College Football Stadiums To Visit

Big Blue's House is intended for general sports talk, sharing ideas, announcements, etc.
Aggie84025

College Football Stadiums To Visit

Post by Aggie84025 » July 23rd, 2022, 10:47 am

Outside of doing water activities I don't enjoy the summer months and the heat and cannot wait for fall which is my favorite time of the year. I am anxious for college football. What are some of the college football stadiums people would like to visit. Below are some of mine.

Virginia Tech- would love to see the enter sandman entrance
Oregon
Penn State- especially a night white out game
Texas A&M- I went their when we played them, but would like to re-visit since they remodeled it.
App State- I think Boone would be fun to visit as it is a unique college town in the Appalachian Mountains.
Michigan
These users thanked the author Aggie84025 for the post (total 2):
aggies22ViAggie

QuackAttackAggie
Pick'em Champ - '12, '22 Bowl; '15, '17 Weekly; '18 BB Predict the Score; '22 Kickoff

Re: College Football Stadiums To Visit

Post by QuackAttackAggie » July 23rd, 2022, 11:33 pm

Clemson Alabama Auburn Texas Ole Miss Ohio State Wisconsin Notre Dame Army

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author QuackAttackAggie for the post:
aggies22

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » July 24th, 2022, 12:01 am

QuackAttackAggie wrote:
July 23rd, 2022, 11:33 pm
Clemson Alabama Auburn Texas Ole Miss Ohio State Wisconsin Notre Dame Army

That is a good list. I would like to attend a game at Army as well.
These users thanked the author Aggie84025 for the post:
aggies22

GeoAg

Post by GeoAg » July 24th, 2022, 1:57 am

Looking to experience the Kinnick Wave next year when the Ags go to Iowa
These users thanked the author GeoAg for the post (total 2):
Aggie84025aggies22

"You guys have sacrificed in ways you've never sacrificed before. You've given more. You expect more...Tonight is our opportunity to write the story of who this family, who this program, who this team will be" -Coach Blake Anderson

slcagg

Post by slcagg » July 24th, 2022, 9:16 am

GeoAg wrote:
July 24th, 2022, 1:57 am
Agreed. A great tradition.

I’m looking forward to going to a game at wisconsin this year and doing the 4th quarter jump around.
These users thanked the author slcagg for the post:
aggies22

breadysmith

Post by breadysmith » July 24th, 2022, 12:28 pm

The Tennessee game was pretty cool. The game sucked and some of there fans were douchers and the stadium was dumpy in some places but overall it was a pretty good environment. Might be more entertaining to see an SEC game there when I don’t have a rooting interest as I bet I would enjoy it more

These users thanked the author breadysmith for the post:
aggies22

"I'm much more comfortable criticizing people behind their backs." George Costanza

flying_scotsman2.0

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » July 24th, 2022, 1:57 pm

I went to an Ohio State game last year, which was cool. Now I’m living thirty minutes away from Ann Arbor, so hoping to visit the big house in the next couple of years
These users thanked the author flying_scotsman2.0 for the post:
aggies22

sneed

Post by sneed » July 24th, 2022, 2:27 pm

San Jose, Hawaii (do they have one? ). Those are the only two I haven’t been to in the MW.

Notre Dame - I have been there but not for a game. Just so I could say “this is the most beautiful site these eyes have ever seen”

UCLA, Oregon, Alabama, Ohio St, Michigan, Wisconsin, App st. I don’t like the Big10 but I want to see a lot of their stadiums. Now that USC is going there I’m sure I will start going to some.

For the NFL I really want to go to the Rams new stadium. Should have gone last year with our bowl game!
These users thanked the author sneed for the post (total 2):
aggies22ViAggie

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » July 24th, 2022, 10:16 pm

breadysmith wrote:
July 24th, 2022, 12:28 pm
The Tennessee game was pretty cool. The game sucked and some of there fans were douchers and the stadium was dumpy in some places but overall it was a pretty good environment. Might be more entertaining to see an SEC game there when I don’t have a rooting interest as I bet I would enjoy it more

We went Tenn when they played the Aggies. Rocky top got really old. It was a truly a game I expected the Aggies to compete in and instead just got walloped.
These users thanked the author Aggie84025 for the post:
aggies22

918AGG

Post by 918AGG » July 25th, 2022, 10:26 am

GeoAg wrote:
July 24th, 2022, 1:57 am
The owner at my place of employment is a big Iowa booster (mostly Iowa wrestling). Trying to work up the cahones to see if he has suite access, season tickets, or if the company plane is available. :noidea:

Live every week like it’s Shark Week! :thumbsup:

LKGates

Post by LKGates » July 25th, 2022, 10:10 pm

This may surprise some people. Wallace Wade stadium at Duke University. First, the Duke campus is gorgeous, and the stadium is right on campus. It isn't particularly big, but it is pretty. Second, the historical importance. Wallace Wade stadium is the only place the Rose Bowl has ever been played outside of Pasadena. It was the 1942 Rose Bowl, right after Pearl Harbor. Everyone was afraid that imperial Japan was going to invade the west coast. Duke was the visiting team, so it was moved to their home stadium. (At the time, the Rose Bowl was simply the champion of the PAC-8 versus the best available opponent. The PAC-X vs. Big 10 arrangement came later.)
These users thanked the author LKGates for the post:
USU78

Freelance adventurer and international man of mystery.

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » July 26th, 2022, 8:29 pm

flying_scotsman2.0 wrote:
July 24th, 2022, 1:57 pm
I went to an Ohio State game last year, which was cool. Now I’m living thirty minutes away from Ann Arbor, so hoping to visit the big house in the next couple of years
I'm going to a game in Columbus this year. I'm excited. The Big House is on the list too along with Camp Randall, Memorial Stadium at Clemson and Autzen Stadium in Eugene. The top atmospheres I've been to (besides Romney/Maverick of course) were Tiger Stadium for an LSU game, The Swamp in Gainesville and Memorial Stadium in Lincoln for a Husker game and they were awesome experiences.
These users thanked the author Aggie formerly in Hawaii for the post:
slcagg

slcagg

Post by slcagg » July 26th, 2022, 9:31 pm

Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
July 26th, 2022, 8:29 pm
flying_scotsman2.0 wrote:
July 24th, 2022, 1:57 pm
I'm going to a game in Columbus this year. I'm excited. The Big House is on the list too along with Camp Randall, Memorial Stadium at Clemson and Autzen Stadium in Eugene. The top atmospheres I've been to (besides Romney/Maverick of course) were Tiger Stadium for an LSU game, The Swamp in Gainesville and Memorial Stadium in Lincoln for a Husker game and they were awesome experiences.
Look forward to the visit!
These users thanked the author slcagg for the post:
Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Coloraggie

Post by Coloraggie » August 9th, 2022, 1:58 pm

I want to see USU play in the Georgia Dome for the SEC Championship....

Penn State. Been to the area and drove by the field but haven't been inside. Would be a great stadium to see games in.

I've been to Washington, which is a great stadium on the water. I went to a spring game in Alabama and sat in a sold out 90,000 seat stadium but the stadium itself was just OK.

For those who want to go to Oregon I would say don't bother. Big stadium in a DUMP of a town. I won't be disappointed if I never go to Eugene again.

slcagg

Post by slcagg » August 9th, 2022, 4:55 pm

Coloraggie wrote:
August 9th, 2022, 1:58 pm

Penn State. Been to the area and drove by the field but haven't been inside. Would be a great stadium to see games in.

I've been to Washington, which is a great stadium on the water. I went to a spring game in Alabama and sat in a sold out 90,000 seat stadium but the stadium itself was just OK.

For those who want to go to Oregon I would say don't bother. Big stadium in a DUMP of a town. I won't be disappointed if I never go to Eugene again.
You mean you don’t like seeing naked pot smoking hippies?

QuackAttackAggie
Pick'em Champ - '12, '22 Bowl; '15, '17 Weekly; '18 BB Predict the Score; '22 Kickoff

Post by QuackAttackAggie » August 9th, 2022, 9:11 pm

slcagg wrote:
Coloraggie wrote:

I did not like my time in Eugene but the football games were incredible, especially big in conference games in the dark.

slcagg

Post by slcagg » August 9th, 2022, 9:19 pm

QuackAttackAggie wrote:
August 9th, 2022, 9:11 pm
slcagg wrote:
Coloraggie wrote:

I did not like my time in Eugene but the football games were incredible, especially big in conference games in the dark.

I honestly have never been there. Just heard some comments here and there

But I agree I’d love to watch a game there.

mcaggie1

Post by mcaggie1 » August 10th, 2022, 4:18 pm

I have only been to a few, but have a big one coming up. My son that lives in Dallas, and I are going to Tuscaloosa to see the Aggies play. We are driving through Louisiana and Mississippi where I was on my mission.

I have been to Southern Miss., Notre Dame, Texas A&M, Michigan State, Oregon, the old “Sugar Bowl” in New Orleans.
These users thanked the author mcaggie1 for the post:
Aggie84025

SeattleAg

Post by SeattleAg » August 11th, 2022, 10:20 pm

Washington is nice, especially if you can get on a boat before the game. (I haven't, but probably could motor out there now.) Actual stadium atmosphere is middling unless they can get on a run again. Combination of W. Coast chill, cost, and mediocre football is killing the vibe a bit.
Eugene... haven't been there, but if you don't mind girls with hairy legs I hear it's ok.

Stucki

Post by Stucki » August 14th, 2022, 11:26 am

Eugene is a mecca to those of us involved in track and field. The atmosphere at Hayward Field, the legend of Pre, the numerous running trails, the TrackTown USA mystique make it one of the few places outside of Utah I would consider relocating to.

The biggest problems with Eugene are the difficulty of getting there and the outrageous hotel prices during major events.

Hail the Utah Aggies!

SeattleAg

Post by SeattleAg » August 14th, 2022, 1:49 pm

Stucki wrote:
August 14th, 2022, 11:26 am
Eugene is a mecca to those of us involved in track and field. The atmosphere at Hayward Field, the legend of Pre, the numerous running trails, the TrackTown USA mystique make it one of the few places outside of Utah I would consider relocating to.

The biggest problems with Eugene are the difficulty of getting there and the outrageous hotel prices during major events.
Some friends went to the world championships this year. The kids had a baseball tournament in Portland, so they went straight on from there and had a great time.

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » August 14th, 2022, 3:33 pm

I've been to Rose Bowl... but it was for a concert. LA Coliseum is a dinosaur, if I was USC I'd consider working out a deal to play in Sofi. Rose Bowl is special because of it's location - Arroyo Seco, is a beautiful place.

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

Locked Previous topicNext topic