Not impressed with Snyder

Big Blue's House is intended for general sports talk, sharing ideas, announcements, etc.
troutputz

Not impressed with Snyder

Post by troutputz » April 28th, 2022, 10:57 pm

Jerry Sloan would have won two playoff series with this team! Quinn is just to soft. Jazz intensity really sucks! Sometimes you look at the team and I wonder if anyone on the team really cares if they move on or not! Jazz are not going to be able to keep Mitchell! Bogdonivic shoots to much, he needs to pass more. I bet this team as it is now will not be the same come next year!

Stockypoo2212

Re: Not impressed with Snyder

Post by Stockypoo2212 » May 3rd, 2022, 12:31 pm

troutputz wrote:
April 28th, 2022, 10:57 pm
Jerry Sloan would have won two playoff series with this team! Quinn is just to soft. Jazz intensity really sucks! Sometimes you look at the team and I wonder if anyone on the team really cares if they move on or not! Jazz are not going to be able to keep Mitchell! Bogdonivic shoots to much, he needs to pass more. I bet this team as it is now will not be the same come next year!
Wait... You think bogey shoots too much? Donovan needs to pass more when he shoots 5-20 every dang game. He has forgotten how to play team ball. So many things would open up for him if he'd pass the ball
These users thanked the author Stockypoo2212 for the post:
aggies22

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » May 3rd, 2022, 5:45 pm

troutputz wrote:
April 28th, 2022, 10:57 pm
Jerry Sloan wouldn't have agreed to have half these lames on his team.

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » May 11th, 2022, 1:45 pm

Yeah pretty disappointed the new management is still in love with snyder. Hope the Lakers are dumb enough to give him a crazy offer.

3rdGenAggie
Pick'em Champ - '16 Kickoff

Post by 3rdGenAggie » May 11th, 2022, 2:03 pm

The thing with moving on from Snyder is that you have to be able to hire a better coach. If Snyder were on the market, I expect he'd instantly be among the very top choices for every team with an opening.

I wish he'd be more flexible with rotations when the game called for it, but overall he's well above average among NBA coaches.
These users thanked the author 3rdGenAggie for the post (total 2):
LarryTheAggiebrownjeans

"I have no idea what I'm doing, but I know I'm doing it really, really well." -Andy Dwyer

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » May 11th, 2022, 5:16 pm

Hire Alex Jensen.

SSaggie

Post by SSaggie » May 12th, 2022, 2:03 pm

In the last five years, Snyder has owned a top defense and a top offense in the league. He is capable, but needs better players. Getting rid of him would be a bad idea, who would be an improvement? Snyder needs to quit kissing donivans butt.

Keep rudy, make donovan pass more (let it be known i am not a mitchel fan, but he does have potential if he were to play team first basketball and try to win instead of pad his stats), change up almost everyone else. Maybe keep Bojan

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author SSaggie for the post:
utaggies

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » May 12th, 2022, 8:50 pm

SSaggie wrote:
May 12th, 2022, 2:03 pm
In the last five years, Snyder has owned a top defense and a top offense in the league. He is capable, but needs better players. Getting rid of him would be a bad idea, who would be an improvement? Snyder needs to quit kissing donivans butt.

Keep rudy, make donovan pass more (let it be known i am not a mitchel fan, but he does have potential if he were to play team first basketball and try to win instead of pad his stats), change up almost everyone else. Maybe keep Bojan

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
Regular season is one thing, but he has been very disappointing in the playoffs. Even with the Conley injury, there was no excuse to blow a 25 pt lead to the Kawhi-less Clippers and lose that series. The year before you have the Nuggets 3-1 and this year you get Dallas without their superstar for half the games only to lose both. The Jazz need better players to win a championship, but the three series I mentioned the talent was there to win.

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » May 12th, 2022, 8:55 pm

3rdGenAggie wrote:
May 11th, 2022, 2:03 pm
The thing with moving on from Snyder is that you have to be able to hire a better coach. If Snyder were on the market, I expect he'd instantly be among the very top choices for every team with an opening.

I wish he'd be more flexible with rotations when the game called for it, but overall he's well above average among NBA coaches.
Any competent NBA coach could get the postseason results Snyder has gotten in Utah. His only really great coached playoff series was against OKC and even that you could argue Mitchell just went into superman mode.

Many more accomplished coaches have been fired when they plateaued and the team has seen better results. Dwayne Casey literally won coach of the year and was fired for lack of playoff success. Nick Nurse wins a title. (Yeah they got Kawhi that offseason, but Nurse has proven to be a pretty good coach) Doc Rivers has a much better NBA resume than Snyder and was fired after the Clippers lost to the Nuggets two years ago. Last year with Lue they made the conference finals with Lue outcoaching Snyder. Sure, Snyder will get another job, but that isn't saying much. It is a retread league. Watching the Mavs right now, Jason Kidd is on his 3rd coaching job. It sure as hell doesn't mean Milwaukee wasn't smart to get rid of him and bring in Budenholzer.

slcagg

Post by slcagg » May 12th, 2022, 8:59 pm

Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
May 12th, 2022, 8:55 pm
3rdGenAggie wrote:

Any competent NBA coach could get the postseason results Snyder has gotten in Utah. His only really great coached playoff series was against OKC and even that you could argue Mitchell just went into superman mode.

Many more accomplished coaches have been fired when they plateaued and the team has seen better results. Dwayne Casey literally won coach of the year and was fired for lack of playoff success. Nick Nurse wins a title. (Yeah they got Kawhi that offseason, but Nurse has proven to be a pretty good coach) Doc Rivers has a much better NBA resume than Snyder and was fired after the Clippers lost to the Nuggets two years ago. Last year with Lue they made the conference finals with Lue outcoaching Snyder. Sure, Snyder will get another job, but that isn't saying much. It is a retread league. Watching the Mavs right now, Jason Kidd is on his 3rd coaching job. It sure as hell doesn't mean Milwaukee wasn't smart to get rid of him and bring in Budenholzer.
You ready to move on from Snyder?
These users thanked the author slcagg for the post:
Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » May 12th, 2022, 9:06 pm

slcagg wrote:
May 12th, 2022, 8:59 pm
3rdGenAggie wrote:

Yes it is time for a new voice. In this case I agree with this board's version of Dennis Miller, the great ranter known as troutputz. Maybe my disdain is heightened by being at game 3 against Dallas and watching Snyder's defense be very charitable in letting the Mavs have open 3 after open 3 all night.

slcagg

Post by slcagg » May 12th, 2022, 9:12 pm

May 12th, 2022, 9:06 pm
slcagg wrote:
3rdGenAggie wrote:

Yes it is time for a new voice. In this case I agree with this board's version of Dennis Miller, the great ranter known as troutputz. Maybe my disdain is heightened by being at game 3 against Dallas and watching Snyder's defense be very charitable in letting the Mavs have open 3 after open 3 all night.
Haha Dennis miller.

Do you find someone already within the jazz circle or do you have an external that you like?

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » May 12th, 2022, 9:28 pm

slcagg wrote:
May 12th, 2022, 9:12 pm
May 12th, 2022, 9:06 pm
slcagg wrote:
3rdGenAggie wrote:

Haha Dennis miller.

Do you find someone already within the jazz circle or do you have an external that you like?
I'd really like to see Ron Adams get an opportunity. He is one of the best defensive coaches in the NBA. He was the defensive architect of those tom thibodeau chicago bulls teams and has done a great job as Kerr's defensive guru in Golden State(ignore last night of course). If nothing else, I'd upgrade his pay and bring him in as an assistant.

Jay Wright is another guy I'd love. College is a different animal sure, but he was a great talent developer and a great defensive coach. He doesn't have NBA experience even as an assistant, but neither did Billy Donovan and Donovan has been a solid NBA coach.
These users thanked the author Aggie formerly in Hawaii for the post:
slcagg

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic