Zion Williamson

Big Blue's House is intended for general sports talk, sharing ideas, announcements, etc.
Mr. Sneelock

Zion Williamson

Post by Mr. Sneelock » March 16th, 2021, 9:31 pm

I have watched the Pelicans a handful of times this year, and Zion Williamson is pretty amazing. I'm not sure we have seen that combination of size, speed, and athleticism since a young LeBron.

Still, I have to wonder how long that body will hold up. It is like LeBron and Robert "Tractor" Traylor had a love child. LeBron always had an incredible build, even at a very young age. Williamson is built like a taller Charles Barkley. I feel like he will need to rebuild his body somewhat to withstand the rigors of today's NBA. It wouldn't surprise me if he is often injured.

Best-case scenario, he replaces some of the girth with lean muscle and gets even stronger and more athletic. That would put him in the LeBron category of potential.

Worst-case scenario is that he eats himself out of the league. I really hope that doesn't happen, as he is a pleasure to watch.

Formerly TulsAGGIE

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Re: Zion Williamson

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » March 16th, 2021, 9:38 pm

Oh yeah. I said it in another thread, but the league will belong to him in 5 years if not sooner. He is a bucket machine. 26 ppg on 62% shooting. Very few players in the game get to their spots and get to the hoop as easily as he can. Just an extremely tough and intimidating player that you know defenders are having nightmares about before they have to go up against him.

Injuries are definitely the thing that can derail him. His conditioning was an issue last year, but I don't see as big of a problem this year. He plays a little less than other superstars, but his production is uncanny.

Locked Previous topicNext topic