This is a Surprise

Big Blue's House is intended for general sports talk, sharing ideas, announcements, etc.
USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

This is a Surprise

Post by USU78 » November 9th, 2022, 2:25 pm

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

flying_scotsman2.0

Re: This is a Surprise

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » November 9th, 2022, 5:33 pm

Imagine losing to a team that shouldn’t be anywhere near your level! That’s gotta be embarrassing!!

These users thanked the author flying_scotsman2.0 for the post:
USU78

Kevincurtisforlife

Post by Kevincurtisforlife » November 10th, 2022, 7:25 am

This thread is confusing. You guys do realize Utah Tech is not only FCS now but in SUU’s conference, right? Also, that was their second time playing each other this season. SUU won the first game in Cedar City.

USU78

Post by USU78 » November 10th, 2022, 7:40 am

Kevincurtisforlife wrote:
November 10th, 2022, 7:25 am
This thread is confusing. You guys do realize Utah Tech is not only FCS now but in SUU’s conference, right? Also, that was their second time playing each other this season. SUU won the first game in Cedar City.
The first time anything happens is historic. By definition that's surprising.

flying_scotsman2.0

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » November 10th, 2022, 7:31 pm

I honestly forgot about that. They're both in the WAC now, right? SUU was CRAZY for leaving the Big Sky (that's where they were before, right?). Dixie will be better than SUU in short order. St. George is a much nicer town to live in, and the growth there is pretty impressive. Cedar City is kind of a hole. There are some nice parts, no offense to my fellow Aggies from Cedar City, but St. George is a REALLY nice town.

Hoot

Post by Hoot » November 11th, 2022, 11:33 am

flying_scotsman2.0 wrote:
November 10th, 2022, 7:31 pm
I honestly forgot about that. They're both in the WAC now, right? SUU was CRAZY for leaving the Big Sky (that's where they were before, right?). Dixie will be better than SUU in short order. St. George is a much nicer town to live in, and the growth there is pretty impressive. Cedar City is kind of a hole. There are some nice parts, no offense to my fellow Aggies from Cedar City, but St. George is a REALLY nice town.
BUT St. George was never mentioned in a Johnny Cash song so which is really better?

“My hypocrisy goes only so far.”

flying_scotsman2.0

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » November 11th, 2022, 12:21 pm

Hoot wrote:
November 11th, 2022, 11:33 am
BUT St. George was never mentioned in a Johnny Cash song so which is really better?
I didn't realize Cedar City was... If that's the case, then I might have to delete my post :lol:

Kevincurtisforlife

Post by Kevincurtisforlife » November 11th, 2022, 12:59 pm

USU78 wrote:
November 10th, 2022, 7:40 am
What happened for the first time?

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » November 11th, 2022, 1:51 pm

Hoot wrote:
November 11th, 2022, 11:33 am
Yeah, but so is Winnemucca....
These users thanked the author Yossarian for the post:
sam tingey

Eutaw St. Aggie

USU78

Post by USU78 » November 11th, 2022, 3:20 pm

November 11th, 2022, 12:59 pm
USU78 wrote:
Dixie Tech beat an in state FCS team. That's a huge deal an a real feather in their cap.

Kevincurtisforlife

Post by Kevincurtisforlife » November 11th, 2022, 5:08 pm

USU78 wrote:
November 11th, 2022, 3:20 pm
November 11th, 2022, 12:59 pm
USU78 wrote:
Dixie Tech beat an in state FCS team. That's a huge deal an a real feather in their cap.
Idk. When that team has averaged less than two victories a year over the past half decade and you’re now in their same conference it is pretty cool but not all that surprising imo.

CedarAg

Post by CedarAg » November 13th, 2022, 11:47 am

I wish everyone shared your view on Cedar

Roll Aggies!!!!

flying_scotsman2.0

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » November 13th, 2022, 12:22 pm

CedarAg wrote:
November 13th, 2022, 11:47 am
Sorry friend, it’s just my view from the freeway. And I’m afraid a lot of people share my view, because that’s the view most people get. I have friends who went to school at SUU and others who grew up there and they seem to have loved it.

They have some solid Mexican food and cedar canyon is super cool.
These users thanked the author flying_scotsman2.0 for the post:
Kevincurtisforlife

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » November 13th, 2022, 3:08 pm

November 13th, 2022, 12:22 pm
CedarAg wrote:
Sorry friend, it’s just my view from the freeway. And I’m afraid a lot of people share my view, because that’s the view most people get. I have friends who went to school at SUU and others who grew up there and they seem to have loved it.

I have to agree that Cedar is not that bad. As a Southern Utah boy myself, the mountains east of Cedar City from Zion to Fish lake and the surrounding area were my playground. You can do a lot worse than that.

Eutaw St. Aggie

CedarAg

Post by CedarAg » November 13th, 2022, 7:58 pm

November 13th, 2022, 12:22 pm
CedarAg wrote:

I’m good
I really mean that I hope less people move to Cedar
I like small towns with a university and good people
Cedar does that for me
These users thanked the author CedarAg for the post (total 2):
flying_scotsman2.0aggies22

Roll Aggies!!!!

Locked Previous topicNext topic