ESPN 30 for 30 Al Davis vs the NFL tonight

Big Blue's House is intended for general sports talk, sharing ideas, announcements, etc.
El Sapo

ESPN 30 for 30 Al Davis vs the NFL tonight

Post by El Sapo » February 4th, 2021, 1:20 pm

Supposed to focus on Al's feud with Pete Roselle. Featuring a young Al Davis. I'll tape it and watch. It's a good show for those who never saw the Raider glory years, and never knew the history. How innovative and influential Al was in the NFL.
These users thanked the author El Sapo for the post:
aggies22

Intermeddler

Re: ESPN 30 for 30 Al Davis vs the NFL tonight

Post by Intermeddler » February 5th, 2021, 12:55 am

Really good, but the deep fake video stuff was really weird and unnecessary. I would have preferred more interviews with current figures who have a recollection of those days to give context.

El Sapo

Re: ESPN 30 for 30 Al Davis vs the NFL tonight

Post by El Sapo » February 22nd, 2021, 3:43 pm

Intermeddler wrote:
February 5th, 2021, 12:55 am
Really good, but the deep fake video stuff was really weird and unnecessary. I would have preferred more interviews with current figures who have a recollection of those days to give context.
Yup the deep fake "Al Davis" was bad. And I agree, you have a lot of people still around who had first hand knowledge of the feud. They could have added a lot more actual footage. Noticed that Amy Trask wasn't seen or mentioned. She could have been a big part of the show. When Mark Davis took over there were loyal Al people in the organization. They didn't just stop having grudges and enemies because Al was gone. Amy Trask and the long time Raider announcer Greg Papa were like family to Al. He would call and discuss team matters with them at all hours of the night or day. Neither one was mentioned in 30 for 30, because they each told Mark in private and publicly. "Al wouldn't do this or that." or "Al wouldn't interview that guy, or sign that player." Mark got rid of both.

I can understand that Mark was the owner and he wanted to make the decisions, but he really has no clue. I thought at some point in the near future, Sandy Adelson would take control of the team and the stadium. But he just died.
These users thanked the author El Sapo for the post:
Intermeddler

Locked Previous topicNext topic