Locker 42 website (what the actual #*%@#$?)

Big Blue's House is intended for general sports talk, sharing ideas, announcements, etc.
ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » September 5th, 2022, 6:30 pm

advertises nothing for sale. WTF? :headscratch: Nothing for sale, NADA, no merch, no Aggie gear, not even a key chain or something? Are they still even in business?

http://www.locker42.com/
Last edited by ViAggie on September 5th, 2022, 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author ViAggie for the post (total 2):
aggies22Yossarian

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

BustaMcNutt

Re: Locker 42 website (what the actual #*%@#$?)

Post by BustaMcNutt » September 5th, 2022, 6:34 pm

I went to the one on the North end of town before the 1st game. Minimal selection. One choice of white t-shirt. Half the store had nothing on the walls. Said they were putting Cache Valley high school gear on that wall. They’ve really gone downhill. Sad to see.
These users thanked the author BustaMcNutt for the post (total 2):
ViAggieaggies22

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » September 5th, 2022, 9:02 pm

I don’t think they can compete with the campus store.

What would be good is an Aggie memorabilia store.

Buy up some game worn jerseys, authentic reproductions jerseys, signed game balls, autograph balls (the ones w/white), game balls, warm up gear, etc. help players get some NIL and offer something that differentiates your products from the campus store. Smaller selection higher margin.

I just think most people will either order online or would be willing to go on campus for a bigger selection.

Sad because locker42 had cool stuff but it’s hard to keep up and they’ve been behind a long time especially in their online selection. I really liked them when I didn’t like the white out or blackout “official shirts”

Their “custom” stuff was a huge miss. No need for custom Aggie button downs. If I want one I’ll just get the normal one, but I couldn’t wear a massive logo when I went into work- she wouldn’t wear a button down in neatly any other circumstance.

But if you’re dropping your kid off on campus for her freshman year & you want to get her and the rest of your kids some Aggie gear I think most will go to the campus store. The valley is too small for that.
Last edited by Imakeitrain on September 6th, 2022, 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author Imakeitrain for the post:
aggies22

dirtnsnow

Post by dirtnsnow » September 5th, 2022, 9:30 pm

Imakeitrain wrote:
September 5th, 2022, 9:02 pm

Buy up some game worn jerseys, authentic reproductions jerseys, signed balls autograph balls, game balls, warm up gear, etc. help players get some NIL and offer something that differentiates your products from the campus store. Smaller selection higher margin.

I just think most people will either order online or would be willing to go on campus for a bigger selection.

Sad because locker42 had cool stuff but it’s hard to keep up and they’ve been behind a long time especially in their online selection. I really liked them when I didn’t like the white out or blackout “official shirts”

Their “custom” stuff was a huge miss. No need for custom Aggie button downs. If I want one I’ll just get the normal one, but I couldn’t wear a massive logo when I went into work- she wouldn’t wear a button down in neatly any other circumstance.

But if you’re dropping your kid off on campus for her freshman year & you want to get her and the rest of your kids some Aggie gear I think most will go to the campus store. The valley is too small for that.
The valley may be too small, but the internet isn't. I'm not a huge fan of the campus store selection, and would love to buy some of the stuff I've seen on locker 42's Facebook page. However, I have no way to do that, as I live 500 miles away, and can't just drop in on my way home from work. Judging from this thread, as well as a few comments on their Facebook posts, I'm not the only one that wants more selection.
These users thanked the author dirtnsnow for the post (total 3):
ProvoAggieImakeitrainaggies22

Aggies All the Way!

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » September 5th, 2022, 9:38 pm

Locker 42 thinks too small. The website has always been half-assed unfortunately. They've never included their full selection of products. They've done a few renditions where they post a small handful of products and then wonder why things don't sell well enough. There were plenty of times I found products in store I wanted when I was in Logan but could never find stuff I wanted online. It's a shame really.
These users thanked the author ProvoAggie for the post (total 2):
aggies22trevordude

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » September 5th, 2022, 10:04 pm

dirtnsnow wrote:
September 5th, 2022, 9:30 pm
Imakeitrain wrote:

Buy up some game worn jerseys, authentic reproductions jerseys, signed balls autograph balls, game balls, warm up gear, etc. help players get some NIL and offer something that differentiates your products from the campus store. Smaller selection higher margin.

The valley may be too small, but the internet isn't. I'm not a huge fan of the campus store selection, and would love to buy some of the stuff I've seen on locker 42's Facebook page. However, I have no way to do that, as I live 500 miles away, and can't just drop in on my way home from work. Judging from this thread, as well as a few comments on their Facebook posts, I'm not the only one that wants more selection.
I agree that is what they SHOULD do but they haven't. They direct people on social media to email them to have things shipped but it makes it more complicated. Do they still have 2 store fronts? I have no idea why they aren't primarily online. They had a lot of cool stuff. I think they'd sell a lot more online. Maybe I', completely wrong and 2 locations makes them sell as much as they want to and they'd prefer not to go online.

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » September 5th, 2022, 10:34 pm

Locker 42 does not give a $hit if they sell you something at the store in person or online.

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » September 6th, 2022, 8:09 am

It was really busy before the UCONN game.

They have a great selection in-store, but NOTHING online.

Hoot

Post by Hoot » September 6th, 2022, 8:56 am

Imakeitrain wrote:

Buy up some game worn jerseys, authentic reproductions jerseys, signed game balls, autograph balls (the ones w/white), game balls, warm up gear, etc. help players get some NIL and offer something that differentiates your products from the campus store. Smaller selection higher margin.

Many people don’t know that you can get a ton of custom stuff engraved from the university.

“My hypocrisy goes only so far.”

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » September 6th, 2022, 9:02 am

The website has always been terrible. The in-store stuff is pretty good. They were booming before the UConn game for sure.

CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos » September 6th, 2022, 10:41 am

2004AG wrote:
September 6th, 2022, 8:09 am

They do not have a great selection in store. At least not the north store, I cannot speak to the south store.
These users thanked the author CaptainChaos for the post:
BustaMcNutt

ratofallaggies

Post by ratofallaggies » September 6th, 2022, 11:21 am

I could create product better than both the campus store and locker 42. Funny thing is that I created a concept of a blue bull with the state of Utah outlined in it. I teased the idea of hoodies and had someone from the university threaten me if I were to create anything :)

BigBlueDart
Pick'em Champ - '17 FB Predict the Score

Post by BigBlueDart » September 6th, 2022, 11:23 am

Hey! At least they have a website, now! It had been down for weeks. I'm thinking (hoping?) that they are just undergoing a major overhaul of the website and that once they get it all running again it will be much better than before.

I dropped by the south store before the Fall Scrimmage to get an autograph football and they said the University had just bought them all up. That one was weird to me.

bpd

Post by bpd » September 6th, 2022, 1:04 pm

I brought this up a couple of years ago. I live out of state and buy a decent amount of USU stuff. I haven't been back to Logan in probably 8-9 years. I used to shop online at Locker 42, but can't anymore. Their site sucks and sucks bad. Over the past 18 months I have ordered from the campus store and Dicks. Locker 42 can suck it.
These users thanked the author bpd for the post:
aggies22

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » September 6th, 2022, 1:50 pm

CaptainChaos wrote:
September 6th, 2022, 10:41 am
2004AG wrote:
September 6th, 2022, 8:09 am

They do not have a great selection in store. At least not the north store, I cannot speak to the south store.
I'm referring to the South store, but I don't know. Seemed fine to me. :noidea:

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » September 6th, 2022, 3:04 pm

Even Walmart's on-line Aggie selection isn't half way bad. In the past I'm bought a lot of my Aggie gear here: https://www.fanatics.com/?query=utah%20 ... -0c-0:po-0

But hell, I thought I'd help out the local business instead, oh well.

Aglicious
Site Admin

Post by Aglicious » September 6th, 2022, 3:14 pm

I'm surprised that Locker42 has let things slide to this level. There isn't a single time when the thought came to my mind to try and order anything from the campus store or to even bother checking if it is open on game days (it has been closed nearly every time I have ever tried). Locker42 (south store) is always packed on home football game days. Fans coming from outside the valley know this is their shot to pick up the stuff they only wish they could buy online. It's too bad Locker42 doesn't realize that so they could get their online game together. You would think having a great online presence would be of utmost importance when you are located in a place with limited population?

flying_scotsman2.0

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » September 6th, 2022, 5:06 pm

aggies22 wrote:
September 5th, 2022, 10:34 pm
Locker 42 does not give a $hit if they sell you something at the store in person or online.
Interesting business model.
These users thanked the author flying_scotsman2.0 for the post:
aggies22

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » September 6th, 2022, 5:31 pm

flying_scotsman2.0 wrote:
September 6th, 2022, 5:06 pm
aggies22 wrote:
September 5th, 2022, 10:34 pm
Interesting business model.
Very much so.

AGinNEIowa
Pick'em Champ - '15, '16, '17 WTHCG

Post by AGinNEIowa » September 6th, 2022, 8:09 pm

A month ago, I was figuring on a hot game in Alabama and wanted to buy a white Aggie shirt for the wife and I.
Didn't like anything on the USU store website, and tried to go to Locker 42 website. It was just lines of code. :headscratch: I checked every day or two for about 2 weeks before giving up. :noidea:
These users thanked the author AGinNEIowa for the post:
aggies22

BigBlueDart
Pick'em Champ - '17 FB Predict the Score

Post by BigBlueDart » September 7th, 2022, 1:05 pm

As I stated before, their website was down for several weeks. I suspect that they are upgrading the website, but if that's the case it is going painfully slow.

CanofShiz

Post by CanofShiz » September 7th, 2022, 4:43 pm

Its experiences like these that when I hear that pathetic support local business ad on the radio that put me over the edge.
These users thanked the author CanofShiz for the post:
ViAggie

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » September 7th, 2022, 4:56 pm

CanofShiz wrote:
September 7th, 2022, 4:43 pm
Its experiences like these that when I hear that pathetic support local business ad on the radio that put me over the edge.
Agreed, it's 2022 if you can't put together an on-line retail store to sell your goods and wears, you might want to consider another business model (not retail).

AndroidAggie

Post by AndroidAggie » September 8th, 2022, 11:19 am

i stopped ordering from locker42 a little bit ago due to slow and unresponsive website.

now it's online through fanatics or the campus store.
These users thanked the author AndroidAggie for the post:
ViAggie

BearLakeMonster

Post by BearLakeMonster » September 8th, 2022, 2:19 pm

Every time I've been in the Locker 42 on 42 South Main, I've been impressed with the selection.

And they can order just about anything you want.

If you're there.

With them.

In the store.

Not sure why they can't figure out the website thing. My guess is it's a back-end inventory database issue. They don't want to spend time updating what's available. A business communications student from the high school would be able to automate it for them, though. All they've got to do is ask.

"The evil I can tolerate. But the stupidity... Just knowing we're in the same genus makes me embarrassed to call myself homo!"

aggies1
Pick'em Champ - '20 BB Predict The Score & '20 FB Bowl

Post by aggies1 » September 8th, 2022, 3:33 pm

I feel like the quality has gone downhill as well. The options just aren't that great. They used to have some nicer options, but the last few times I have been in there, I have walked out empty handed.
These users thanked the author aggies1 for the post (total 2):
ProvoAggieBustaMcNutt

coolag

Post by coolag » September 8th, 2022, 5:11 pm

To buy or not to buy?

Regulator of Class

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » September 8th, 2022, 5:17 pm

coolag wrote:To buy or not to buy?
Who is selling that? Someone stole my re-creation of an old Angelus Pacific logo.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

coolag

Post by coolag » September 8th, 2022, 5:40 pm

Regulator of Class

QuackAttackAggie
Pick'em Champ - '12, '22 Bowl; '15, '17 Weekly; '18 BB Predict the Score; '22 Kickoff

Post by QuackAttackAggie » September 8th, 2022, 7:05 pm

coolag wrote:To buy or not to buy?
Lol I love it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » September 8th, 2022, 7:55 pm

Looking at their site I honestly wonder how they haven't been shut down.
Our products are not affiliated with, licensed, sponsored, or endorsed by any college, team, league, event or licensing entity. The work of art incorporated into this product has been copied from a work that is in the public domain.
While the copyrights and trademarks may have run out on the images. Most teams have copyrights on just their names. Making a shirt that said "Chicago Cubs" in a generic font still needs permission because that is a copyrighted and protected name. They flat out admit that they are stealing older artwork and making products based on those works. We sold the Fighting Farmer shirts on here a couple of years ago but at cost and it likely infringed on some copyrights but we didn't make a business off of it.

Cheecho6

Post by Cheecho6 » September 8th, 2022, 10:02 pm

I’ve never understood why Locker42 doesn’t have a strong online presence. Makes no sense.

These users thanked the author Cheecho6 for the post (total 2):
ViAggieaggies22

"We are not here to weather the storm, We are here to be the storm!"
-Jason Kreis

FeartheFro

Post by FeartheFro » September 9th, 2022, 8:04 am

What surprises me is that there is no one on here that has any knowledge of what is happening at Locker 42. Maybe there is someone that knows the story but is afraid to come forward. I realize this board is a small sample of all Aggie fans but it does seem that they (locker 42) ate missing the boat on a number of things critical to running a successful business.

These users thanked the author FeartheFro for the post (total 2):
ViAggieaggies22

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » September 9th, 2022, 5:26 pm

FeartheFro wrote:
September 9th, 2022, 8:04 am
What surprises me is that there is no one on here that has any knowledge of what is happening at Locker 42. Maybe there is someone that knows the story but is afraid to come forward. I realize this board is a small sample of all Aggie fans but it does seem that they (locker 42) ate missing the boat on a number of things critical to running a successful business.

This makes sense - is it a similar story to what happened to Ensign Toyota in Logan? :lol: :joking: :shock: :roll:

Don't ask because I was once threatened with a lawsuit :lol:
These users thanked the author ViAggie for the post:
aggies22

918AGG

Post by 918AGG » September 22nd, 2022, 2:50 pm

Let me add to the collective Locker 42 piss and vinegar. TLDR; Locker 42 is a sad excuse for a merch shop and it hates all Aggie fans everywhere (and is possibly a parody merch shop, started by a loathsome, miserable, miserly Coug).

I have a huge head size (64.5 cm), which is many standard deviations above the mean. I've always wanted a fitted Aggie hat, but they're really hard to come by in my size (one size does not fit all, at least not without a serious red mark on the forehead), so I typically default to Astros hats. I've reached out to Locker 42 on this issue multiple times to see about a special order. I want to spend my money at their store. I love hats and have quite the collection. I could make them very rich. They NEVER respond.

Second, when I went to Logan last, I went with my kids and wife for the white out game. I was able to get a $5 white Aggie shirt. My wife found a $10 white Aggie shirt. My kids went directly into Locker 42 and ran to the kids section and both found $28 Aggie shirts (these are extremely small, cheap, basic Aggie shirts for little girls). Locker 42 is less interested in providing good Aggie gear and a good Aggie experience than it is in working the system and totally screwing its clientele (and it knows its typical clientele very well... cheap mom and dad, spoiled kids...).

Third, I talked to the gal at the cash register and asked her if she was going to go to the UCONN game. She said "oh, I have to work. They don't let me go." Seriously? I understand that Locker 42 has a business to run, but it would seem reasonable and rational to shut down and let your employee head to the football game, say an hour or so before game time. I understand that this is just a symptom of the sad fact that one could hardly notice that it's gameday along Main Street in Logan (which is a different issue altogether, I know).
These users thanked the author 918AGG for the post:
ViAggie

Live every week like it’s Shark Week! :thumbsup:

Locked Previous topicNext topic