Hall of Fame event

Big Blue's House is intended for general sports talk, sharing ideas, announcements, etc.
dogie

Hall of Fame event

Post by dogie » April 23rd, 2022, 10:27 pm

I just got back from the USU Hall of Fame induction ceremony. It was a very nice evening and good to see what the former athletes are doing.

Each of the eight inductees spoke for about five minutes, and all of them did a really good job.

There was one story that was far and away the most entertaining. I’m guessing anyone who attended knows which one it was! :)
These users thanked the author dogie for the post (total 4):
USU78Aggie19cdaAgaggies22

Blue Sage

Re: Hall of Fame event

Post by Blue Sage » April 23rd, 2022, 10:39 pm

dogie wrote:
April 23rd, 2022, 10:27 pm
I just got back from the USU Hall of Fame induction ceremony. It was a very nice evening and good to see what the former athletes are doing.

Each of the eight inductees spoke for about five minutes, and all of them did a really good job.

There was one story that was far and away the most entertaining. I’m guessing anyone who attended knows which one it was! :)
It was a very “foul” moment certainly a low moment even for an elevator. 🤣🤣🤣

#hornsup!

GUS

Post by GUS » April 24th, 2022, 6:15 pm

Any chance of there being video of the event?

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » April 24th, 2022, 8:49 pm

Here are the stories everyone shared.

The softball woman Kathy Beasley-Houchan talked about being upset when she came here and was told she would be a DH instead of a catcher. She also talked about how they had a field that they tore down to build dorms. I knew at one point they had to play their home games at Willow Park. And the pictures they showed in the video looked like Willow Park. Maybe the dorms she was referring to them building in place of the field is Oakridge. Before we had the soccer stadium, they would play home games at a small field next to the towers.

Jaycee talked about how he was told him and another guy were offered 1 scholarship to whoever accepts first, then later found out there was no other guy. He mentioned that before the first game, his parents wondered if he would even get to play, but it was an understatement he would play as he would start and be the leading scorer. His mom was glad he waited until the game he did to break the record so she could come.

Wagner talked about how he got offered a scholarship cause his high school coach was at a bar and first told Jim Harbaugh to offer him and he passed, then told our coach to offer him so he did. Growing up in California, he had never seen snow and just saw people walking on top of it in cartoons, so he thought you walked on top of snow when he came here for a visit.

The cross country guy Trevor Ball talked about having to decide AGAIN when he was getting home from his mission between Utah State and BYU.

The gymnast Barb Klein talked about how she liked Ray Corn and misses him.

Tai talked about how Stew was a good coach for him, but Stew isn't for everyone, as him and other guys every year would have bets on which freshman wouldn't last under Stew. He told the story about getting off the elevator at the Coppermill. He also was open talking about his incident at San Jose State. He loves his wife who is a buff pro wrestler(just seeing if you are paying attention)

Turbin talked about coming here cause he could make a difference.

dogie

Post by dogie » April 24th, 2022, 9:58 pm

That’s a good summary.

Wagner’s high school coach apparently piqued the USU coach’s interest by falsely saying that Harbaugh was about to offer, and USU needed to act immediately so as to not lose out.

It turns out that the Colony High School coach played the USU coach using about the same strategy that the USU basketball coaching staff applied to Jaycee Carroll a few years earlier.

Also, if Tai Wesley’s USU career were compressed into a 23-minute sitcom episode, this would be the description on the viewing guide:

Season 4, Episode 1
Tai Wesley is unfairly ejected at San Jose State. He befriends Wild Bill. Tai rides an elevator with Jared Quayle at the Copper Mill. (2011)

Ag4life

Post by Ag4life » April 26th, 2022, 8:03 pm

Anyone know if they recorded the event? I tried searching for it but no luck. I did find this gallery of images: https://usu.photoshelter.com/galleries/ ... ll-of-Fame
These users thanked the author Ag4life for the post:
AggiePT

Coloraggie

Post by Coloraggie » May 9th, 2022, 11:00 pm

GameFAQSAggie wrote:
April 24th, 2022, 8:49 pm
Here are the stories everyone shared.

The softball woman Kathy Beasley-Houchan talked about being upset when she came here and was told she would be a DH instead of a catcher. She also talked about how they had a field that they tore down to build dorms. I knew at one point they had to play their home games at Willow Park. And the pictures they showed in the video looked like Willow Park. Maybe the dorms she was referring to them building in place of the field is Oakridge. Before we had the soccer stadium, they would play home games at a small field next to the towers.
The old softball field was where Snow Hall is now, over by the 'morm dorms', Rich, Davis,Jones,Morgan. In 1994 they removed the field to construct Snow Hall. Used to be nice to see a game from my dorm and walk down to watch it. We also had good teams in those days.

Locked Previous topicNext topic