And please not another Kermit the Hall type trying to turn us into a liberal arts college

Big Blue's House is intended for general sports talk, sharing ideas, announcements, etc.
BeNo

And please not another Kermit the Hall type trying to turn us into a liberal arts college

Post by BeNo » November 22nd, 2022, 5:53 pm

last thing we need in this world is more ba degrees :puke:

calaggie

Re: And please not another Kermit the Hall type trying to turn us into a liberal arts college

Post by calaggie » November 23rd, 2022, 9:39 am

Yeah! I hope the new president just shuts down Arts, CHaS and Education. Damn waste of money! All of ‘em!
These users thanked the author calaggie for the post (total 2):
AgMan21AGinNEIowa

CedarAg

Re: And please not another Kermit the Hall type trying to turn us into a liberal arts college

Post by CedarAg » November 24th, 2022, 2:09 pm

Stan finally had it right. How did it go. Sports is not the most important thing on campus but it is what everyone sees you by. That's not right, help me out here.

But basically you have to have good sports programs to make the rest of the university grow and build respect. Just look at Boise.
IF they:
Glen L. Taggart (1968–1979)
Stanford Cazier (1979–1992)
George H. Emert (1992–2000)
could have had the vision that Albrecht had we would have been as big as BYU and Utah, just my opinion. :cry:
These users thanked the author CedarAg for the post:
USU78

Roll Aggies!!!!

USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

Post by USU78 » November 24th, 2022, 3:03 pm

CedarAg wrote:
November 24th, 2022, 2:09 pm
Stan finally had it right. How did it go. Sports is not the most important thing on campus but it is what everyone sees you by. That's not right, help me out here.

But basically you have to have good sports programs to make the rest of the university grow and build respect. Just look at Boise.
IF they:
could have had the vision that Albrecht had we would have been as big as BYU and Utah, just my opinion. :cry:
Taggart at least worked seriously on the academic side of things, bringing the Kellogg folks to Logan, while not having very much to say about athletics.

The other two were empty chairs, as I view things.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

swordsman1989

Post by swordsman1989 » November 26th, 2022, 5:23 pm

CedarAg wrote:
November 24th, 2022, 2:09 pm

IF they:
I think Emert did have have a high profile vision for USU athletics. In fact his vision and dreams of turning USU into the "Auburn of the west", a phrase uttered frequently at the beginning of his tenure, ruffled quite a few feathers at USU as there was a not insignificant push by some faculty to kill the football program. Remember, at the time, USU was in the Big West Conference, and killing football was modus operandi of the Big West at the time, with Fullerton, Long Beach, and Pacific all killing the football programs. I honestly think Emert actually saved USU football with his desire to have a higher profile program. After two decades of administrations that didn't care about football, there was not a lot of support among the faculty when Emert arrived.
These users thanked the author swordsman1989 for the post:
NavyBlue

GordoAggie

Post by GordoAggie » November 26th, 2022, 8:32 pm

A bunch of faculty members called him “Touchdown “ George Emert. He had champagne tastes and we had less than a beer budget back then

bwcrc

Post by bwcrc » November 27th, 2022, 7:42 am

GordoAggie wrote:
November 26th, 2022, 8:32 pm
A bunch of faculty members called him “Touchdown “ George Emert. He had champagne tastes and we had less than a beer budget back then
But it was sure a nice conference table he bought.
These users thanked the author bwcrc for the post (total 2):
USU78ShowMeAggie

GordoAggie

Post by GordoAggie » November 27th, 2022, 8:29 am

bwcrc wrote:
November 27th, 2022, 7:42 am
GordoAggie wrote:
November 26th, 2022, 8:32 pm
But it was sure a nice conference table he bought.
Haha! I had forgotten about the whole table incident! Good times back in the day!

blueblood

Post by blueblood » November 27th, 2022, 8:50 am

I always thought his name was King George.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Locked Previous topicNext topic