TAMU FB field - We should do this

Big Blue's House is intended for general sports talk, sharing ideas, announcements, etc.
USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

Re: TAMU FB field - We should do this

Post by USU78 » September 12th, 2021, 7:18 pm

Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
September 12th, 2021, 6:11 pm
USU78 wrote:
September 12th, 2021, 6:00 pm
September 12th, 2021, 5:08 pm
USU78 wrote:
September 12th, 2021, 4:41 pm
The DNC booed the color guard the DNC invited to present the colors to the DNC.

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/os ... story.html

How is this confusing?
The last Republican president and who will be their 2024 nominee just last week praised an American traitor whose army killed 100,000's of American soldiers. Not only that, but hilariously claimed this traitor would have won the war in Afghanistan. Obviously this is ahistorical nonsense, but it is obviously flat out Anti-American. If you want to say a General from the past would have had more success in Afghanistan, bring up Ulysses S Grant, the American hero who defeated that traitor along with 2 other armies, not the treasonous loser who was defeated.

Not only that, but 120 members of the House GOP voted to keep 120 statues of traitors in the US Capitol. So yeah it isn't confusing. If you support traitors, you are the last people who should patriotic virtue signal.
Such fancies. The issue at hand was DNC hatred of the stars and stripes. Which has passed into legend it's been around so long.

And you should be tickled the situational Republican* Former Prez praised both the Democrat General of the Democrat Confederation of States and its Democrat battle flag. Since you're so interested in history.
Actually the Confederacy didn't have political parties, but yes the Democratic Party of the 1800's was absolutely garbage. Imagine if George C McClellan had won the 1864 election? Yeesh!!

This thread didn't have to get political and was about what USU should do to honor veterans in the future. I probably would just accept that all Aggies who post on here love their country and don't try to do some patriotic virtue signaling. Threads like this don't always have to be moved to the sandbox.
It was inevitable, and neither you nor I started it's Sandbox-bound argument.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » September 12th, 2021, 8:01 pm

USU78 wrote:
September 12th, 2021, 7:18 pm
USU78 wrote:
USU78 wrote:

How is this confusing?
The last Republican president and who will be their 2024 nominee just last week praised an American traitor whose army killed 100,000's of American soldiers. Not only that, but hilariously claimed this traitor would have won the war in Afghanistan. Obviously this is ahistorical nonsense, but it is obviously flat out Anti-American. If you want to say a General from the past would have had more success in Afghanistan, bring up Ulysses S Grant, the American hero who defeated that traitor along with 2 other armies, not the treasonous loser who was defeated.

Not only that, but 120 members of the House GOP voted to keep 120 statues of traitors in the US Capitol. So yeah it isn't confusing. If you support traitors, you are the last people who should patriotic virtue signal.
Such fancies. The issue at hand was DNC hatred of the stars and stripes. Which has passed into legend it's been around so long.

And you should be tickled the situational Republican* Former Prez praised both the Democrat General of the Democrat Confederation of States and its Democrat battle flag. Since you're so interested in history.
Actually the Confederacy didn't have political parties, but yes the Democratic Party of the 1800's was absolutely garbage. Imagine if George C McClellan had won the 1864 election? Yeesh!!

This thread didn't have to get political and was about what USU should do to honor veterans in the future. I probably would just accept that all Aggies who post on here love their country and don't try to do some patriotic virtue signaling. Threads like this don't always have to be moved to the sandbox.
That is true. Threads like these are hard to avoid getting political which is too bad since I don't think anyone on here was disagreeing with what ViAggie was proposing for the field.

TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY

Post by TheAKAggie » September 12th, 2021, 8:37 pm

USU78 wrote:
USU78 wrote:
USU78 wrote:

How is this confusing?

That is true. Threads like these are hard to avoid getting political which is too bad since I don't think anyone on here was disagreeing with what ViAggie was proposing for the field.
I do. I hate the disrespect the flag gets by being thrown into decals, tattered flying on trucks, as shorts, and placed into fields.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hail Aggies!

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » September 12th, 2021, 8:46 pm

TheAKAggie wrote:
September 12th, 2021, 8:37 pm
USU78 wrote:
USU78 wrote:
USU78 wrote:

How is this confusing?

I do. I hate the disrespect the flag gets by being thrown into decals, tattered flying on trucks, as shorts, and placed into fields.

And that is certainly a fair point.

What about a Jon Voight Day at Romney Stadium, would that be ok?

TheAKAggie

Post by TheAKAggie » September 12th, 2021, 8:59 pm

TheAKAggie wrote:
USU78 wrote:
USU78 wrote:
USU78 wrote:

How is this confusing?

The Dentist or the absent father?

These users thanked the author TheAKAggie for the post:
Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Hail Aggies!

Gretsch

Post by Gretsch » September 12th, 2021, 9:05 pm

Best check the dental records to make sure you get the right one.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author Gretsch for the post:
Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » September 12th, 2021, 9:14 pm

TheAKAggie wrote:
September 12th, 2021, 8:59 pm
TheAKAggie wrote:
USU78 wrote:
USU78 wrote:
USU78 wrote:

How is this confusing?

I don't think you would be hesitant if I proposed a Liam Neeson day!

TheAKAggie

Post by TheAKAggie » September 13th, 2021, 8:07 am

TheAKAggie wrote:
TheAKAggie wrote:
USU78 wrote:
USU78 wrote:
USU78 wrote:

How is this confusing?

No, no, no. Now that’s taking it to far.

*Reindeer sausage to whomever gets that reference.

Hail Aggies!

calaggie

Post by calaggie » September 13th, 2021, 12:18 pm

Yossarian wrote:
September 12th, 2021, 4:24 pm
swordsman1989 wrote:
September 12th, 2021, 1:41 pm
The sarcastic comments remind of the social media meme that shows an American flag and claiming that FB and "liberals" find it offensive. I hang with an extremely left leaning and liberal crowd, probably far more left leaning than most of you have ever met (I did grow up in a liberal New England Ivy League college town and I now live in "socialist" Denmark), and I have yet to meet anyone who is the least bit offended by a display of the American flag. Not one person at all.
I've met plenty here in California. There have been kids sent home from school to change their shirts that had an American flag on it when worn on Cinco de Mayo.

I had a 20-year Navy vet tell me he could finally fly the flag again at his house now that Trump was out of office. He didn't want anyone to think he was linked to those redneck Trump supporters that drove around with a flag flying in the back of their pickup trucks.
I live in California, and I haven’t met any. As a matter of fact, it’s just the opposite. Liberals are adamant about flying the flag because they don’t want trumpists/conservatives trying to take it as their exclusive symbol.

swordsman1989

Post by swordsman1989 » September 13th, 2021, 6:06 pm

TheAKAggie wrote:
September 13th, 2021, 8:07 am
TheAKAggie wrote:
TheAKAggie wrote:
USU78 wrote:
USU78 wrote:
USU78 wrote:

How is this confusing?

Which reference, Liam Neeson day, or the references to Jon Voight the dentist? If it is the latter, you are referencing George Costanza's purchase of Dr. Jon Voight's Chrysler LeBaron with the mistaken belief it belonged to Jon Voight the actor.

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » September 13th, 2021, 6:12 pm

calaggie wrote:
September 13th, 2021, 12:18 pm
Yossarian wrote:
swordsman1989 wrote:
The sarcastic comments remind of the social media meme that shows an American flag and claiming that FB and "liberals" find it offensive. I hang with an extremely left leaning and liberal crowd, probably far more left leaning than most of you have ever met (I did grow up in a liberal New England Ivy League college town and I now live in "socialist" Denmark), and I have yet to meet anyone who is the least bit offended by a display of the American flag. Not one person at all.
I've met plenty here in California. There have been kids sent home from school to change their shirts that had an American flag on it when worn on Cinco de Mayo.

I had a 20-year Navy vet tell me he could finally fly the flag again at his house now that Trump was out of office. He didn't want anyone to think he was linked to those redneck Trump supporters that drove around with a flag flying in the back of their pickup trucks.
I live in California, and I haven’t met any. As a matter of fact, it’s just the opposite. Liberals are adamant about flying the flag because they don’t want trumpists/conservatives trying to take it as their exclusive symbol.
Since my original thread go jacked and it's probably heading to the SB anyway, I'll tell a funny story. No joke, about a month ago I was walking out of my local CVS pharmacy and I see this jacked up truck with two flags on it, the American Flag and the Biden Flag, and at first I'm think it has to be one of those F**** Biden flags but nope, legit Biden Flag, and the dude was all decked out in Camo looking MAGA AF, and I was just laughing my a$$ off, I guess you can't judge a book at first glance. Was he being funny? Iduno, but I got a chuckle out of it.

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

TheAKAggie

Post by TheAKAggie » September 13th, 2021, 6:43 pm

swordsman1989 wrote:
TheAKAggie wrote:
September 13th, 2021, 8:07 am
TheAKAggie wrote:
TheAKAggie wrote:
USU78 wrote:
USU78 wrote:
USU78 wrote:

How is this confusing?

Which reference, Liam Neeson day, or the references to Jon Voight the dentist? If it is the latter, you are referencing George Costanza's purchase of Dr. Jon Voight's Chrysler LeBaron with the mistaken belief it belonged to Jon Voight the actor.
That one is easy. My “no, no, no” is a Liam Neison quote.

Hail Aggies!

trombone_ninja

Post by trombone_ninja » September 13th, 2021, 6:49 pm

ViAggie wrote:
September 13th, 2021, 6:12 pm
calaggie wrote:
Yossarian wrote:
swordsman1989 wrote:

Since my original thread go jacked and it's probably heading to the SB anyway, I'll tell a funny story. No joke, about a month ago I was walking out of my local CVS pharmacy and I see this jacked up truck with two flags on it, the American Flag and the Biden Flag, and at first I'm think it has to be one of those F**** Biden flags but nope, legit Biden Flag, and the dude was all decked out in Camo looking MAGA AF, and I was just laughing my a$$ off, I guess you can't judge a book at first glance. Was he being funny? Iduno, but I got a chuckle out of it.
It's not just the MAGA/Trumpers who get way too excited about politicians :lol: or maybe he actually thought it was a F*** Biden flag...? idk which would be funnier
These users thanked the author trombone_ninja for the post (total 2):
ViAggieAGinNEIowa

Will respond whenever you ask what the band is doing
Go Aggies!!!

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » September 13th, 2021, 8:50 pm

trombone_ninja wrote:
September 13th, 2021, 6:49 pm
ViAggie wrote:
September 13th, 2021, 6:12 pm
calaggie wrote:
Yossarian wrote:
swordsman1989 wrote:

It's not just the MAGA/Trumpers who get way too excited about politicians :lol: or maybe he actually thought it was a F*** Biden flag...? idk which would be funnier
No doubt

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

Locked Previous topicNext topic