Locker 42 website (what the actual #*%@#$?)

Big Blue's House is intended for general sports talk, sharing ideas, announcements, etc.
Imakeitrain
Posts: 11139
Joined: March 11th, 2011, 9:12 pm
Has thanked: 531 times
Been thanked: 1072 times

Re: Locker 42 website (what the actual #*%@#$?)

Post by Imakeitrain » September 22nd, 2022, 6:23 pm

What I’m hearing is that there is a market for a real Aggie to open up shop and kick locker 42’s butt.

A bunch of apparel, some seasonal goods, and a few pieces of memorabilia (game worn jerseys, footballs, etc). Add a premium for some items to be signed (providing a portion of the signed gear to be NIL income).

If I had the free cash, retail experience and was willing to move back to the cold- I’d do it myself.

The demand is there for a better caliber of Aggie gear.



User avatar
sam tingey
Pick'em Champ - '13, '16 FB Predict the Score; '17, '18 Bowl
Posts: 3219
Joined: October 2nd, 2012, 8:40 am
Has thanked: 1488 times
Been thanked: 686 times

Re: Locker 42 website (what the actual #*%@#$?)

Post by sam tingey » September 23rd, 2022, 8:18 am

Imakeitrain wrote:
September 22nd, 2022, 6:23 pm
What I’m hearing is that there is a market for a real Aggie to open up shop and kick locker 42’s butt.

A bunch of apparel, some seasonal goods, and a few pieces of memorabilia (game worn jerseys, footballs, etc). Add a premium for some items to be signed (providing a portion of the signed gear to be NIL income).

If I had the free cash, retail experience and was willing to move back to the cold- I’d do it myself.

The demand is there for a better caliber of Aggie gear.
but do you really need a physical space? couldn't you do this all digitally? You wouldn't have to move back to the "not as cold anymore" Cache Valley if that were the case.
These users thanked the author sam tingey for the post:
AggiePT



aggieborn
Posts: 242
Joined: December 30th, 2021, 7:49 pm
Has thanked: 306 times
Been thanked: 191 times

Re: Locker 42 website (what the actual #*%@#$?)

Post by aggieborn » September 23rd, 2022, 4:21 pm

The owner of Locker 42 is definitely a real Aggie. But the website thing is weird.



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 15419
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 14873 times
Been thanked: 9183 times
Contact:

Re: Locker 42 website (what the actual #*%@#$?)

Post by aggies22 » September 23rd, 2022, 4:28 pm

aggieborn wrote:
September 23rd, 2022, 4:21 pm
The owner of Locker 42 is definitely a real Aggie. But the website thing is weird.
I think they know that beyond Wal-Mart they have the market cornered on Aggie gear and that is why you often get the "I don't give a damn if you shop here or not" attitude.



User avatar
GUS
Posts: 3242
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 11:04 am
Has thanked: 226 times
Been thanked: 445 times

Re: Locker 42 website (what the actual #*%@#$?)

Post by GUS » September 23rd, 2022, 5:47 pm

aggieborn wrote:
September 23rd, 2022, 4:21 pm
The owner of Locker 42 is definitely a real Aggie. But the website thing is weird.
I can verify this.



Imakeitrain
Posts: 11139
Joined: March 11th, 2011, 9:12 pm
Has thanked: 531 times
Been thanked: 1072 times

Re: Locker 42 website (what the actual #*%@#$?)

Post by Imakeitrain » September 23rd, 2022, 8:18 pm

sam tingey wrote:
September 23rd, 2022, 8:18 am
Imakeitrain wrote:
September 22nd, 2022, 6:23 pm
What I’m hearing is that there is a market for a real Aggie to open up shop and kick locker 42’s butt.

A bunch of apparel, some seasonal goods, and a few pieces of memorabilia (game worn jerseys, footballs, etc). Add a premium for some items to be signed (providing a portion of the signed gear to be NIL income).

If I had the free cash, retail experience and was willing to move back to the cold- I’d do it myself.

The demand is there for a better caliber of Aggie gear.
but do you really need a physical space? couldn't you do this all digitally? You wouldn't have to move back to the "not as cold anymore" Cache Valley if that were the case.
I think it’d be hard to stand out online only.

In town someone can really stand out and be close to the biggest customer base.
These users thanked the author Imakeitrain for the post:
sam tingey



Ag4life
Posts: 127
Joined: January 24th, 2011, 10:50 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 53 times

Re: Locker 42 website (what the actual #*%@#$?)

Post by Ag4life » September 23rd, 2022, 10:13 pm

Has anyone bothered to call and speak to the manager and ask them? The site had been up for years and now it's not. My guess is the sales platform they are using no longer is working and they have to change. Given the state of their previous site, maybe they're changing platforms? I can't imagine there's just some bug and they don't know about it.

For years, Locker42 carried apparel and the campus store didn't have much. There are definitely options now at the campus store but in regards to hats, Locker42 is a better option and will always be the first place I check.

I just find it funny so many getting up in arms with pitchforks at a company pretty much dedicated to provide options for USU gear and apparel.



User avatar
ViAggie
Posts: 20429
Joined: June 16th, 2011, 6:49 pm
Location: Temecula, California
Has thanked: 3219 times
Been thanked: 1534 times

Re: Locker 42 website (what the actual #*%@#$?)

Post by ViAggie » September 26th, 2022, 12:31 pm

They have a twitter page... I see their last tweet was almost a year ago.
These users thanked the author ViAggie for the post:
aggies22


Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

User avatar
Hoot
Posts: 1163
Joined: August 16th, 2021, 4:59 pm
Has thanked: 402 times
Been thanked: 498 times

Re: Locker 42 website (what the actual #*%@#$?)

Post by Hoot » September 26th, 2022, 1:03 pm

ViAggie wrote:
September 26th, 2022, 12:31 pm
They have a twitter page... I see their last tweet was almost a year ago.
Their social media manager is Kyle Goon.
These users thanked the author Hoot for the post (total 4):
NVAggiesam tingeyViAggieaggies22


“Don’t go into the long grass!”

User avatar
BigBlueDart
Pick'em Champ - '17 FB Predict the Score
Posts: 8866
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 7:57 am
Location: Syracuse, UT
Has thanked: 199 times
Been thanked: 811 times

Re: Locker 42 website (what the actual #*%@#$?)

Post by BigBlueDart » September 26th, 2022, 1:33 pm

Hoot wrote:
September 26th, 2022, 1:03 pm
ViAggie wrote:
September 26th, 2022, 12:31 pm
They have a twitter page... I see their last tweet was almost a year ago.
Their social media manager is Kyle Goon.
https://www.hiyoooo.com/
These users thanked the author BigBlueDart for the post:
Hoot



User avatar
murg_nation
Posts: 16
Joined: April 12th, 2012, 10:42 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Locker 42 website (what the actual #*%@#$?)

Post by murg_nation » September 29th, 2022, 10:41 am

I do believe that they are changing platforms, unfortunately things tend to get pushed to the side and forgotten. I have heard thru the grapevine... that they have hired someone that will solely be an online sales employee. So hopefully the site returns to its former glory. I worked there during GA 1.0 and website sales were insane.
These users thanked the author murg_nation for the post:
ViAggie


Image

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic