Ridgeline fans

Big Blue's House is intended for general sports talk, sharing ideas, announcements, etc.
Aggieup2
Has thanked: 0

Ridgeline fans

Post by Aggieup2 » November 13th, 2021, 12:28 pm

As an Aggie with deep Cache Valley roots and a grandson playing for Dixie HS, I looked forward to attending yesterday's 4A championship game against Ridgeline HS. Sorry Dixie lost but they lost to a far better team.

However the RL fans, students and administrators should be ashamed of their behavior. No words left unsaid, no gestures not preformed.

Spare me any retaliatory comments about prudishness or old fashioned out of touch.

Been around long enough to recognize bad fan behavior when I see it.

Agzrule

Re: Ridgeline fans

Post by Agzrule » November 13th, 2021, 12:36 pm

This is Aggie related how?
These users thanked the author Agzrule for the post (total 2):
IntermeddlerHoot

Elkaggie

Post by Elkaggie » November 13th, 2021, 3:19 pm

Aggieup2 wrote:
November 13th, 2021, 12:28 pm
As an Aggie with deep Cache Valley roots and a grandson playing for Dixie HS, I looked forward to attending yesterday's 4A championship game against Ridgeline HS. Sorry Dixie lost but they lost to a far better team.

However the RL fans, students and administrators should be ashamed of their behavior. No words left unsaid, no gestures not preformed.

Spare me any retaliatory comments about prudishness or old fashioned out of touch.

Been around long enough to recognize bad fan behavior when I see it.
Maybe be more specific I was there.

There were a couple of chants that were not good but they were actually started my some corner canyon students that were there and not the Ridgeline student body.

Hoot

Post by Hoot » November 13th, 2021, 4:55 pm

Agzrule wrote:
November 13th, 2021, 12:36 pm
This is Aggie related how?
Well you know there’s… it’s… they’re both in Utah.

“My hypocrisy goes only so far.”

Ahbye

Post by Ahbye » November 13th, 2021, 7:22 pm

Discipline problems plague most of the valley high schools with younger coaches. Lotta personal fouls on the field, inappropriate chants off the field.
These users thanked the author Ahbye for the post:
aggies22

MWCFAN12

Post by MWCFAN12 » November 13th, 2021, 8:23 pm

If you are going to attack a entire school and community maybe you should be more specific.

1TruAggie

Post by 1TruAggie » November 13th, 2021, 10:02 pm

Lame. Get this crap outa here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChicagoAggie

Post by ChicagoAggie » November 13th, 2021, 10:35 pm

Logan High is the only championship school in town!

QuackAttackAggie
Pick'em Champ - '12, '22 Bowl; '15, '17 Weekly; '18 BB Predict the Score; '22 Kickoff

Post by QuackAttackAggie » November 14th, 2021, 12:32 am

I've heard from teachers at three of the CV schools that the students are basically walking trash. Racist, misogynistic, disrespectful, and unmotivated. It's not the worst place in the world but I certainly won't let my kids go to school in the valley if even half the stories are true.

apo

Post by apo » November 14th, 2021, 12:43 am

I loved my time teaching in the valley. It wasn’t perfect but I would definitely raise my kids there. There are some phenomenal staff at CV schools
These users thanked the author apo for the post:
AggieFBObsession

QuackAttackAggie
Pick'em Champ - '12, '22 Bowl; '15, '17 Weekly; '18 BB Predict the Score; '22 Kickoff

Post by QuackAttackAggie » November 14th, 2021, 12:58 am

apo wrote:I loved my time teaching in the valley. It wasn’t perfect but I would definitely raise my kids there. There are some phenomenal staff at CV schools
Yeah they said this was a new development in the last 3-4 years

Elkaggie

Post by Elkaggie » November 14th, 2021, 1:35 am

QuackAttackAggie wrote:
November 14th, 2021, 12:32 am
I've heard from teachers at three of the CV schools that the students are basically walking trash. Racist, misogynistic, disrespectful, and unmotivated. It's not the worst place in the world but I certainly won't let my kids go to school in the valley if even half the stories are true.

I hope you are joking.

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » November 14th, 2021, 1:38 am

Can this thread be moved it has nothing to do with Aggie football.
These users thanked the author Aggie84025 for the post (total 2):
MrBiggleapo

stwinward

Post by stwinward » November 14th, 2021, 8:41 am

QuackAttackAggie wrote:

As with all things in life, you'll find what you look for. Are there problems? Likely so, sadly just like in our overall population. However, there are also some of the most respectful and amazing young people attending these same schools.

tbadge

Post by tbadge » November 14th, 2021, 9:26 am

QuackAttackAggie wrote:

This is such a lazy and malformed take on the students in the valley. You’re putting all the kids, and parents, in the valley into this bucket and it’s the furthest thing from the truth. There are issues but it’s not even close to what you describe.

In your post you called out my 4 kids and essentially said they’re walking trash. I can assuredly tell you this doesn’t fit your, or your teacher friends, narrative. This isn’t a cool take and in my opinion pretty offensive to do what you did.
These users thanked the author tbadge for the post:
USU78

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » November 14th, 2021, 9:34 am

QuackAttackAggie wrote:I've heard from teachers at three of the CV schools that the students are basically walking trash. Racist, misogynistic, disrespectful, and unmotivated. It's not the worst place in the world but I certainly won't let my kids go to school in the valley if even half the stories are true.

Nothing like painting with a BROAD brush the entire valley and thousands of people based on unsubstantiated rumors. Well done.

These users thanked the author 2004AG for the post (total 3):
AggieFBObsessionUSU78NowhereLandAggie

Hoot

Post by Hoot » November 14th, 2021, 9:36 am

QuackAttackAggie wrote:

They poured beer on my family.
These users thanked the author Hoot for the post (total 2):
coolagStanfordAggie

“My hypocrisy goes only so far.”

coolag

Post by coolag » November 14th, 2021, 9:38 am

QuackAttackAggie wrote:

And these days teachers are basically lazy, entitled, and not motivated to make a difference because they are too busy whining about how underpaid they are. See how that works? Teachers blaming everything on students is the biggest cop out there is. Sounds like the Cache Valley schools have too many whiny byu grad teachers to me.
These users thanked the author coolag for the post:
Hoot

Regulator of Class

aggiesdidwhat

Post by aggiesdidwhat » November 14th, 2021, 9:41 am

How does any of this trash belong here? This is related to Aggie football?

QuackAttackAggie

Ridgeline fans

Post by QuackAttackAggie » November 14th, 2021, 9:42 am

tbadge wrote:
QuackAttackAggie wrote:

This is such a lazy and malformed take on the students in the valley. You’re putting all the kids, and parents, in the valley into this bucket and it’s the furthest thing from the truth. There are issues but it’s not even close to what you describe.

In your post you called out my 4 kids and essentially said they’re walking trash. I can assuredly tell you this doesn’t fit your, or your teacher friends, narrative. This isn’t a cool take and in my opinion pretty offensive to do what you did.
I was specifically talking about your kids, yes. Obviously. You don't even know what three schools I'm talking about but couldn't wait to be a victim.

It's clearly a problem in Utah. A 10 year old killed herself due to bullying based on race. 10!

coolag

Post by coolag » November 14th, 2021, 9:57 am

aggiesdidwhat wrote:
November 14th, 2021, 9:41 am
How does any of this trash belong here? This is related to Aggie football?
Because the cartels and byu grad teachers have obviously taken over cache valley. This is a real problem because drug Lords like the wrong kind of football and byu grads are well.....byu fans usually.

Regulator of Class

tbadge

Post by tbadge » November 14th, 2021, 10:20 am

QuackAttackAggie wrote:
November 14th, 2021, 9:42 am
tbadge wrote:
QuackAttackAggie wrote:

I was specifically talking about your kids, yes. Obviously. You don't even know what three schools I'm talking about but couldn't wait to be a victim.

It's clearly a problem in Utah. A 10 year old killed herself due to bullying based on race. 10!

Please do tell what are the names of the three schools. If it’s as prevalent in 3 of the 8 HS’s (maybe I shouldn’t assume you’re talking HS’s) there are in the valley it’s bound to be everywhere in the valley, right?

I never said there weren’t issues that needed to be addressed or fixed. It’s horrible that young kids, not just in UT, are being bullied whether it’s based on race, looks, beliefs, etc. and commit suicide. The big question is how do we as a society help resolve this.

Painting with a broad brush and calling 3 of the valley school students ‘walking trash’ actually doesn’t help take any steps towards trying to help solve the problem. That’s the bigger thing we need to do instead of point fingers at everything or everyone and hope for a solution.

CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos » November 14th, 2021, 10:30 am

QuackAttackAggie wrote:I've heard from teachers at three of the CV schools that the students are basically walking trash. Racist, misogynistic, disrespectful, and unmotivated. It's not the worst place in the world but I certainly won't let my kids go to school in the valley if even half the stories are true.

I would venture a guess that these are BYU grad teachers clutching their pearls and talking about all schools except for the one either they teach at, or where their children go to school.

QuackAttackAggie

Ridgeline fans

Post by QuackAttackAggie » November 14th, 2021, 10:32 am

CaptainChaos wrote:

I would venture a guess that these are BYU grad teachers clutching their pearls and talking about all schools except for the one either they teach at, or where their children go to school.

All three grads from cache valley schools and usu alumns, none have kids in school

Edit: check that. One went to usu but transfered elsewhere. Not Byu (not lds)

Elkaggie

Post by Elkaggie » November 14th, 2021, 10:41 am

QuackAttackAggie wrote:
tbadge wrote:
QuackAttackAggie wrote:

My goodness, this a bad take and look. The girl that killed herself wasn’t in CV. I can’t believe you are seriously arguing this point or even dragging her into this. I am speechless.

QuackAttackAggie

Ridgeline fans

Post by QuackAttackAggie » November 14th, 2021, 11:15 am

Elkaggie wrote:
QuackAttackAggie wrote:
tbadge wrote:
QuackAttackAggie wrote:

My goodness, this a bad take and look. The girl that killed herself wasn’t in CV. I can’t believe you are seriously arguing this point or even dragging her into this. I am speechless.
One, I said it's an issue in utah. Two, racism is just as prevalent in CV as it is in Salt Lake City. If you can't see the relation to my post, that's on you.

Swastikas at Logan https://www.cachevalleydaily.com/news/a ... rking-lot/

Full sandbox here: A 17-year resident of Cache Valley, Hunt said her family has heard racist comments here and there, but the past 15 months have been different.

“Since Trump got elected, my girls have been called n--- — twice walking home from school,” Hunt said.

Reports of racist comments and harassment rose sharply in Utah schools in the week following the Nov. 8, 2016, election.

https://www.idahostatejournal.com/news/ ... 77ead.html

One of the stories I heard was at Mountain Crest a group students held arms the day after the election in front of the school doors and wouldn't let mexican students in. Obviously we are talking 5-10 out of 1,000 but it's an increasing problem.

Last edited by QuackAttackAggie on November 14th, 2021, 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

MWCFAN12

Post by MWCFAN12 » November 14th, 2021, 11:16 am

Aggie84025 wrote:
November 14th, 2021, 1:38 am
Can this thread be moved it has nothing to do with Aggie football.
I can get it moved in three words.

LET'S GO BRANDON
These users thanked the author MWCFAN12 for the post:
Hoot

USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

Post by USU78 » November 14th, 2021, 11:49 am

You guys suck
These users thanked the author USU78 for the post:
Hoot

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

YouEssYou

Post by YouEssYou » November 14th, 2021, 12:00 pm

QuackAttackAggie wrote:

I'll bet all of your teacher friends are candidates for "teacher of the year" if they have the attitude that they are teaching "walking trash". Your comment says a lot about you and your teacher friends.
These users thanked the author YouEssYou for the post:
2004AG

MWCFAN12

Post by MWCFAN12 » November 14th, 2021, 12:40 pm

YouEssYou wrote:
November 14th, 2021, 12:00 pm
QuackAttackAggie wrote:

I'll bet all of your teacher friends are candidates for "teacher of the year" if they have the attitude that they are teaching "walking trash". Your comment says a lot about you and your teacher friends.

I agree with half of this post. 100% You should not be teaching if you think the kids are walking trash. However I believe there are a lot of teachers who shouldn't be teaching or coaching.

Quack Attack is usually a pretty level headed poster.

frankiesaysrelax

Post by frankiesaysrelax » November 14th, 2021, 12:46 pm

Every older generation claims the younger generation isn’t worth anything and has issues. It’s a matter of perspective and how you want to see the future. I know my generation had asshats that would have acted like asshats no matter what the issues of the day were.

LarryTheAggie

Post by LarryTheAggie » November 14th, 2021, 12:50 pm

frankiesaysrelax wrote:
November 14th, 2021, 12:46 pm
Every older generation claims the younger generation isn’t worth anything and has issues. It’s a matter of perspective and how you want to see the future. I know my generation had asshats that would have acted like asshats no matter what the issues of the day were.
I can tell you that if high school kids now are anything like me when I was 16 ... we are all screwed.
These users thanked the author LarryTheAggie for the post:
MWCFAN12

MWCFAN12

Post by MWCFAN12 » November 14th, 2021, 12:55 pm

LarryTheAggie wrote:
November 14th, 2021, 12:50 pm
frankiesaysrelax wrote:
I can tell you that if high school kids now are anything like me when I was 16 ... we are all screwed.
Me too. We all did dumb stuff at that age. The stakes are just higher now. Social media, ❄ parenting, over zealous administration and people flat out trying to destroy kids instead of helping them become better people.

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » November 14th, 2021, 12:57 pm

Once again, can this be moved to the sandbox it has nothing to do with Aggie football. If you want hash out race things take it to sandbox.
These users thanked the author Aggie84025 for the post:
MWCFAN12

QuackAttackAggie

Post by QuackAttackAggie » November 14th, 2021, 1:30 pm

LarryTheAggie wrote:
frankiesaysrelax wrote:
100% and I think bullying is less tolerated and kids are more inclusive, generally, across the board. I do think rural pockets struggle more than others and unfortunately I think CV is one of those right now. I love Logan but it can definitely be a bubble, not unlike provo for college.

Locked Previous topicNext topic