Ridgeline fans

Big Blue's House is intended for general sports talk, sharing ideas, announcements, etc.
LarryTheAggie

Re: Ridgeline fans

Post by LarryTheAggie » November 14th, 2021, 2:02 pm

QuackAttackAggie wrote:
November 14th, 2021, 1:30 pm
LarryTheAggie wrote:
frankiesaysrelax wrote:
November 14th, 2021, 12:46 pm
Every older generation claims the younger generation isn’t worth anything and has issues. It’s a matter of perspective and how you want to see the future. I know my generation had asshats that would have acted like asshats no matter what the issues of the day were.
I can tell you that if high school kids now are anything like me when I was 16 ... we are all screwed.
100% and I think bullying is less tolerated and kids are more inclusive, generally, across the board. I do think rural pockets struggle more than others and unfortunately I think CV is one of those right now. I love Logan but it can definitely be a bubble, not unlike provo for college.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I hate to contribute to this stupid conversation but...
Not a rural issue, or a Utah issue, or an issue that is isolated to areas that have a lot of Trump voters. My local high school in the DC suburbs in Maryland(not at all rural and absolutely not a Trump stronghold) was just in the news for chanting racist things at games. It happens everywhere(that does not make it okay), some people just have cognitive dissonance unless it fits their preferred narative.

Now please move this to the sandbox!
These users thanked the author LarryTheAggie for the post (total 2):
gomretatslcagg

slcagg

Post by slcagg » November 14th, 2021, 2:25 pm

QuackAttackAggie wrote:
LarryTheAggie wrote:
frankiesaysrelax wrote:
Every older generation claims the younger generation isn’t worth anything and has issues. It’s a matter of perspective and how you want to see the future. I know my generation had asshats that would have acted like asshats no matter what the issues of the day were.
I can tell you that if high school kids now are anything like me when I was 16 ... we are all screwed.
100% and I think bullying is less tolerated and kids are more inclusive, generally, across the board. I do think rural pockets struggle more than others and unfortunately I think CV is one of those right now. I love Logan but it can definitely be a bubble, not unlike provo for college.

Let’s complain about judging a book by its cover /painting with a broad brush…by judging a book by its cover/painting with a broad brush.

gomretat

Post by gomretat » November 14th, 2021, 2:55 pm

LarryTheAggie wrote:
November 14th, 2021, 2:02 pm
QuackAttackAggie wrote:
LarryTheAggie wrote:
frankiesaysrelax wrote:

I hate to contribute to this stupid conversation but...
Not a rural issue, or a Utah issue, or an issue that is isolated to areas that have a lot of Trump voters. My local high school in the DC suburbs in Maryland(not at all rural and absolutely not a Trump stronghold) was just in the news for chanting racist things at games. It happens everywhere(that does not make it okay), some people just have cognitive dissonance unless it fits their preferred narative.

Now please move this to the sandbox!
Amen to everything LTA said.

RigAggie

Post by RigAggie » November 15th, 2021, 11:41 am

QuackAttackAggie wrote:
November 14th, 2021, 12:32 am
I've heard from teachers at three of the CV schools that the students are basically walking trash. Racist, misogynistic, disrespectful, and unmotivated. It's not the worst place in the world but I certainly won't let my kids go to school in the valley if even half the stories are true.

I was going to let this comment go and not respond, but after stewing about it yesterday, I want to respond. You may not realize but some of the posters in this forum actually have children that attend Ridgeline. When you repeat "Things I've heard" from teachers at the other Schools please keep those bias comments to yourself. I know all 4 principals at the Cache County School District personally and can say that there are good and bad students at every School. To insinuate that all of them as "Walking Trash, Racist, Misogynistic, Disrespectful and Unmotivated is a VERY IGNORANT statement and I take that personally as an attack. Do you have any idea of the academic standards in each of our High Schools? Do you realize how many 4.0 students and excellent staff work at these Schools? No one that I know of like to hear that their children are basically the scum of Cache Valley, do you?

May I recommend that you think before posting such hateful comments to those who love this valley, love the Aggies and are proud of their School?

Thanks for letting me spout.
These users thanked the author RigAggie for the post (total 3):
YouEssYouslcaggAggie84025

LoveMyAggies

Post by LoveMyAggies » November 15th, 2021, 3:34 pm

I have family who never went to ybu, and they either went to usu or never went to college, and their spouses went to usu. This is my simple perspective, some are involved in school districts, and I get the heavy impression that they think USU and their alumni is lesser quality people. Somehow the closet ybu fans and ybu fans have infected the Aggie faithful with a bunch of nonsense. I have been told that I wasn't good enough academically to go to ybu, and I should regardless support ybu because they are the church's school. Or whatever. A very real part of the problem IMHO is the mentality ybu and their alumni pervade onto the rest of the state.

This creates psychological issues all the way around. Furthermore, if the ybu group was so wonderful, they would be out there creating peace, vs tossing garbage at others they're not happy with. Is the Aggie fan base perfect?? nope, and I don't think we've ever said such.

I just wish there was more class when teams win and lose. I also believe that the players are great ambassadors for the University, and they should be supported in their efforts to include the youth and fans in the positive direction our athletics programs are headed.

When you hear a ybu supporter making statements, and it doesn't feel right, stand up to them, and tell them their comments are not appreciated. This division has damaged many people's lives, perpetrated by the ybu holier than thou influence. It's sickening as I have traveled around the country, to see how their programs have infected non-utah people, into believing ybu is some great place to be, I'm sorry but that can't be further from the truth.

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » November 15th, 2021, 5:40 pm

LoveMyAggies wrote:
November 15th, 2021, 3:34 pm
I have family who never went to ybu, and they either went to usu or never went to college, and their spouses went to usu. This is my simple perspective, some are involved in school districts, and I get the heavy impression that they think USU and their alumni is lesser quality people. Somehow the closet ybu fans and ybu fans have infected the Aggie faithful with a bunch of nonsense. I have been told that I wasn't good enough academically to go to ybu, and I should regardless support ybu because they are the church's school. Or whatever. A very real part of the problem IMHO is the mentality ybu and their alumni pervade onto the rest of the state.

This creates psychological issues all the way around. Furthermore, if the ybu group was so wonderful, they would be out there creating peace, vs tossing garbage at others they're not happy with. Is the Aggie fan base perfect?? nope, and I don't think we've ever said such.

I just wish there was more class when teams win and lose. I also believe that the players are great ambassadors for the University, and they should be supported in their efforts to include the youth and fans in the positive direction our athletics programs are headed.

When you hear a ybu supporter making statements, and it doesn't feel right, stand up to them, and tell them their comments are not appreciated. This division has damaged many people's lives, perpetrated by the ybu holier than thou influence. It's sickening as I have traveled around the country, to see how their programs have infected non-utah people, into believing ybu is some great place to be, I'm sorry but that can't be further from the truth.
Everytime we play byu, I get into it with someone because I refuse to allow them to talk to me or other fans in this manner.

QuackAttackAggie
Pick'em Champ - '12, '22 Bowl; '15, '17 Weekly; '18 BB Predict the Score; '22 Kickoff

Ridgeline fans

Post by QuackAttackAggie » November 15th, 2021, 8:05 pm

RigAggie wrote:
QuackAttackAggie wrote:
November 14th, 2021, 12:32 am
I've heard from teachers at three of the CV schools that the students are basically walking trash. Racist, misogynistic, disrespectful, and unmotivated. It's not the worst place in the world but I certainly won't let my kids go to school in the valley if even half the stories are true.

I was going to let this comment go and not respond, but after stewing about it yesterday, I want to respond. You may not realize but some of the posters in this forum actually have children that attend Ridgeline. When you repeat "Things I've heard" from teachers at the other Schools please keep those bias comments to yourself. I know all 4 principals at the Cache County School District personally and can say that there are good and bad students at every School. To insinuate that all of them as "Walking Trash, Racist, Misogynistic, Disrespectful and Unmotivated is a VERY IGNORANT statement and I take that personally as an attack. Do you have any idea of the academic standards in each of our High Schools? Do you realize how many 4.0 students and excellent staff work at these Schools? No one that I know of like to hear that their children are basically the scum of Cache Valley, do you?

May I recommend that you think before posting such hateful comments to those who love this valley, love the Aggies and are proud of their School?

Thanks for letting me spout.
I'm sorry I offended you. I wasn't saying there are zero redeemable children in cache valley. It was obvious to me that I wasn't talking about honors kids or (or even normal non-honors kids, who don't block Mexicans from entering or tear down anti-bullying posters while yelling gay slurs). That said, I did and said stupid ignorant stuff in high school and college too. I didn't realize it at the time and I changed my behavior. I'm sure many of these kids will do the same.

RigAggie

Post by RigAggie » November 16th, 2021, 6:53 am

Thanks for your apology. I too did many stupid things in my youth. The great basketball coach John Wooden said, "Young people need models, not critics."
These users thanked the author RigAggie for the post:
slcagg

Locked Previous topicNext topic