Best USU pranks

Big Blue's House is intended for general sports talk, sharing ideas, announcements, etc.
NowhereLandAggie

Best USU pranks

Post by NowhereLandAggie » March 19th, 2021, 4:47 pm

https://utahstatemagazine.usu.edu/look- ... VuHQ2bB8Qk

Mentions the water balloon incident. That one brought charges to the students that rigged the device, remembered a little differently here.

Last edited by NowhereLandAggie on March 19th, 2021, 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NowhereLandAggie

Re: Best USU pranks

Post by NowhereLandAggie » March 19th, 2021, 5:31 pm

Another classic one got the Beno club started. Never say "kids these days" too much, our great grandparents engaged in their own little shenanigans.
“One of the most memorable, though likely apocryphal, was a group of fellers in about 1913 who greased the trolley tracks that climbed to college hill from downtown up 5th north,” he says. “The episode [was] so infuriating [to] President John Widstoe that he disbanded all student clubs, declaring that there would be no clubs allowed on campus. The name stuck, and after Widstoe relented, one of the first clubs to reform became the BENO Club. They erected their so-called headstone outside the old Mechanic Arts Building south of Old Main, the same Block A that now sits at the northwest corner of Old Main.”

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » March 20th, 2021, 7:40 am

They must have taken that banner down right quick, because I was a Huntsman student in 2013 and have no recollection of this banner. But I guess it's possible I was just having classes elsewhere that day.

Stormblessed

Post by Stormblessed » April 9th, 2021, 2:41 pm

Encasing Paul Bunyan in concrete actually happened sometime around '97 or '98. I had a sister that may or may not have been involved in it. His leg got broke by the college of natural resources having to jack hammer to concrete apart to break him out.

My grandpa was in the college of forestry back around WW2. He said to retaliate against the college of engineering stealing Paul Bunyan, one year they snuck a cow into the 2nd floor office of the college of engineering dean's office and left it overnight.

USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

Post by USU78 » April 9th, 2021, 10:44 pm

Stormblessed wrote:
April 9th, 2021, 2:41 pm
Encasing Paul Bunyan in concrete actually happened sometime around '97 or '98. I had a sister that may or may not have been involved in it. His leg got broke by the college of natural resources having to jack hammer to concrete apart to break him out.

My grandpa was in the college of forestry back around WW2. He said to retaliate against the college of engineering stealing Paul Bunyan, one year they snuck a cow into the 2nd floor office of the college of engineering dean's office and left it overnight.
At least they didn't shoot the cow

like those d@mned kooks.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

mcaggie1

Post by mcaggie1 » April 10th, 2021, 8:27 am

In the early 70’s my little sister was attending USU. She and a few friends got front row seats at the Spectrum for a basketball game with Byu. Cosmo the cougar was being particularly obnoxious in the second half. On one of his rants, my sister was so irritated, when Cosmo got close to the rail, she reached over and grabbed his tail and yanked. The tail ripped off the costume, and Marilyn had her keepsake....Cosmos tail. She went home that night and hung the tail on a nail on her dorm wall. I think she has it to this day.

Funny follow up story. Years later we moved in to a new house the same day as another family across the street. We became very close friends. The dad and I were getting to know each other and he said he went to the Y, and the funnest time he had there was being Cosmo for a few years. I told him I went to USU. he laughed and said for awhile he had ill feelings for USU because some female jerk ripped his tail off at a game in Logan. I laughed and said, “that female jerk was my little sister,”
These users thanked the author mcaggie1 for the post (total 4):
BustaMcNuttslcaggNowhereLandAggiesstrasser

Locked Previous topicNext topic