sure. But the leadership that this staff has, and the track record, I expect to be good.

I think the locker room will come together more this year than last year. So hopefully that helps. But they may have a bit of a void with leadership voices.
Are past the point of having to worry about Rob getting poached? Did we sign him to a big extension or something? I thought people were saying that he was as good as gone this off season.

shoresy
Has thanked: 0

Post by shoresy » March 8th, 2024, 12:13 pm

That’s an extremely difficult schedule. Love that Rob is willing to test his teams OOC.

Aggiefan33

Post by Aggiefan33 » March 8th, 2024, 1:18 pm

EngineeringAggie wrote:
March 8th, 2024, 9:47 am
Aggiefan33 wrote:

Are past the point of having to worry about Rob getting poached? Did we sign him to a big extension or something? I thought people were saying that he was as good as gone this off season.
I can't say for sure. I do not know the guy enough to say what will or will not get him to jump ship to a bigger payday/program. I do think he is a Utah guy, and knows that from his time with the USA team, that bigger is not always better. But that is my hunch.
I can say other programs have called, and they have been turned down.
These users thanked the author Aggiefan33 for the post (total 2):
EngineeringAggiecdaAg

The harder you work, the harder it is to Surrender. - Men's Basketball locker room

ToastedFlakes52

Post by ToastedFlakes52 » March 8th, 2024, 3:39 pm

Aggiefan33 wrote:
March 8th, 2024, 1:18 pm
EngineeringAggie wrote:
March 8th, 2024, 9:47 am
Aggiefan33 wrote:

I can't say for sure. I do not know the guy enough to say what will or will not get him to jump ship to a bigger payday/program. I do think he is a Utah guy, and knows that from his time with the USA team, that bigger is not always better. But that is my hunch.
I can say other programs have called, and they have been turned down.
I think we need to get Rob and Danny in the same room so Rob can give him his "Where the Sagebrush Grows" talk ASAP
These users thanked the author ToastedFlakes52 for the post (total 2):
EngineeringAggieAggiefan33

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic