USU Women's Bball

Big Blue's House is intended for general sports talk, sharing ideas, announcements, etc.
Aggie_Watch

Re: USU Women's Bball

Post by Aggie_Watch » March 12th, 2024, 3:02 pm

Hoot wrote:
March 12th, 2024, 2:55 pm
Aggie_Watch wrote:
March 12th, 2024, 12:02 pm
Random guy on Twitter saying it? I agree because it fits by narrative.
Look at the tweet by Wendy Falslev. Her daughter Kensley played on the team. She says in her tweet, her daughter gave up the sport due to Kayla's abusive behavior. She also says in another tweet, she has stayed silent far too long about kayla's behavior.

Hoot

Post by Hoot » March 12th, 2024, 3:07 pm

Aggie_Watch wrote:
March 12th, 2024, 3:02 pm
Hoot wrote:
Aggie_Watch wrote:
Look at the tweet by Wendy Falslev. Her daughter Kensley played on the team. She says in her tweet, her daughter gave up the sport due to Kayla's abusive behavior. She also says in another tweet, she has stayed silent far too long about kayla's behavior.
I agree I was just saying it in a strange way. Because I’m a strange guy. Wanna hangout sometime? I know an old dam by a dried up reservoir. You can throw things off the top and watch them go BOOM!

“My hypocrisy goes only so far.”

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » March 12th, 2024, 10:44 pm

Crazy reading the comments on the last IG page for the women's basketball team. People are really bothered by the press conference and attacking the ad. This whole thing is weird. Ard was treated very fairly by usu.
Last edited by Aggie formerly in Hawaii on March 13th, 2024, 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author Aggie formerly in Hawaii for the post:
nelsentheaggie

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » March 13th, 2024, 6:25 am

Aggie_Watch wrote:
Hoot wrote:
Aggie_Watch wrote:
Kinley. I believe she married Matt Wickizer.

rAggie

Post by rAggie » March 13th, 2024, 9:56 am

Anyone defending the AD gets aggressively accused of being "Diana's burner account" ... it makes me think that Kayla and her friends are in the social media mix trying to fuel the persecution complex.

Showing my True Colors since 2022

nelsentheaggie

Post by nelsentheaggie » March 13th, 2024, 10:21 am

rAggie wrote:
March 13th, 2024, 9:56 am
Anyone defending the AD gets aggressively accused of being "Diana's burner account" ... it makes me think that Kayla and her friends are in the social media mix trying to fuel the persecution complex.
I’ve seen that too…it’s weird. I don’t want to jump to conclusions but it does feel like her way of addressing it in the press conference, while not outright disrespectful, allowed the narrative of what happened to become to this twisted- and I’m not sure that upsets her.

Aggies1888

Post by Aggies1888 » March 13th, 2024, 10:49 am

nelsentheaggie wrote:
March 13th, 2024, 10:21 am
rAggie wrote:
I’ve seen that too…it’s weird. I don’t want to jump to conclusions but it does feel like her way of addressing it in the press conference, while not outright disrespectful, allowed the narrative of what happened to become to this twisted- and I’m not sure that upsets her.
If they are trying to push that narrative out there, I'm not sure they've thought it all the way through. Based on what's been shared on this forum alone, if half of its true, she and her people ought to be more concerned about that getting out. Keep pushing the narrative, eventually one of these internet social justice warriors will pick up on the other half of the story...

Aggie_Watch

Post by Aggie_Watch » March 13th, 2024, 4:33 pm

Just when you think the Kayla Saga is dying down. Kayla makes all her social media platform public now and put a message out, trying to garner more sympathy and support 😂😂😂😂
These users thanked the author Aggie_Watch for the post:
Aggie formerly in Hawaii

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » March 13th, 2024, 5:25 pm

If I had social medias I would tell her don't the door hitcha were the good l'ard splitcha!

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » March 13th, 2024, 5:57 pm

Aggie_Watch wrote:
March 13th, 2024, 4:33 pm
Just when you think the Kayla Saga is dying down. Kayla makes all her social media platform public now and put a message out, trying to garner more sympathy and support 😂😂😂😂
Those comments on there are wild. Who would have thought Kayla ard getting fired would have gained her an army of fans that feel sympathetic towards her because of a brief press conference? Funny since if what former players have said are true she is the opposite of what her new fanbase thinks she is.

nelsentheaggie

Post by nelsentheaggie » March 13th, 2024, 6:39 pm

Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
March 13th, 2024, 5:57 pm
Aggie_Watch wrote:
Those comments on there are wild. Who would have thought Kayla ard getting fired would have gained her an army of fans that feel sympathetic towards her because of a brief press conference? Funny since if what former players have said are true she is the opposite of what her new fanbase thinks she is.
Well. I think she may have wanted this….there are some crazy people out there. Like without knowing literally anything about what went on behind the scenes (and I’ve now seen 2-3 parents on Twitter making comments about the toxic environment)…24-90 doesn’t cut it. I would get fired if I were that bad at my job, whether I was the nicest or meanest person in the office. It’s indefensible and yet….

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » March 13th, 2024, 7:20 pm

nelsentheaggie wrote:
March 13th, 2024, 6:39 pm
March 13th, 2024, 5:57 pm
Aggie_Watch wrote:
Well. I think she may have wanted this….there are some crazy people out there. Like without knowing literally anything about what went on behind the scenes (and I’ve now seen 2-3 parents on Twitter making comments about the toxic environment)…24-90 doesn’t cut it. I would get fired if I were that bad at my job, whether I was the nicest or meanest person in the office. It’s indefensible and yet….
Yep it is just people who saw a brief moment that moved them and wanted to latch onto something with no facts involved

StanfordAggie

Post by StanfordAggie » March 13th, 2024, 7:25 pm

rAggie wrote:
And remember how many new accounts that had never posted on this site before mysteriously came into this thread to tell us how awesome Ard is? It would be interesting to know how many of the Ard defenders on social media had the same IP address.
These users thanked the author StanfordAggie for the post:
ViAggie

Aggie1984

Post by Aggie1984 » March 13th, 2024, 7:28 pm

StanfordAggie wrote:
March 13th, 2024, 7:25 pm
rAggie wrote:
And remember how many new accounts that had never posted on this site before mysteriously came into this thread to tell us how awesome Ard is? It would be interesting to know how many of the Ard defenders on social media had the same IP address.
is it too soon to ask Kayla for her Aggie gear?😂
These users thanked the author Aggie1984 for the post:
ViAggie

tysteve20

Post by tysteve20 » March 14th, 2024, 11:05 am

Hoot wrote:
March 12th, 2024, 3:07 pm
Aggie_Watch wrote:
Hoot wrote:
Aggie_Watch wrote:
I agree I was just saying it in a strange way. Because I’m a strange guy. Wanna hangout sometime? I know an old dam by a dried up reservoir. You can throw things off the top and watch them go BOOM!

These users thanked the author tysteve20 for the post:
Hoot

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » March 14th, 2024, 11:08 am

tysteve20 wrote:
March 14th, 2024, 11:05 am
Hoot wrote:
March 12th, 2024, 3:07 pm
Aggie_Watch wrote:
Hoot wrote:
Aggie_Watch wrote:

How about 3rd dam?
These users thanked the author Aggie formerly in Hawaii for the post:
ViAggie

nelsentheaggie

Post by nelsentheaggie » March 14th, 2024, 4:22 pm

Justin Hutson did his press conference, announced his time at Fresno State was up. The social media warriors all up in arms about Kayla “having” to do a press conference after being fired probably won’t call this one out as him being wronged by the university….just saying.
These users thanked the author nelsentheaggie for the post (total 4):
LarryTheAggieViAggieGidbobtrevordude

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » March 14th, 2024, 10:16 pm

nelsentheaggie wrote:
March 14th, 2024, 4:22 pm
Justin Hutson did his press conference, announced his time at Fresno State was up. The social media warriors all up in arms about Kayla “having” to do a press conference after being fired probably won’t call this one out as him being wronged by the university….just saying.
Btw I called this during the game LOL just letting you all know LOL ViAg w/the Bull Dog scoop :lol: Oh wait... :puke:

nelsentheaggie

Post by nelsentheaggie » March 15th, 2024, 9:25 am

ViAggie wrote:
March 14th, 2024, 10:16 pm
nelsentheaggie wrote:
Btw I called this during the game LOL just letting you all know LOL ViAg w/the Bull Dog scoop :lol: Oh wait... :puke:

The fact that multiple other coaches…not just Huston but Jerod Haase at Stanford and Hopkins at UW have done press conferences after their firing…but Kayla’s was made into a big deal because they “made her”‘do it is just absurd. The university did not mishandle this, Kayla did.
These users thanked the author nelsentheaggie for the post:
ViAggie

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » March 15th, 2024, 1:25 pm

nelsentheaggie wrote:
March 15th, 2024, 9:25 am
ViAggie wrote:
nelsentheaggie wrote:

The fact that multiple other coaches…not just Huston but Jerod Haase at Stanford and Hopkins at UW have done press conferences after their firing…but Kayla’s was made into a big deal because they “made her”‘do it is just absurd. The university did not mishandle this, Kayla did.
Hopkins you maybe could argue was handled differently, but the other 2 were the exact same thing. It was a slow news day

StanfordAggie

Post by StanfordAggie » March 15th, 2024, 4:36 pm

March 15th, 2024, 1:25 pm
nelsentheaggie wrote:
ViAggie wrote:
nelsentheaggie wrote:

Hopkins you maybe could argue was handled differently, but the other 2 were the exact same thing. It was a slow news day
I think it had less do with a slow news day and more to do with BJ Rains wanting to take a shot at USU. He strongly implied that USU fired Ard right before she walked up to the podium. I'm guessing most people retweeted it based on Rains' caption without even listening to the video.
These users thanked the author StanfordAggie for the post:
aggies22

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » March 15th, 2024, 4:53 pm

StanfordAggie wrote:
March 15th, 2024, 4:36 pm
nelsentheaggie wrote:
ViAggie wrote:
nelsentheaggie wrote:

I think it had less do with a slow news day and more to do with BJ Rains wanting to take a shot at USU. He strongly implied that USU fired Ard right before she walked up to the podium. I'm guessing most people retweeted it based on Rains' caption without even listening to the video.
If it happened today there is a ton of college basketball stories with all the games being played that it wouldn't get nearly the attention.

shoresy
Has thanked: 0

Post by shoresy » March 15th, 2024, 6:11 pm

StanfordAggie wrote:
March 15th, 2024, 4:36 pm
nelsentheaggie wrote:
ViAggie wrote:
nelsentheaggie wrote:

Again, they did. But that's not unheard of nor was it the big deal people made of it. And it certainly wasn't undeserved.

Aggie_Watch

Post by Aggie_Watch » March 16th, 2024, 9:23 pm

I was reading comment on WBB Instagram. Does anyone know who that Doug guy is on Instagram? He seems abnormally defensive of Kayla.

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » March 20th, 2024, 2:44 pm

Aggie_Watch wrote:
March 16th, 2024, 9:23 pm
I was reading comment on WBB Instagram. Does anyone know who that Doug guy is on Instagram? He seems abnormally defensive of Kayla.
Maybe a family member. Definitely a passionate defender of ard haha. Have any players from last year's team publicly said anything about the firing and what the season was like?

Aggie_Watch

Post by Aggie_Watch » March 20th, 2024, 8:48 pm

March 20th, 2024, 2:44 pm
Aggie_Watch wrote:
March 16th, 2024, 9:23 pm
Maybe a family member. Definitely a passionate defender of ard haha. Have any players from last year's team publicly said anything about the firing and what the season was like?
I have not heard of any players who have publicly said anything about the firing. I also have not heard any of the players defending Ard, either.

blueblood

Post by blueblood » March 20th, 2024, 9:01 pm

It will be interesting to see how it plays out in hiring the new coach. It would be great if we can have some success on the women's side. Admin's is this the largest thread ever on the side yet?
These users thanked the author blueblood for the post:
ViAggie

shoresy

Post by shoresy » March 22nd, 2024, 10:53 am

According to this site, we have three players currently in the portal. Tiairra Hill-Brown, Bridget Mullings and Macy Smith. I've heard of a fourth, but it must not be official quite yet.

https://www.thenexthoops.com/features/2 ... untainWest
These users thanked the author shoresy for the post:
greggers1868

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » March 25th, 2024, 4:59 pm

hopefully, we'll get an HC who can bring their team with them and have immediate success (and then leave us a year later for a B1G school that'll write us a fat check on the way out).

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » March 25th, 2024, 5:04 pm

man, speaking of the TP, what's up with New Mexico and Fresno State? The entire team from each roster has to be in there!

greggers1868

Post by greggers1868 » March 25th, 2024, 5:26 pm

shoresy wrote:
March 22nd, 2024, 10:53 am
According to this site, we have three players currently in the portal. Tiairra Hill-Brown, Bridget Mullings and Macy Smith. I've heard of a fourth, but it must not be official quite yet.

This is usually the person I follow for women’s basketball transfer portal news. On Twitter he’s @raoul
He’s a pretty good follow of you care about this sort of thing

https://wbbblog.com/womens-basketball-t ... 023-24/12/

Aggie1984

Post by Aggie1984 » March 25th, 2024, 5:48 pm

greggers1868 wrote:
March 25th, 2024, 5:26 pm
shoresy wrote:

This is usually the person I follow for women’s basketball transfer portal news. On Twitter he’s @raoul

Raoul also shows they have two new players coming in. Not sure how many openings they have remaining. I would think a new coach will need to let some players go if they are going to be successful.
These users thanked the author Aggie1984 for the post:
greggers1868

shoresy

Post by shoresy » March 26th, 2024, 10:25 am

greggers1868 wrote:
March 25th, 2024, 5:26 pm
shoresy wrote:

Thanks for the tip, I've checked that site a few times before.

I do hope the AD is showing urgency with this hire and not letting the fact that the men's job just opened delay anything. It feels very important to get a new HC in here quickly to start making contacts in the portal while there is still talent there.
These users thanked the author shoresy for the post:
greggers1868

rAggie

Post by rAggie » March 27th, 2024, 5:04 pm

I'm worried that between Diana's family issue right now and the men's search, this hire is taking a back seat, and that makes me very sad.
These users thanked the author rAggie for the post:
ViAggie

Showing my True Colors since 2022

shoresy

Post by shoresy » March 27th, 2024, 5:55 pm

rAggie wrote:
March 27th, 2024, 5:04 pm
I'm worried that between Diana's family issue right now and the men's search, this hire is taking a back seat, and that makes me very sad.
Par for the course for this program for its entire existence. Nobody gives a sh*t about Utah State women's basketball because nobody in the administration gives a sh*t about Utah State women's basketball.

I understand Diana has other things going on in her life, and that is tragic, but she has many capable people around her who could run this search if she is not able.

Locked Previous topicNext topic