Golden State Warriors will not get the finals or win the finals

Big Blue's House is intended for general sports talk, sharing ideas, announcements, etc.
troutputz
RIP

Golden State Warriors will not get the finals or win the finals

Post by troutputz » May 11th, 2022, 10:59 pm

Because they don’t have a big man at the center position. When the Warriors were winning finals they had a big man. Even though he wasn’t the best big man he still did well. That was Andrew Bogut!
It drives me crazy when the Warriors don’t get rebounds they should. Thank goodness Draymont Green has been there or it would be real ugly. Also, the Warriors ball handling drives me nuts. Good thing they can shoot except at Memphis!
The refs are favoring Memphis so much! Memphis gets away with so many push offs and cheap shots! I don’t think the refs want Golden State in the Western finals. Same with Phoenix suns, Dallas gets away with so many push offs and bumps to the chest. I loathe these cockey players like Donic, And Morant, they are good but there personalities have a lot to be desired.

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Re: Golden State Warriors will not get the finals or win the finals

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » May 12th, 2022, 8:02 am

troutputz wrote:
May 11th, 2022, 10:59 pm
Because they don’t have a big man at the center position. When the Warriors were winning finals they had a big man. Even though he wasn’t the best big man he still did well. That was Andrew Bogut!
It drives me crazy when the Warriors don’t get rebounds they should. Thank goodness Draymont Green has been there or it would be real ugly. Also, the Warriors ball handling drives me nuts. Good thing they can shoot except at Memphis!
The refs are favoring Memphis so much! Memphis gets away with so many push offs and cheap shots! I don’t think the refs want Golden State in the Western finals. Same with Phoenix suns, Dallas gets away with so many push offs and bumps to the chest. I loathe these cockey players like Donic, And Morant, they are good but there personalities have a lot to be desired.
Andrew bogut was only on one of their championship teams. No need to overdo it with ute praise on here.

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » May 12th, 2022, 10:48 am

It will be Warriors/Celtics in the finals

El Sapo

Post by El Sapo » May 12th, 2022, 2:51 pm

Last night was the worst I've ever seen the Warriors play. Warning! Don't use that game as your basis of analysis.

The Griz could win the next 2, but that's unlikely. Just like the Griz proved they weren't done by coming back from a complete beat down by the Warriors in game 3.

The Warriors are still struggling with player rotations and team chemistry. They were just starting to get settled when Gary Payton 2 got injured. Now they are forced to make yet another adjustment. Also, Curry, Thompson and Green are showing signs of their age. Thompson isn't himself and Green and Curry seem more interested in the "show" than they are in the game.

Last night Green vehemently argued a call he knew the ref had already called in his favor. You can't make this stuff up. Him and Curry on the court at the same time? Both of them playing "hero ball" led to 9 turnovers in the second quarter last night. Curry used to play hard all game in the playoffs, but now he's playing at regular season speed and intensity until the final 10 minutes of the game just the like all the players do during the regular season. Same with Green and Thompson doesn't have that high gear anymore.

All that and Warriors are still a fair bet to win it all.
These users thanked the author El Sapo for the post:
aggies22

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » May 12th, 2022, 7:01 pm

brownjeans wrote:
May 12th, 2022, 10:48 am
Bold pick with boston facing elimination and going on the road

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » May 12th, 2022, 10:38 pm

Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
May 12th, 2022, 7:01 pm
brownjeans wrote:
Always hard to kill the king, but the Celtics have been the best team in the NBA the past few months.

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » May 15th, 2022, 8:08 pm

brownjeans wrote:
May 12th, 2022, 10:38 pm
brownjeans wrote:
Always hard to kill the king, but the Celtics have been the best team in the NBA the past few months.
Brownjeans pick looking pretty good.

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » May 15th, 2022, 9:55 pm

May 15th, 2022, 8:08 pm
brownjeans wrote:
brownjeans wrote:
I think the Mavs are a tougher matchup for the Warriors than the Sun's. Big test for them.

El Sapo

Post by El Sapo » May 16th, 2022, 10:46 am

brownjeans wrote:
May 15th, 2022, 9:55 pm
brownjeans wrote:
brownjeans wrote:
I think the Mavs are a tougher matchup for the Warriors than the Sun's. Big test for them.
The 2 big centers for the Suns would have a big advantage v Warriors. I'm glad Mavs don't have a dominant center.

Before the playoffs I read an article arguing that the Mavs would be the toughest opponent for the Warriors. Their guys are big and athletic and will defend the 3 pt shot better than the other teams. Warriors went into the paint to score in the last series. Maybe they will again. This version of the Warriors is not the same juggernaut that we've seen in the past. They have lost 2 elimination games (eliminating the other team) this season and had only lost 3 in all their previous playoff series. It's a team that looks unfocused and unmotivated at times. But it's also the most experienced playoff team. These guys have been here before and are playing without intensity until it is absolutely demanded of them. It shows during the game and it's showing in the playoff series.

Warriors won't play all out in the game, or in the series, until the feel like they need to. Can they do that and beat the Mavs?

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » May 18th, 2022, 8:58 pm

brownjeans wrote:
May 15th, 2022, 9:55 pm
brownjeans wrote:
brownjeans wrote:
I wouldn't count out Luka, but the Warriors are a completely different animal than the Suns. Their big 3 is three games away from six straight finals togethers. The Warriors just flat out know how to win playoff games.

El Sapo

Post by El Sapo » May 19th, 2022, 10:54 am

Game #1

That was an average Warriors game shooting wise. Above average on ball control. Above average on defense. Intensity and focus were above average. Even though they probably turned the ball over more times than the Mavs, there were only 2 hero ball Green/Curry turnovers which is exceptionally low. Those guys have combined for 8 in a single quarter during the playoffs. They got lucky bounces on a couple that could have gone the other way. Thompson was sloppy early and probably had 4 turnovers, but he got himself focused and made some shots.

Looney had a great game as did Wiggins guarding Luca.

Wiggins was the player of the game IMHO

Interesting to see how the Mavs respond.
ViAggie

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » May 26th, 2022, 10:08 pm

Klay looked really good tonight. Good to see him back to his old self.

As for troutputz's point of the Warriors not having a big man, ever since the Warriors put Kevon Looney in the starting lineup they are 5-1 and playing championship basketball. He has been great defensively and a rebounding machine.
These users thanked the author Aggie formerly in Hawaii for the post:
El Sapo

troutputz
RIP

Post by troutputz » May 27th, 2022, 1:28 am

Yes, I am so glad that Kerr put Looney into the starting line up. If it’s Boston and I think it will be, it will be rough for the Warriors. Boston has some big guys. Horford is tough toanage. I wish the Warriors hadn’t lost Gary Payton Jr. he would have made the Warriors a lock In my opinion!

Trivia without looking it up. Who was the Warrior guard who led them to their title in 75? Plus, this person was shooting over 90 % in free throws and finished shooting that for his career! Plus, this same guard shot his free throws under handed! Who was he?
Last edited by troutputz on May 28th, 2022, 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » May 27th, 2022, 9:06 am

troutputz wrote:
May 27th, 2022, 1:28 am
Yes, I am so glad that Kerr put Looney into the starting line up. If it’s Boston and I think it will be, it will be rough for the Warriors. Boston has some big guys. Horford is tough toanage. I wish the Warriors hadn’t lost Gary Payton Jr. he would have made the Warriors a lock In my opinion!
Yeah great move by Draymond and Steph to tell Mike Brown that Looney needed to start and play more after the Grizzlies beatdown in game 5 last series. Their level of physicality has been much stronger since. They made the Mavs look like an 8seed. Gary Payton II might come back for the finals. We'll see.
Last edited by Aggie formerly in Hawaii on May 27th, 2022, 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
El Sapo

El Sapo

Post by El Sapo » May 27th, 2022, 10:02 am

Experience the overwhelming east coast media bias, but don't buy into it.

Warriors are legit.
Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » May 27th, 2022, 11:25 am

El Sapo wrote:
May 27th, 2022, 10:02 am
Experience the overwhelming east coast media bias, but don't buy into it.

Warriors are legit.
Yeah they basically have 4 all stars(klay was hurt or likely would have been in). The last time their big 3 didnt make a finals while healthy was 2014. Crazy they were dismissed this season as much as they were.

troutputz
RIP

Post by troutputz » May 28th, 2022, 1:37 am

The player that led the Warriors to the NBA championship (1975)and shot free throws under handed was Rick Barry. The same Barry the Wayne Estes battled for the points most per game in 1964-65. 33.5 for Estes. 33.7 for Barry.
Estes would had been so good in the NBA. Rick Barry has had a few sons play in the NBA, but none as good as their Pop!
These users thanked the author troutputz for the post:
Aggie formerly in Hawaii

El Sapo

Post by El Sapo » May 29th, 2022, 3:11 pm

Getting ready to watch game 7 and the Heat v Celtics series games haven't exactly been pretty to watch. Maybe it's the defense and then again maybe these teams aren't very skilled offensively. Hard for me to judge until they face the Warriors.

I still think the media is going to crown the winner of today's game as their projected NBA champ. They might hold back a little, but if it's the Celtics? It will be impossible for them to contain.

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » May 29th, 2022, 10:52 pm

Brownjeans better predict Utah State wins the national championship this year.
brownjeans

slcagg

Post by slcagg » May 30th, 2022, 6:10 am

El Sapo wrote:
May 29th, 2022, 3:11 pm
Getting ready to watch game 7 and the Heat v Celtics series games haven't exactly been pretty to watch. Maybe it's the defense and then again maybe these teams aren't very skilled offensively. Hard for me to judge until they face the Warriors.

I still think the media is going to crown the winner of today's game as their projected NBA champ. They might hold back a little, but if it's the Celtics? It will be impossible for them to contain.
Warriors in 5 maybe 6 is my guess. Their offense is still going to click

El Sapo

Post by El Sapo » May 31st, 2022, 10:49 am

Warriors are showing their playoff experience. Getting better in each series. Protecting home court. Yea, they've played sloppy at times, but that's only been when they have taken control of the series (or believe they have).

I think the team is peaking at the right time and we'll see the best the Warriors have to give in the first 2 games in SF. Teams haven't been able to "control" the Dubs in the playoffs. Looking back, the only time the Warriors struggled is when Curry and Green played "hero" ball and made multiple unforced turnovers. That stuff didn't happen V Dallas and won't happen in the finals.

El Sapo

Post by El Sapo » June 2nd, 2022, 2:30 pm

I've heard that the Celtics are the best team that the Warriors have ever faced in the finals and that all 5 of their starters could be considered the NBA's defensive player of the year.

Good to know. The Dubs are clearly overmatched :lol: .

Dubs will likely have Iggy (past finals MVP) and Otto Porter available for game 1 and GP2 is possible, but not likely for the first game. All 3 will be critical for the Dubs defense against the Celtics 2 J's...... Jayson and Jaylen

Go Warriors!

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » June 16th, 2022, 10:43 pm

Sorry Trout, Warriors got it done. Pretty hard to keep Steph Curry off of any top 10 list now. There aren't 10 players that have ever played the game that are better than Curry.

Aggie19

Post by Aggie19 » June 16th, 2022, 10:53 pm

June 16th, 2022, 10:43 pm
Sorry Trout, Warriors got it done. Pretty hard to keep Steph Curry off of any top 10 list now. There aren't 10 players that have ever played the game that are better than Curry.
Michael Jordan
Kobe Bryant
LeBron James
Bill Russell
Wilt Chamberlain
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
Magic Johnson
Larry Bird
Shaquille O'Neal
Tim Duncan

The start of my list 😉

Steph is a great player and he's right there, but there's a whole lot of players before Steph on the greatest lists, IMO. He's in there somewhere.

Go Aggies!

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » June 16th, 2022, 11:29 pm

Aggie19 wrote:
June 16th, 2022, 10:53 pm
Michael Jordan
Kobe Bryant
LeBron James
Bill Russell
Wilt Chamberlain
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
Magic Johnson
Larry Bird
Shaquille O'Neal
Tim Duncan

The start of my list 😉

Steph is a great player and he's right there, but there's a whole lot of players before Steph on the greatest lists, IMO. He's in there somewhere.
Definitely an impressive list. He is on the heels of several of them with more seasons to go to further cement his place in the top 10.

Stephen A says he would kick out Chamberlain: https://fadeawayworld.net/nba-media/ste ... ll-russell

Shaq also says he is top 10:
Aggie19

AngusAg

Post by AngusAg » June 17th, 2022, 10:12 am

Agree, Hawaii, that SC is a great player, but if you're talking the game of basketball and not just NBA then Maravich HAS to be considered. The guy averaged over 44 pts/game for his entire college career. Points aside the guy had game, he was pretty amazing to watch.

FeartheFro

Post by FeartheFro » June 17th, 2022, 10:54 am

AngusAg wrote:
Agree, Hawaii, that SC is a great player, but if you're talking the game of basketball and not just NBA then Maravich HAS to be considered. The guy averaged over 44 pts/game for his entire college career. Points aside the guy had game, he was pretty amazing to watch.
He averaged 44 a game WITHOUT the 3 point line. Maravich is high on the list of most under appreciated players ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aggieborn

Post by aggieborn » June 17th, 2022, 11:23 am

Curry is better than Kobe and so is Tim Duncan. Both are much more deserving of being top 10 before Kobe.

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » June 17th, 2022, 5:59 pm

This post didn't age well

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

troutputz
RIP

Post by troutputz » June 18th, 2022, 2:23 pm

I was totally wrong! How could I have ever doubt GSW? Curry is the man. Best shooter of all time. Jordan is the best scorer of all time.

I am so glad Golden State won it! I didn’t realize the Klay Thompson’s Dad was Mychael Thompson that played with the Lakers with Magic, and Kareem! Klay has good genes, so does Curry. Why did Curry’s dad not like the Jazz!

Boston players looked like a bunch of thugs compared to the looks of GWS players. Only one of Boston’s players that didn’t look like a thug was Horford.

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » June 18th, 2022, 7:18 pm

AngusAg wrote:
June 17th, 2022, 10:12 am
Definitely up there for greatest collegiate player ever. Overall I wouldn't put him in the top 10, but underrated and appreciated by other legends of the game:

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » June 18th, 2022, 7:19 pm

troutputz wrote:
June 18th, 2022, 2:23 pm
I was totally wrong! How could I have ever doubt GSW? Curry is the man. Best shooter of all time. Jordan is the best scorer of all time.

I am so glad Golden State won it! I didn’t realize the Klay Thompson’s Dad was Mychael Thompson that played with the Lakers with Magic, and Kareem! Klay has good genes, so does Curry. Why did Curry’s dad not like the Jazz!

Boston players looked like a bunch of thugs compared to the looks of GWS players. Only one of Boston’s players that didn’t look like a thug was Horford.
:lol:

Aggie19

Post by Aggie19 » June 18th, 2022, 7:46 pm

aggieborn wrote:
June 17th, 2022, 11:23 am
Curry is better than Kobe and so is Tim Duncan. Both are much more deserving of being top 10 before Kobe.
Not really a Kobe fan myself, but thought this was interesting 😁. Curry is better than neither of those players, IMO.

Go Aggies!

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » June 18th, 2022, 8:20 pm

Aggie19 wrote:
June 18th, 2022, 7:46 pm
aggieborn wrote:
June 17th, 2022, 11:23 am
Not really a Kobe fan myself, but thought this was interesting 😁. Curry is better than neither of those players, IMO.
That is regular season. Playoffs are a different animal. For forty pt playoff games Jordan has 38, Lebron has 28 and Kobe has 13. As for 50 pt playoff games, funnily enough Donovan Mitchell has more of them than Kobe.

As for comparing Kobe to Curry, I'd take Curry offensively by a close margin. Where Kobe passes him is defensively and there it isn't close. Kobe made the all NBA defensive team 12x whereas Curry has of course never made it.
Aggie19

dirtnsnow

Post by dirtnsnow » June 19th, 2022, 12:26 pm

Aggie19 wrote:
June 16th, 2022, 10:53 pm
Michael Jordan
Kobe Bryant
LeBron James
Bill Russell
Wilt Chamberlain
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
Magic Johnson
Larry Bird
Shaquille O'Neal
Tim Duncan

The start of my list 😉

Interesting list. However, I'd argue that very few of them on that list changed the game. Most played the same game that had been played before. All of the centers were inside out players. The guards are all in the Michael Jordan mold (beat your guy 1v1 with athleticism). All of them are athletic specimens in some respect (height, jumping ability, speed, etc). Curry is in a different mold. Compared to the rest of these guys, he's the short kid with the goofy shot (curry's release is ridiculously fast). He was the biggest underdog superstar that I can recall since Scottie Pippen. The way that curry plays has changed basketball for at least a generation. Volume scoring from beyond the arc has never been a priority until he showed that it can be very efficient with the right shooter. He may get beat 1v1, but his impact on the game surpasses almost everyone on that list.
These users thanked the author dirtnsnow for the post:
OKAggie

Aggies All the Way!

Locked Previous topicNext topic