prime time

Big Blue's House is intended for general sports talk, sharing ideas, announcements, etc.
tipitup
Pick'em Champ - '18 WTHCG

prime time

Post by tipitup » December 5th, 2022, 8:47 am

just wow!! crazy first team meeting. He's coming!!

so what does it mean? He's proven that he can get recruits, he's proven that he can get the NILs, he's going to get high star athletes. will it work? not sure, but don't bet against him!

AggieFBObsession

Re: prime time

Post by AggieFBObsession » December 5th, 2022, 8:53 am

tipitup wrote:
December 5th, 2022, 8:47 am
just wow!! crazy first team meeting. He's coming!!

so what does it mean? He's proven that he can get recruits, he's proven that he can get the NILs, he's going to get high star athletes. will it work? not sure, but don't bet against him!
Utah is going to have some competition if he can handle game management and xs and os. Coaching at this level is entirely different

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » December 5th, 2022, 9:04 am

I love it. You can hear why he wins. Step up or get out. I would love Aggie football to be Smart, Tough, Fast, Discipline, With Character.

Kevincurtisforlife

Post by Kevincurtisforlife » December 5th, 2022, 10:29 am

I love this! I wonder how many of his players are going with him??

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » December 5th, 2022, 10:33 am

He's already pulled in a 5* wide receiver.

TrueAG

Post by TrueAG » December 5th, 2022, 10:36 am

My prediction is it works really well and Colorado has a meteoric rise and then has an equally Meteoric fall. Guys like this sound great at first and then just gets annoying and get tuned out.

WAAggie

Post by WAAggie » December 5th, 2022, 10:57 am

I was quite enthralled watching this. I'm coming. Will be interesting to watch.

Hoot

Post by Hoot » December 5th, 2022, 11:07 am

NVAggie wrote:
December 5th, 2022, 9:04 am
I love it. You can hear why he wins. Step up or get out. I would love Aggie football to be Smart, Tough, Fast, Discipline, With Character.
I’m not sure we’re currently any of those things.

“My hypocrisy goes only so far.”

tipitup

Post by tipitup » December 5th, 2022, 11:08 am

who in that room is there to make an argument for staying? the team was 1-11.

FeartheFro

Post by FeartheFro » December 5th, 2022, 4:45 pm

I will say this, if University of Colorado Football was available as a stock, I would be buying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author FeartheFro for the post:
aggies22

QuackAttackAggie
Pick'em Champ - '12, '22 Bowl; '15, '17 Weekly; '18 BB Predict the Score; '22 Kickoff

Post by QuackAttackAggie » December 5th, 2022, 9:34 pm

FeartheFro wrote:I will say this, if University of Colorado Football was available as a stock, I would be buying.

I'd buy because it would be cheap, but I expect this to go very badly.

slcagg

Post by slcagg » December 5th, 2022, 9:45 pm

QuackAttackAggie wrote:
December 5th, 2022, 9:34 pm
FeartheFro wrote:I will say this, if University of Colorado Football was available as a stock, I would be buying.

I’ve seen that sentiment from alot of folks of prime time moved to p5. Why do people think that?

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » December 5th, 2022, 10:34 pm

Second stop on his way to Florida State.

Eutaw St. Aggie

QuackAttackAggie
Pick'em Champ - '12, '22 Bowl; '15, '17 Weekly; '18 BB Predict the Score; '22 Kickoff

Post by QuackAttackAggie » December 6th, 2022, 8:34 am

slcagg wrote:
December 5th, 2022, 9:45 pm
QuackAttackAggie wrote:

I’ve seen that sentiment from alot of folks of prime time moved to p5. Why do people think that?
I don't think he has the institution building skills required to run a program at a P5 school. I think his success at the HBCU level was personality driven, where getting a few great recruits are enough to make a difference. He was running 4 and 5 star players against 2 stars. At colorado, he will be competing against teams who routinely get 4 and 5 star players and use them as depth. Also, one of his major selling points was to come make an HBCU great. He no longer has that argument. Colorado also has strict academic requirements for a public school (positive and negative here, depending on the recruit).

Overall, I think he is successful based off his name and personality. I'm not sure that will carry over to all of the administrative parts of being a college coach in the way that Herm Edwards was a great NFL coach but couldn't handle basic tasks at ASU.
These users thanked the author QuackAttackAggie for the post:
AGinNEIowa

bwcrc

Post by bwcrc » December 6th, 2022, 10:03 am

QuackAttackAggie wrote:
December 6th, 2022, 8:34 am
slcagg wrote:
QuackAttackAggie wrote:

I don't think he has the institution building skills required to run a program at a P5 school. I think his success at the HBCU level was personality driven, where getting a few great recruits are enough to make a difference. He was running 4 and 5 star players against 2 stars. At colorado, he will be competing against teams who routinely get 4 and 5 star players and use them as depth. Also, one of his major selling points was to come make an HBCU great. He no longer has that argument. Colorado also has strict academic requirements for a public school (positive and negative here, depending on the recruit).

Overall, I think he is successful based off his name and personality. I'm not sure that will carry over to all of the administrative parts of being a college coach in the way that Herm Edwards was a great NFL coach but couldn't handle basic tasks at ASU.
There is really only upside here since the program can't really fall more than it already has so there is no harm in giving him a shot. At worst, there is flash improvement but no real turnaround. But if he turns things around and can sustain some success for a couple of years then I would expect bigger programs to come calling. At that point it would be interesting to see if he sticks around or bails for more money.

QuackAttackAggie

Post by QuackAttackAggie » December 6th, 2022, 10:05 am

bwcrc wrote:
December 6th, 2022, 10:03 am
QuackAttackAggie wrote:
December 6th, 2022, 8:34 am
slcagg wrote:
QuackAttackAggie wrote:

There is really only upside here since the program can't really fall more than it already has so there is no harm in giving him a shot. At worst, there is flash improvement but no real turnaround. But if he turns things around and can sustain some success for a couple of years then I would expect bigger programs to come calling. At that point it would be interesting to see if he sticks around or bails for more money.
I agree that they aren't going to get worse, unless they get some sanctions or something crazy.

3rdGenAggie
Pick'em Champ - '16 Kickoff

Post by 3rdGenAggie » December 6th, 2022, 10:07 am

The downside is that they don't have the money to pay him, but are planning on him bringing in a lot of money so they can...per the AD. If he's bad, it sounds like they're going to have a hard time firing him.

"I have no idea what I'm doing, but I know I'm doing it really, really well." -Andy Dwyer

FeartheFro

Post by FeartheFro » December 6th, 2022, 11:11 am

Obviously no one knows how he will do, but if there’s anyone that can talk the talk and walk the walk, it is Prime. I know if I had a son that was a high recruit, I would love for him to play for Coach Prime. Is he cocky, yes, will he demand a lot from his players and hold them accountable? Yes. Will he win, I hope so. I like that he shot straight with the Colorado players and did not blow anole up their (I can't express myself without swearing). It also says a lot to me that his son wants to play for him. That’s not always the case.

tipitup

Post by tipitup » December 8th, 2022, 11:23 am

The more I hear from deion, the more i like him, he is a strait shooter, at least in front of the cameras, also he is all about accountability. this is an interesting exit sit down. wow! really cool

These users thanked the author tipitup for the post:
aggies22

flying_scotsman2.0

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » December 8th, 2022, 12:03 pm

Honestly, what saddens me most is the lost marketing opportunities to expand his brand. Imagine:

1. A children’s book, Dr. Seuss style, titled “What is Deion doing?” And every other page could says, “I’m coming” every kid in Colorado would have to have one.

2. A cooking show with Deion as chef. Imagine the merchandise opportunities… sell some Deion Mustard or a Prime Thyme apron.

3. “Hit the transfer portal” bumper stickers.

This guy is a walking gold mine.
These users thanked the author flying_scotsman2.0 for the post:
aggies22

El Sapo

Post by El Sapo » December 19th, 2022, 4:59 pm

Prime is a recruiter, not a coach. I give him 2 years max at Colorado before he leaves to "spend more time with his family."

Noticed he wore a headset on the sideline in the bowl game this weekend, but never seemed to use it. Likely a prop.

918AGG

Post by 918AGG » December 19th, 2022, 5:03 pm

I'm excited for Deion and this opportunity, and I hope he kicks some (I can't express myself without swearing).

I couldn't care less about what people think about what he should be doing or what he owes to whom. Get out there, market yourself, recruit well, coach well, get some wins, and it won't matter.

All of this talk will look cheap if he's in and out in a few years, but I hope he does well.
Last edited by 918AGG on December 19th, 2022, 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Live every week like it’s Shark Week! :thumbsup:

GeoAg

Post by GeoAg » December 19th, 2022, 5:04 pm

El Sapo wrote:
December 19th, 2022, 4:59 pm
Prime is a recruiter, not a coach. I give him 2 years max at Colorado before he leaves to "spend more time with his family."

Noticed he wore a headset on the sideline in the bowl game this weekend, but never seemed to use it. Likely a prop.
I think you're wrong. We'll see. The guy had an image he created, but always put the work in as a player.

"You guys have sacrificed in ways you've never sacrificed before. You've given more. You expect more...Tonight is our opportunity to write the story of who this family, who this program, who this team will be" -Coach Blake Anderson

Locked Previous topicNext topic