Pitchers and Catchers

Big Blue's House is intended for general sports talk, sharing ideas, announcements, etc.
Yossarian

Pitchers and Catchers

Post by Yossarian » December 13th, 2021, 1:23 pm

For those that struggle through the winter, just remember -- pitchers and catchers report in two months.

There is baseball on the way (assuming we get through the current work stoppage and a new collective bargaining agreement happens with the player's association and owners.

I'm biding my time until the Orioles are competitive once again. I'm think we turn the corner in 2023, push for a playoff spot in 2024 and push for a post-season run in 2025. The farm system is improving. It will be interesting watching the young guys get called up and develop.

Eutaw St. Aggie

sam tingey
Pick'em Champ - '13, '16 FB Predict the Score; '17, '18 Bowl

Re: Pitchers and Catchers

Post by sam tingey » December 13th, 2021, 1:47 pm

Yossarian wrote:
December 13th, 2021, 1:23 pm
For those that struggle through the winter, just remember -- pitchers and catchers report in two months.

There is baseball on the way (assuming we get through the current work stoppage and a new collective bargaining agreement happens with the player's association and owners.

I'm biding my time until the Orioles are competitive once again. I'm think we turn the corner in 2023, push for a playoff spot in 2024 and push for a post-season run in 2025. The farm system is improving. It will be interesting watching the young guys get called up and develop.
Or you can have a completely surprising season like the Giants did in 2021! no one saw that coming
These users thanked the author sam tingey for the post:
AGinNEIowa

aggieguy13

Post by aggieguy13 » December 13th, 2021, 1:50 pm

Gotta say, the offseason is a lot more tolerable when you have World Series highlights to pass the time.

I've probably watched this a thousand times over the past month.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » December 13th, 2021, 1:52 pm

sam tingey wrote:
December 13th, 2021, 1:47 pm
Yossarian wrote:
December 13th, 2021, 1:23 pm

Or you can have a completely surprising season like the Giants did in 2021! no one saw that coming
That was a crazy year, for sure. When you look at the average age of their core group of players and the contribution they got from fringe players, that was amazing. They got Gausman (and Mike Yastrzemski) from Baltimore. The O's have a way of giving up on pitchers only to have them approach Cy Young level of play for another team (they did the same thing with Jake Arrieta who went to the Cubs and won a World Series and a Cy Young award).

I'm not expecting anything but to be both entertained and frustrated next year and to see some progress. 2024 is when the re-build must take form or there will be an uprising in Charm City.
These users thanked the author Yossarian for the post:
sam tingey

Eutaw St. Aggie

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » December 13th, 2021, 1:53 pm

aggieguy13 wrote:
December 13th, 2021, 1:50 pm
Gotta say, the offseason is a lot more tolerable when you have World Series highlights to pass the time.

I've probably watched this a thousand times over the past month.
I found myself watching a replay of the 1994 MLB All Star Game yesterday. I don't know what that says about me (or what it says about the NFL).

That hit by Soler, though.... wow.
These users thanked the author Yossarian for the post:
aggieguy13

Eutaw St. Aggie

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » December 15th, 2021, 7:15 pm

I grew up liking the Os before the Nats came in. Mussina, Scott Erickson, Rafael Palmiero, Will Clark, Robbie Alomar, Albert Bell. Those were the days of Baltimore baseball

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » December 16th, 2021, 9:35 pm

Oh, this thread is about baseball.
These users thanked the author brownjeans for the post:
sam tingey

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » December 17th, 2021, 11:31 am

Imakeitrain wrote:
December 15th, 2021, 7:15 pm
I grew up liking the Os before the Nats came in. Mussina, Scott Erickson, Rafael Palmiero, Will Clark, Robbie Alomar, Albert Bell. Those were the days of Baltimore baseball
Those were good days.

My fandom extends back even further than that. Back to the Ripken, Murray, Dempsey, Singleton, Roenicke, Bumbry, Palmer (later years of Palmer), Stone, Boddiker, Martinez days. They heyday for the organization was in the 60's and early 70's -- before my time.

Eutaw St. Aggie

Locked Previous topicNext topic