Dallin Leavitt

Big Blue's House is intended for general sports talk, sharing ideas, announcements, etc.
El Sapo

Dallin Leavitt

Post by El Sapo » January 4th, 2022, 10:52 am

Is having a productive year with the Raiders.

He plays safety regularly in certain defensive sets. Stats say he plays around 20% of the defensive plays. He's also a core special teams player. Plays on return and coverage teams.

He made a game ending, game winning hit separating the ball from a Steeler receiver when Big Ben was trying to win the game in the final seconds. Took a direct snap on a punt and made the first down in a critical situation.

He's playing solid FB. Really happy for him. Recently found out we're probably related. :pirate:
These users thanked the author El Sapo for the post (total 7):
Aggiefan33AggieFBObsessionaggies22flying_scotsman2.0AggieArmyUSU78NowhereLandAggie

Aggie84025

Re: Dallin Leavitt

Post by Aggie84025 » January 4th, 2022, 11:37 am

That is awesome for him. His hard work and dedication has been fantastic to see. He has stuck around in the league a lot longer than I thought he would. Great to see.
These users thanked the author Aggie84025 for the post:
El Sapo

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » January 4th, 2022, 12:06 pm

El Sapo wrote:
January 4th, 2022, 10:52 am

He plays safety regularly in certain defensive sets. Stats say he plays around 20% of the defensive plays. He's also a core special teams player. Plays on return and coverage teams.

He made a game ending, game winning hit separating the ball from a Steeler receiver when Big Ben was trying to win the game in the final seconds. Took a direct snap on a punt and made the first down in a critical situation.

He's playing solid FB. Really happy for him. Recently found out we're probably related. :pirate:
In that case tell his little brother to come play QB here. That kid can play!
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post:
El Sapo

El Sapo

Post by El Sapo » January 4th, 2022, 1:14 pm

Aggie84025 wrote:
January 4th, 2022, 11:37 am
That is awesome for him. His hard work and dedication has been fantastic to see. He has stuck around in the league a lot longer than I thought he would. Great to see.
Totally agree. Hard work and dedication. He looks and plays like a pro FB player. Plus, he's got some swag. I never really appreciated it when he was an Aggie because I thought it was something he picked up from BYU.
These users thanked the author El Sapo for the post:
aggies22

WAAggie

Post by WAAggie » January 4th, 2022, 5:02 pm

Last game I’ll ever see in Provo had him dancing on top of the bench. Too bad we could not hang on for a win that night. Zoobies were unhappy with his antics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » January 4th, 2022, 6:33 pm

Leavitt has done well for himself to stay in the league. He is completing his fourth year as an NFL football player, which is longer than the average years of service (3.3 years). His stats this year are the best of his career and his playing time seems to be expanding, which one would assume he will play at least one more year.

Leavitt has made over $2M playing football, which is not too shabby. ( https://overthecap.com/player/dallin-leavitt/7630/ ). He is obviously working hard and doing what he needs to do to stay employed. And he has been blessed with good health to keep him on a roster. Every year the pool of people looking to take your job gets bigger.

I thought James Brindley would have had a chance for a career similar to Leavitt but he didn't get his shot. I think he was injured? They were similar players.

Eutaw St. Aggie

slcagg

Post by slcagg » January 4th, 2022, 6:50 pm

WAAggie wrote:
January 4th, 2022, 5:02 pm
Last game I’ll ever see in Provo had him dancing on top of the bench. Too bad we could not hang on for a win that night. Zoobies were unhappy with his antics Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
To this day byu fans are still sour if you mention his name.

Hoot

Post by Hoot » January 11th, 2022, 9:09 pm

Yossarian wrote:
January 4th, 2022, 6:33 pm
Leavitt has done well for himself to stay in the league. He is completing his fourth year as an NFL football player, which is longer than the average years of service (3.3 years). His stats this year are the best of his career and his playing time seems to be expanding, which one would assume he will play at least one more year.

Leavitt has made over $2M playing football, which is not too shabby. ( https://overthecap.com/player/dallin-leavitt/7630/ ). He is obviously working hard and doing what he needs to do to stay employed. And he has been blessed with good health to keep him on a roster. Every year the pool of people looking to take your job gets bigger.

I thought James Brindley would have had a chance for a career similar to Leavitt but he didn't get his shot. I think he was injured? They were similar players.
Didn’t JB sign on with the Hawks for a bit?

“My hypocrisy goes only so far.”

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » January 11th, 2022, 9:52 pm

I thought Mckade Brady was similar and vastly underrated.. I similarly thought the same of Gaje. I didn’t think any of them would so much in the nfl.

Honestly I’m surprised Dallin has lasted this long. I think he’s defied the odds. Certainly a great Aggie.

OKAggie

Post by OKAggie » January 12th, 2022, 7:53 am

IIRC, Dallin wasn't even offered an undrafted free agent contract at first, but was just invited to whatever they call the next tier after that -- basically a "surprise us" camp for a weekend after the draft and UFA signings. He did surprise them, then was invited to regular camp, then made the practice squad and stayed there for two seasons, I think.

Based solely on expectations, he's done more with less than any Aggie I can remember (except maybe Pat Scales).

Nobody here knows anything.

Aggie in Boise

Post by Aggie in Boise » January 12th, 2022, 4:07 pm

El Sapo wrote:
January 4th, 2022, 10:52 am

Paternity test or genealogy?
These users thanked the author Aggie in Boise for the post:
aggies22

"We've upped our standards, so UP YOURS." Unknown

Locked Previous topicNext topic