Amazon Prime - Thursday Night Football

Big Blue's House is intended for general sports talk, sharing ideas, announcements, etc.
Full

Amazon Prime - Thursday Night Football

Post by Full » March 23rd, 2021, 11:13 am

If you missed it Amazon Prime will be the exclusive host for 15 NFL Thursday Night Football games. This is part of the media deal that is almost doubling the NFL's TV deal. I think this model is growing going forward. It started with ESPN, then Facebook games for USU, and FloSports for some of the Independents. It will be interesting to see all of the upcoming media deals for the conferences. It also makes me think this may be the first sign about how bad it was for the AAC to lock into a long term deal.

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Re: Amazon Prime - Thursday Night Football

Post by ProvoAggie » March 23rd, 2021, 11:56 am

I honestly hate how fragmented the NFL's TV deal has become. You should be able to subscribe to 1 service and watch any game you want. They're getting record money but their TV deals have made me less likely to watch the NFL over the other professional sports in the US.

pilotaggie

Re: Amazon Prime - Thursday Night Football

Post by pilotaggie » March 23rd, 2021, 1:35 pm

Somehow tv is getting worse every year. Its like people complained about cable tv packages and then the network executives doubled down on proving how bad things could get.
These users thanked the author pilotaggie for the post:
ProvoAggie

This post is likely straight up poor sarcasm and cannot be taken seriously.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic