USU Leadership

Big Blue's House is intended for general sports talk, sharing ideas, announcements, etc.
ShowMeAggie

USU Leadership

Post by ShowMeAggie » November 22nd, 2022, 10:42 am

Just got an email announcing that Noelle Cockett will step down as USU president effective July 1, 2023. Wow. Sounds like she is not "retiring", mind you. But rather stepping away from administration. I assume this has to be related to all the lawsuits and such? I wonder what this will mean for USU athletics? An objective analysis might suggest that USU reduce its emphasis on sports and instead focus on, say student safety, integrity, equality, etc? I hope we decide we can have our cake and eat it too, as it were. INterested in your thoughts...

Edit: just noticed this was posted earlier by Jimbo (through rAggie?) in the Football Forum. My bad to not catch that earlier. Mods, feel free to merge this thread with that one. I put mine here because I thought it impacted all sports not just football, but wherever is okay...thx
These users thanked the author ShowMeAggie for the post:
USU78

AggiesForever
Pick'em Champ - '15 Kickoff

Re: USU Leadership

Post by AggiesForever » November 22nd, 2022, 10:57 am

I think this means she is probably worn out and ready to do something else. The usual term for a university president, nationally, is about 7 years. Some go longer and some less. But I don't believe it is fruitful to try and read into why this has occurred, other than to say that she has had enough, and will be returning to her lab and professorship full-time next July.

Congratulations to her on an excellent term as President.

Locked Previous topicNext topic