USU Women's Bball

Big Blue's House is intended for general sports talk, sharing ideas, announcements, etc.
Aggie_Watch

Re: USU Women's Bball

Post by Aggie_Watch » March 7th, 2024, 8:58 am

SpectrumMagic wrote:
March 7th, 2024, 8:26 am
Yes the Ard years have seen new lows for women’s BASKETBALL but this thread makes it seem like women’s basketball has actually been good at one point. It’s always been bad. That doesn’t excuse Ard at all but this thread wants to buy her out and also increase Sprinkle’s pay and charter flights and increase assistant salaries

We aren’t flush with cash have to have priorities and choices.
So your message to the players would be, “you are not that important, we don’t care about your experience.”
These users thanked the author Aggie_Watch for the post (total 2):
ViAggienelsentheaggie

USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

Post by USU78 » March 7th, 2024, 9:11 am

Just before the NCAA annexed women's sports, usually had dominant, nationally ranked volleyball, basketball, and softball teams, with a handful of national championship appearances.

Wasn't always this abysmal.
These users thanked the author USU78 for the post:
aggies22

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

tipitup
Pick'em Champ - '18 WTHCG

Post by tipitup » March 7th, 2024, 9:44 am

I know that peabley's record doesn't show a lot, but i seem to recall she did a good job here. to say wbb has never been good here is a slap, to say it hasn't been good recently now that makes sense.
These users thanked the author tipitup for the post:
ViAggie

shoresy
Has thanked: 0

Post by shoresy » March 7th, 2024, 10:00 am

SpectrumMagic wrote:
Yes the Ard years have seen new lows for women’s BASKETBALL but this thread makes it seem like women’s basketball has actually been good at one point. It’s always been bad. That doesn’t excuse Ard at all but this thread wants to buy her out and also increase Sprinkle’s pay and charter flights and increase assistant salaries

While it's true that we haven't had a ton of success in women's basketball, there's truly ZERO excuse for it. None, other than blatant incompetence and an overwhelming lack of give a damn by any of our previous administrators to actually make that program good.

Manny and Rob and Danny have shown how quickly you can turn a program around here in Logan, and UNLV has shown how quickly you can take a program from not very good to a national powerhouse in a short amount of time.

We're going to find out very soon if Diana Sabau is an AD who cares about women's sports, or just another AD who is fine with pushing that god awful program into the corner.
These users thanked the author shoresy for the post:
ViAggie

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » March 7th, 2024, 1:46 pm

tipitup wrote:
March 7th, 2024, 9:44 am
I know that peabley's record doesn't show a lot, but i seem to recall she did a good job here. to say wbb has never been good here is a slap, to say it hasn't been good recently now that makes sense.
She was a good coach, it was sad to see her go, especially to a rival WAC/MWC foe. Fink was a terrible hire for many reasons.

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

SpectrumMagic

Post by SpectrumMagic » March 7th, 2024, 1:52 pm

Aggie_Watch wrote:
March 7th, 2024, 8:58 am
SpectrumMagic wrote:

So your message to the players would be, “you are not that important, we don’t care about your experience.”
No. My message simply is/was between everything you hear about football and now basketball to compete these days you have to have strong NIL along with rapidly rising coaching salaries and other perks (charter, athlete benefits, facilities etc) and that when the prevalent thread recently was deep pockets coming for Sprinkle and how our high performing men’s basketball team can’t keep a coach more than 1-2 years because we can’t pay enough or have enough perks/NIL that we then have to utilize resources that USU is just not as flush with as others to get rid of a coach.

Someone performing this bad at their job should certainly be fired. I am amazed she with her resume was able to get this long of a deal is beyond me as well. I do feel bad for the student athletes as it doesn’t seem like a great environment as many have quit. Fair or not if football or basketball had a coach performing like this there is no way in hell they make it this far into their contract but things aren’t always fair

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » March 7th, 2024, 2:10 pm

SpectrumMagic wrote:
March 7th, 2024, 1:52 pm
Aggie_Watch wrote:
SpectrumMagic wrote:

No. My message simply is/was between everything you hear about football and now basketball to compete these days you have to have strong NIL along with rapidly rising coaching salaries and other perks (charter, athlete benefits, facilities etc) and that when the prevalent thread recently was deep pockets coming for Sprinkle and how our high performing men’s basketball team can’t keep a coach more than 1-2 years because we can’t pay enough or have enough perks/NIL that we then have to utilize resources that USU is just not as flush with as others to get rid of a coach.

Someone performing this bad at their job should certainly be fired. I am amazed she with her resume was able to get this long of a deal is beyond me as well. I do feel bad for the student athletes as it doesn’t seem like a great environment as many have quit. Fair or not if football or basketball had a coach performing like this there is no way in hell they make it this far into their contract but things aren’t always fair
Brent guy wasn't much better and lasted 4 years on a 5 year deal

shoresy

Post by shoresy » March 7th, 2024, 2:36 pm

SpectrumMagic wrote:
Aggie_Watch wrote:
SpectrumMagic wrote:

I hear ya. And I know it's probably an unpopular opinion, but I believe that our female athletes deserve to be put in a position where they can be successful. They currently are not.
These users thanked the author shoresy for the post (total 4):
ViAggienelsentheaggieHootaggies22

nelsentheaggie

Post by nelsentheaggie » March 7th, 2024, 4:39 pm

shoresy wrote:
March 7th, 2024, 2:36 pm
SpectrumMagic wrote:
Aggie_Watch wrote:
SpectrumMagic wrote:

I hear ya. And I know it's probably an unpopular opinion, but I believe that our female athletes deserve to be put in a position where they can be successful. They currently are not.
Particularly when other women's sports HAVE had success here. And are currently. It’s worth investing in female athletes.

Hoot

Post by Hoot » March 7th, 2024, 6:10 pm

shoresy wrote:
SpectrumMagic wrote:
Aggie_Watch wrote:
SpectrumMagic wrote:

Is that an unpopular opinion?

“My hypocrisy goes only so far.”

Bullnamed_gus

Post by Bullnamed_gus » March 7th, 2024, 9:11 pm

shoresy wrote:
SpectrumMagic wrote:
Aggie_Watch wrote:
SpectrumMagic wrote:

Being out the checkbook buddy

shoresy

Post by shoresy » March 7th, 2024, 9:41 pm

Hoot wrote:
March 7th, 2024, 6:10 pm
shoresy wrote:
SpectrumMagic wrote:
Aggie_Watch wrote:
SpectrumMagic wrote:

Is that an unpopular opinion?
When posting a statement like that elicits a response like Gus's, yes, I do think it's an unpopular opinion. Many in our fanbase don't seem to give a damn about the Aggies unless it's the men's basketball or football teams.

Aggie_Watch

Post by Aggie_Watch » March 7th, 2024, 11:22 pm

Looks like the mistreatment of the players continues.

shoresy

Post by shoresy » March 7th, 2024, 11:38 pm

Aggie_Watch wrote:
March 7th, 2024, 11:22 pm
I hear ya, but I'm not going to take much from a post by @goblue63_lisa

nelsentheaggie

Post by nelsentheaggie » March 8th, 2024, 5:18 am

Aggie_Watch wrote:
March 7th, 2024, 11:22 pm
Interesting. Not sure how much of a rando’s word I’d take as authentic. But I’ll say that I think the roster and staff turnover over Kayla’s tenure speaks for itself.
These users thanked the author nelsentheaggie for the post:
ViAggie

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » March 8th, 2024, 8:33 am

if a poster on a social media fan site back in the late 90's before social media was really a thing, can get a D1 FB coach who lost to ybu by 1 point fired after his second year on the job, you'd think we should be able to get our Women's BB coach fired on the spot by now. :noidea:

Hoot

Post by Hoot » March 8th, 2024, 9:32 am

ViAggie wrote:
March 8th, 2024, 8:33 am
if a poster on a social media fan site back in the late 90's before social media was really a thing, can get a D1 FB coach who lost to ybu by 1 point fired after his second year on the job, you'd think we should be able to get our Women's BB coach fired on the spot by now. :noidea:
What coach was this?

“My hypocrisy goes only so far.”

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » March 8th, 2024, 9:46 am

ViAggie wrote:
Aardz last game is on Sunday. Just give it 48 hours
These users thanked the author Aggie formerly in Hawaii for the post:
ViAggie

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » March 8th, 2024, 9:57 am

I think the record speaks for itself. Ard will be heading to ULM to be their new Women's Hoops coach after Sunday.

QuackAttackAggie
Pick'em Champ - '12, '22 Bowl; '15, '17 Weekly; '18 BB Predict the Score; '22 Kickoff

Post by QuackAttackAggie » March 8th, 2024, 10:18 am

Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
March 8th, 2024, 9:46 am
ViAggie wrote:
so who will coach the team the rest of the week on our MWC title run?
These users thanked the author QuackAttackAggie for the post (total 2):
Aggie formerly in HawaiiViAggie

lostaggiefan

Post by lostaggiefan » March 8th, 2024, 10:23 am

From what I've heard, it's been a pretty toxic environment for far longer than just this season. But unfortunately, "being a terrible person" doesn't automatically qualify as legal grounds for dismissal.

As for the actual timing of her firing, her contract states that each year goes through April 15th. No idea if that means USU will have to wait until then to give a formal declaration that she's gone or if they'll be able to announce it on the radio broadcast as the buzzer sounds in Vegas.

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » March 8th, 2024, 10:31 am

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » March 8th, 2024, 10:34 am

QuackAttackAggie wrote:
March 8th, 2024, 10:18 am
ViAggie wrote:
Ben finkbeiner
These users thanked the author Aggie formerly in Hawaii for the post (total 2):
ViAggienelsentheaggie

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » March 8th, 2024, 6:56 pm

March 8th, 2024, 10:34 am
QuackAttackAggie wrote:
March 8th, 2024, 10:18 am
ViAggie wrote:
Ben finkbeiner
Haha you so funny
These users thanked the author ViAggie for the post:
Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Aggie1984

Post by Aggie1984 » March 10th, 2024, 1:47 pm

I am shocked coach Ard did not win coach of the year 😂

LKGates

Post by LKGates » March 10th, 2024, 7:43 pm

Ard delenda est.
These users thanked the author LKGates for the post:
USU78

Freelance adventurer and international man of mystery.

lostaggiefan

Post by lostaggiefan » March 10th, 2024, 9:57 pm

lostaggiefan wrote:
March 8th, 2024, 10:23 am
From what I've heard, it's been a pretty toxic environment for far longer than just this season. But unfortunately, "being a terrible person" doesn't automatically qualify as legal grounds for dismissal.

As for the actual timing of her firing, her contract states that each year goes through April 15th. No idea if that means USU will have to wait until then to give a formal declaration that she's gone or if they'll be able to announce it on the radio broadcast as the buzzer sounds in Vegas.
It might be quick.

LarryTheAggie

Post by LarryTheAggie » March 10th, 2024, 10:00 pm

So the game is over. Is she fired yet?

3rdGenAggie
Pick'em Champ - '16 Kickoff

Post by 3rdGenAggie » March 10th, 2024, 10:08 pm

Yes.

These users thanked the author 3rdGenAggie for the post:
Aggie formerly in Hawaii

"I have no idea what I'm doing, but I know I'm doing it really, really well." -Andy Dwyer

lostaggiefan

Post by lostaggiefan » March 10th, 2024, 10:11 pm

3rdGenAggie wrote:
March 10th, 2024, 10:08 pm
Yes.

Our long national nightmare is over.

lostaggiefan

Post by lostaggiefan » March 10th, 2024, 10:11 pm

3rdGenAggie wrote:
March 10th, 2024, 10:08 pm
Yes.

Our long national nightmare is over.

Aggie_Watch

Post by Aggie_Watch » March 10th, 2024, 10:12 pm

LarryTheAggie wrote:
March 10th, 2024, 10:00 pm
So the game is over. Is she fired yet?
She stated she would not be coaching next year in her post game interview today. Told the reporters that would be the last question and got up and walked off.

Bullnamed_gus

Post by Bullnamed_gus » March 10th, 2024, 10:19 pm

Hopefully they found a for cause argument because Ard already robbed our school of too much money

Aggie_Watch

Post by Aggie_Watch » March 10th, 2024, 10:22 pm

Will we be looking for a new golf coach too?

Aggie1984

Post by Aggie1984 » March 10th, 2024, 10:23 pm

Karma IYKYK

Locked Previous topicNext topic