Proud Dad here

Big Blue's House is intended for general sports talk, sharing ideas, announcements, etc.
ViAggie

Proud Dad here

Post by ViAggie » August 30th, 2021, 11:51 am

So my youngest son is playing his last year of Youth Football before he enters HS next year and will presumably end up on the Freshman team. In his game on Saturday Jr. II not only scored his first ever TD in a official game (he's scored before in previous seasons during scrimmages playing TB) but he scored the winning TD with about a minute left. Made this boys' week for sure. He's playing Tight End exclusively this year, switching from Linebacker, a position he's held in the previous 3 years he played youth FB. He's on a team with 36 kids so playing time at your 2nd position isn't likely. Needless to say, I think he enjoys making plays and scoring TDs more than he does sacking the QB. Sacks are good, but the glory comes from points on the board.
These users thanked the author ViAggie for the post (total 9):
ratofallaggiesAggie840253rdGenAggieslcaggthegreendalegelfAggiefan332004AGflying_scotsman2.0aggies22

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

brownjeans
Flatulent

Re: Proud Dad here

Post by brownjeans » August 30th, 2021, 12:33 pm

Not necessarily something I'm proud of, but a super cool moment for my 13-year-old son this weekend...
My son has a cast on his wrist from skateboarding spill a couple of weeks ago. Well Saturday he got Christian Hosoi and Steve Caballero to sign his cast. He was stoked - and so was I.
These users thanked the author brownjeans for the post (total 3):
ViAggieslcaggaggies22

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » August 30th, 2021, 1:43 pm

brownjeans wrote:
August 30th, 2021, 12:33 pm
Not necessarily something I'm proud of, but a super cool moment for my 13-year-old son this weekend...
My son has a cast on his wrist from skateboarding spill a couple of weeks ago. Well Saturday he got Christian Hosoi and Steve Caballero to sign his cast. He was stoked - and so was I.
That's awesome.

flying_scotsman2.0

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » August 30th, 2021, 6:35 pm

My 6-year-old jumped on the lunch table the other day and said said that he was going to stab his handguburger to death with his plastic fork. The janitor had to get after him. I'm proud of his enthusiasm, but not much else.
These users thanked the author flying_scotsman2.0 for the post (total 3):
ViAggieSaintAggieaggieguy13

3rdGenAggie
Pick'em Champ - '16 Kickoff

Post by 3rdGenAggie » August 30th, 2021, 6:42 pm

brownjeans wrote:
August 30th, 2021, 12:33 pm
Now that I know these are professional skateboarders (thanks Google), I'm very impressed!
These users thanked the author 3rdGenAggie for the post:
brownjeans

"I have no idea what I'm doing, but I know I'm doing it really, really well." -Andy Dwyer

blueblood

Post by blueblood » August 31st, 2021, 3:53 am

ViAggie wrote:So my youngest son is playing his last year of Youth Football before he enters HS next year and will presumably end up on the Freshman team. In his game on Saturday Jr. II not only scored his first ever TD in a official game (he's scored before in previous seasons during scrimmages playing TB) but he scored the winning TD with about a minute left. Made this boys' week for sure. He's playing Tight End exclusively this year, switching from Linebacker, a position he's held in the previous 3 years he played youth FB. He's on a team with 36 kids so playing time at your 2nd position isn't likely. Needless to say, I think he enjoys making plays and scoring TDs more than he does sacking the QB. Sacks are good, but the glory comes from points on the board.
Good on your boy!! That is awesome!!

As someone who has a ton of experience on the coaching/admin side of youth football, your boys coaches are saints!!! 36 kids on a team is BRUTAL. That should have been split. My ideal number for an 8th grade team is probably 20. I could never have 36. That team should have been split at 28 then you recruit more kids like crazy. It’s tough to give kids a good experience when you so many on one team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author blueblood for the post:
aggies22

sam tingey
Pick'em Champ - '13, '16 FB Predict the Score; '17, '18 Bowl

Post by sam tingey » August 31st, 2021, 6:29 am

Congrats Vi! and congrats to all the other proud dads.
These users thanked the author sam tingey for the post:
ViAggie

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » August 31st, 2021, 10:14 am

blueblood wrote:
August 31st, 2021, 3:53 am
ViAggie wrote:So my youngest son is playing his last year of Youth Football before he enters HS next year and will presumably end up on the Freshman team. In his game on Saturday Jr. II not only scored his first ever TD in a official game (he's scored before in previous seasons during scrimmages playing TB) but he scored the winning TD with about a minute left. Made this boys' week for sure. He's playing Tight End exclusively this year, switching from Linebacker, a position he's held in the previous 3 years he played youth FB. He's on a team with 36 kids so playing time at your 2nd position isn't likely. Needless to say, I think he enjoys making plays and scoring TDs more than he does sacking the QB. Sacks are good, but the glory comes from points on the board.
Good on your boy!! That is awesome!!

As someone who has a ton of experience on the coaching/admin side of youth football, your boys coaches are saints!!! 36 kids on a team is BRUTAL. That should have been split. My ideal number for an 8th grade team is probably 20. I could never have 36. That team should have been split at 28 then you recruit more kids like crazy. It’s tough to give kids a good experience when you so many on one team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
33 are currently eligible, the other 3 will have to qualify later (covid sucks). They couldn't split the team because they didn't have the coaching staff (covid really sucks bad). Yea, pretty brutal, but my boy is used to playing both ways most of the game, it's nice to see him get a break and be able to focus on one position.

Locked Previous topicNext topic