Noelle Cockett resigning

Big Blue's House is intended for general sports talk, sharing ideas, announcements, etc.
WasatchAggie

Re: Noelle Cockett resigning

Post by WasatchAggie » November 23rd, 2022, 7:39 am

^^^^^
Agreed. I would only add that sometimes you need an outsider. Someone who is not beholden to anyone or any group so that the hard decisions can be made.

BeNo

Post by BeNo » November 23rd, 2022, 7:48 am

how about we hire someone that will treat a rape allegation seriously and not snuff it out through bureaucratic delay.

Madmartigan

Post by Madmartigan » November 23rd, 2022, 7:59 am

WasatchAggie wrote:
November 23rd, 2022, 7:39 am
^^^^^
Agreed. I would only add that sometimes you need an outsider. Someone who is not beholden to anyone or any group so that the hard decisions can be made.
Not to tell you your business, but you can always quote someone instead of using arrows to point at their posts. You do you, but it might be easier.

Blue Sage

Post by Blue Sage » November 23rd, 2022, 8:23 am

I know this is an unpopular take and I hate to be the bearer of boring news and to reveal that Game of Thrones is just a TV show (confirmed on Wikipedia) but seriously folks my sources who in this case are pretty darn good without revealing them say that Noelle leaving has nothing to do about anything other than her term is coming up and that she is ready to move on after accomplishing her initiatives successfully. BTW I haven't been a massive fan of hers but that's not from any of this. This is a normal time in the term of a University President for said President to submit a resignation with long notice. No pressure from above etc. Nothing more nothing less. Also, there is no impending additional domino to fall. Additionally, Laub is nothing less than an incredible donor who has helped breathe life into the program that we support and only deserves our gratitude and thanks. All is good in Aggie Land other than Coach A needs our prayers and support as he is still healing from very difficult personal matters which we are all sadly aware of. Now can we get back to celebrating a team that after going 1-4 just went 5-6 to earn a bowl game and now has a fighting chance in Boise land and a very bright future? Sometimes handling success means to stop placing so much importance on the keeping up with perceived external signs that you have achieved it and celebrating and pursuing the small victories that keep you there. Go Aggies! #thisismyteam
These users thanked the author Blue Sage for the post:
vegasaggie

#hornsup!

Hoot

Post by Hoot » November 23rd, 2022, 8:45 am

Blue Sage wrote:
November 23rd, 2022, 8:23 am
I know this is an unpopular take and I hate to be the bearer of boring news and to reveal that Game of Thrones is just a TV show (confirmed on Wikipedia) but seriously folks my sources who in this case are pretty darn good without revealing them say that Noelle leaving has nothing to do about anything other than her term is coming up and that she is ready to move on after accomplishing her initiatives successfully. BTW I haven't been a massive fan of hers but that's not from any of this. This is a normal time in the term of a University President for said President to submit a resignation with long notice. No pressure from above etc. Nothing more nothing less. Also, there is no impending additional domino to fall. Additionally, Laub is nothing less than an incredible donor who has helped breathe life into the program that we support and only deserves our gratitude and thanks. All is good in Aggie Land other than Coach A needs our prayers and support as he is still healing from very difficult personal matters which we are all sadly aware of. Now can we get back to celebrating a team that after going 1-4 just went 5-6 to earn a bowl game and now has a fighting chance in Boise land and a very bright future? Sometimes handling success means to stop placing so much importance on the keeping up with perceived external signs that you have achieved it and celebrating and pursuing the small victories that keep you there. Go Aggies! #thisismyteam
It was just pure coincidence that she resigned amid lawsuits and controversies.

People often don’t realize that Watergate had nothing to do with Nixon resigning. The dude just didn’t want to be president anymore.
These users thanked the author Hoot for the post:
AggieGrad2021

“My hypocrisy goes only so far.”

NavyBlueAggie

Post by NavyBlueAggie » November 23rd, 2022, 9:23 am

YoungBloodAggie wrote:
November 22nd, 2022, 11:05 am
AggiesForever wrote:
November 22nd, 2022, 11:01 am
I think this means she is probably worn out and ready to do something else. The usual term for a university president, nationally, is about 7 years. Some go longer and some less. But I don't believe it is fruitful to try and "read into" why this has occurred, other than to say that she has probably achieved her goals and has had enough. I think she will be very happy to return to her lab and professorship full-time next July.

Congratulations to her on an excellent term as USU President.

Noelle? John? Certainly one of the Cocketts is running the AggiesForever account

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong. A F is one of our ardent AGGIE boosters.

rAggie

Post by rAggie » November 23rd, 2022, 9:34 pm

Hoot wrote:
November 23rd, 2022, 8:45 am

People often don’t realize that Watergate had nothing to do with Nixon resigning. The dude just didn’t want to be president anymore.
What on earth are you talking about? People often don’t realize that because that’s not true.

Showing my True Colors since 2022

Hoot

Post by Hoot » November 23rd, 2022, 9:35 pm

rAggie wrote:
November 23rd, 2022, 9:34 pm
Hoot wrote:

What on earth are you talking about? People often don’t realize that because that’s not true.
You’re a neutron star.

rAggie

Post by rAggie » November 23rd, 2022, 9:54 pm

Hoot wrote:
November 23rd, 2022, 9:35 pm
rAggie wrote:
Hoot wrote:

You’re a neutron star.
Sorry guy I don’t detect sarcasm after 9 pm 😓
These users thanked the author rAggie for the post:
USU78

Showing my True Colors since 2022

Hoot

Post by Hoot » November 23rd, 2022, 9:56 pm

rAggie wrote:
November 23rd, 2022, 9:54 pm
Hoot wrote:
November 23rd, 2022, 9:35 pm
rAggie wrote:
Hoot wrote:

You’re a neutron star.
Sorry guy I don’t detect sarcasm after 9 pm 😓
Understandable. I take it back, you’re just a star.
These users thanked the author Hoot for the post:
rAggie

Locked Previous topicNext topic