Example 312: Bad Sports Reporters (Edmonton Oilers Edition)

Big Blue's House is intended for general sports talk, sharing ideas, announcements, etc.
Imakeitrain

Example 312: Bad Sports Reporters (Edmonton Oilers Edition)

Post by Imakeitrain » January 18th, 2022, 10:34 pm

What an azz clown.

In some respects, I get it. Their job is to get readers and there isn't much in terms of actual good questions you can ask a player who is in a bad mood... but this is bad. Not only to pester the guy with berating "why do you suck" type questions but then to get indignant when he doesn't want to expound your questions and provides a "no" to your "yes or no" question. I hope that guy gets banned but with being so antagonistic to one of the best players in hockey is very unbecoming to say the least.

And as always: We've had some great reporters that provide useful information to the fans covering the Aggies. 22 does a great job now. Tony Jones did a great job when he was on the beat.
These users thanked the author Imakeitrain for the post:
aggies22

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Re: Example 312: Bad Sports Reporters (Edmonton Oilers Edition)

Post by aggies22 » January 19th, 2022, 7:00 pm

Imakeitrain wrote:
January 18th, 2022, 10:34 pm

What an azz clown.

In some respects, I get it. Their job is to get readers and there isn't much in terms of actual good questions you can ask a player who is in a bad mood... but this is bad. Not only to pester the guy with berating "why do you suck" type questions but then to get indignant when he doesn't want to expound your questions and provides a "no" to your "yes or no" question. I hope that guy gets banned but with being so antagonistic to one of the best players in hockey is very unbecoming to say the least.

And as always: We've had some great reporters that provide useful information to the fans covering the Aggies. 22 does a great job now. Tony Jones did a great job when he was on the beat.
I appreciate that my Aggie brother!

usugoalie13

Re: Example 312: Bad Sports Reporters (Edmonton Oilers Edition)

Post by usugoalie13 » January 19th, 2022, 7:30 pm

As an Edmontonian and an Oilers fan, that reporter (Jim matheson) is an idiot. The sad thing is, he has an award from the hockey hall of fame. None of the players like him and he asks the dumbest questions possible. He's covered the Oilers since the dynasty days and I couldn't imagine him asking someone like Mark Messier why he is being pissy. All the fans in Edmonton wamt his credentials taken away. But I do enjoy when he asks a question because it always turns out to be a good laugh.
Here is another amazing question.

Locked Previous topicNext topic