The Weirdest Piece of USU Gear Ever

Big Blue's House is intended for general sports talk, sharing ideas, announcements, etc.
User avatar
918AGG
Posts: 670
Joined: December 20th, 2012, 6:49 pm
Location: Castle Rock, CO
Has thanked: 204 times
Been thanked: 158 times

The Weirdest Piece of USU Gear Ever

Post by 918AGG » January 27th, 2021, 10:17 am

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Utah-State-Mis ... Swv7xfovyU

It's so weird that I kind of want it...
These users thanked the author 918AGG for the post:
Aglicious


"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

- Bertrand Russell

User avatar
GUS
Posts: 2942
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 11:04 am
Has thanked: 128 times
Been thanked: 287 times

Re: The Weirdest Piece of USU Gear Ever

Post by GUS » January 27th, 2021, 10:31 am

Funny has Texas A & M on the side and Utah State on the front.



User avatar
3rdGenAggie
Pick'em Champ - '16 Kickoff
Posts: 7272
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 11:53 pm
Location: The City of the Salty Lake
Has thanked: 917 times
Been thanked: 401 times

Re: The Weirdest Piece of USU Gear Ever

Post by 3rdGenAggie » January 27th, 2021, 10:54 am

Any big Utah State and TAMU fans around here? It would be a perfect piece of memorabilia.


"I have no idea what I'm doing, but I know I'm doing it really, really well." -Andy Dwyer

Aggie formerly in Hawaii
Posts: 5259
Joined: October 22nd, 2016, 1:06 am
Has thanked: 544 times
Been thanked: 1078 times

Re: The Weirdest Piece of USU Gear Ever

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » January 27th, 2021, 11:37 am

When you live outside of Utah and say you are an Aggie fan, many do assume Texas A&M before you clarify.



User avatar
Aglicious
Site Admin
Posts: 5741
Joined: January 14th, 2004, 12:00 am
Location: Vega$
Has thanked: 354 times
Been thanked: 797 times

Re: The Weirdest Piece of USU Gear Ever

Post by Aglicious » January 27th, 2021, 1:24 pm

Haha...looks like it sold. It's like an error card in the sports card world.

Not sure why this popped in my head but the last time I had a Texas A&M hat it was actually issued by my mission presidency. They bought hats with the ATM logo on the front and then had Arizona Tempe Mission embroidered on the back. We would all wear them around on free days and of course there were always 4-8 of us together shopping or whatever and we'd get asked constantly if we were in town as part of the baseball team or something.
These users thanked the author Aglicious for the post (total 3):
BLUERUFiO3rdGenAggieaggieguy13



User avatar
918AGG
Posts: 670
Joined: December 20th, 2012, 6:49 pm
Location: Castle Rock, CO
Has thanked: 204 times
Been thanked: 158 times

Re: The Weirdest Piece of USU Gear Ever

Post by 918AGG » January 27th, 2021, 1:31 pm

Aglicious wrote:
January 27th, 2021, 1:24 pm
Haha...looks like it sold. It's like an error card in the sports card world.

Not sure why this popped in my head but the last time I had a Texas A&M hat it was actually issued by my mission presidency. They bought hats with the ATM logo on the front and then had Arizona Tempe Mission embroidered on the back. We would all wear them around on free days and of course there were always 4-8 of us together shopping or whatever and we'd get asked constantly if we were in town as part of the baseball team or something.
Damn, I'm shocked someone bought that. I'll be looking around next time I'm at a USU game. I'll find you, whoever bought that!

It must have been purchased by someone who wants to exist inconspicuously as a USU fan amongst ATM fans. YBA, was that you?


"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

- Bertrand Russell

User avatar
flying_scotsman2.0
Posts: 1357
Joined: January 23rd, 2018, 12:29 pm
Has thanked: 1173 times
Been thanked: 491 times

Re: The Weirdest Piece of USU Gear Ever

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » January 27th, 2021, 1:44 pm

A few years back I was working at the Sam's Club in Logan. We got a shipment of Aggie sweaters in and a bunch of them were misprinted Pen State logo with Utah State across the front.



User avatar
Roy McAvoy
Posts: 5927
Joined: November 2nd, 2011, 1:30 pm
Has thanked: 565 times
Been thanked: 1155 times

Re: The Weirdest Piece of USU Gear Ever

Post by Roy McAvoy » January 27th, 2021, 2:54 pm

This reminds of when I was living in Denver & I once went into a TJ Maxx store in Lone Tree, CO. I discovered in the socks section they had 10 pairs of these awesome mid length USU socks that were branded all fancy with USU stuff on them.

Pretty hilarious that's where they ended up. I bought all 10 pairs and sent them around to various USU friends of mine.
These users thanked the author Roy McAvoy for the post:
918AGG



Aggie formerly in Hawaii
Posts: 5259
Joined: October 22nd, 2016, 1:06 am
Has thanked: 544 times
Been thanked: 1078 times

Re: The Weirdest Piece of USU Gear Ever

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » January 27th, 2021, 6:33 pm

This is probably my next Aggie memorabilia purchase:

https://www.thespeedycheetah.com/collec ... es-xp-auth



User avatar
ProvoAggie
Site Admin
Posts: 13258
Joined: June 14th, 2010, 1:00 am
Location: Provo, Utah
Has thanked: 841 times
Been thanked: 1106 times
Contact:

Re: The Weirdest Piece of USU Gear Ever

Post by ProvoAggie » January 27th, 2021, 9:02 pm

Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
January 27th, 2021, 6:33 pm
This is probably my next Aggie memorabilia purchase:

https://www.thespeedycheetah.com/collec ... es-xp-auth
Watch eBay. I have 3 game used helmets that I got for under $100 each.
These users thanked the author ProvoAggie for the post:
Aggie formerly in Hawaii



Aggie formerly in Hawaii
Posts: 5259
Joined: October 22nd, 2016, 1:06 am
Has thanked: 544 times
Been thanked: 1078 times

Re: The Weirdest Piece of USU Gear Ever

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » January 27th, 2021, 10:17 pm

ProvoAggie wrote:
January 27th, 2021, 9:02 pm
Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
January 27th, 2021, 6:33 pm
This is probably my next Aggie memorabilia purchase:

https://www.thespeedycheetah.com/collec ... es-xp-auth
Watch eBay. I have 3 game used helmets that I got for under $100 each.
Will do. And yeah I'd prefer it game used.



Imakeitrain
Posts: 7928
Joined: March 11th, 2011, 9:12 pm
Has thanked: 199 times
Been thanked: 475 times

Re: The Weirdest Piece of USU Gear Ever

Post by Imakeitrain » January 29th, 2021, 10:45 pm

One time Ryan Zimmerman and Adam Dunn wore jerseys in an mlb game that said "Natinals"...


“If at first you don’t succeed, do not try skydiving”

GameFAQSAggie
Posts: 6066
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 11:10 am
Has thanked: 22 times
Been thanked: 349 times

Re: The Weirdest Piece of USU Gear Ever

Post by GameFAQSAggie » January 31st, 2021, 9:55 am

There are kids in third world countries with shirts and hats saying we won the Mountain West in 2013, that were preprinted for us and donated after Fresno State won. There are similarly shirts saying the Utes won the PAC 12 Championship in 18 and 19. And gear as well gets donated when they screw up on the printing press, and the gear is good to be worn but can't be sold.

I once told a girl who went on her mission to the Philippines that if she sees someone with a shirt saying a team won the championship, get a picture of it. Don't even take time to worry about if the team won it or not cause they probably didn't, just get the picture while you can and you can after your mission worry about if the team won or not.



LKGates
Posts: 3353
Joined: December 13th, 2010, 10:07 pm
Location: Salem, Oregon
Has thanked: 205 times
Been thanked: 341 times
Contact:

Re: The Weirdest Piece of USU Gear Ever

Post by LKGates » February 7th, 2021, 7:50 pm

Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
January 27th, 2021, 10:17 pm
ProvoAggie wrote:
January 27th, 2021, 9:02 pm
Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
January 27th, 2021, 6:33 pm
This is probably my next Aggie memorabilia purchase:

https://www.thespeedycheetah.com/collec ... es-xp-auth
Watch eBay. I have 3 game used helmets that I got for under $100 each.
Will do. And yeah I'd prefer it game used.
I've picked up two game worn football helmets, three letterman's jackets, and I believe 5 conference or bowl championship rings on ebay. Just takes patience. Got pretty good deals on all of them. I don't think I paid over $50 for a letterman's jacket.
These users thanked the author LKGates for the post:
Aggie formerly in Hawaii


Feel free to follow me on Twitter: @AggieLarry

User avatar
ViAggie
Posts: 12103
Joined: June 16th, 2011, 6:49 pm
Location: Temecula, California
Has thanked: 870 times
Been thanked: 567 times

Re: The Weirdest Piece of USU Gear Ever

Post by ViAggie » February 10th, 2021, 3:48 pm

LKGates wrote:
February 7th, 2021, 7:50 pm
Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
January 27th, 2021, 10:17 pm
ProvoAggie wrote:
January 27th, 2021, 9:02 pm
Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
January 27th, 2021, 6:33 pm
This is probably my next Aggie memorabilia purchase:

https://www.thespeedycheetah.com/collec ... es-xp-auth
Watch eBay. I have 3 game used helmets that I got for under $100 each.
Will do. And yeah I'd prefer it game used.
I've picked up two game worn football helmets, three letterman's jackets, and I believe 5 conference or bowl championship rings on ebay. Just takes patience. Got pretty good deals on all of them. I don't think I paid over $50 for a letterman's jacket.
That's too cool, I'll keep my eyes out too.

Side note, I was perusing my local charity thrift store one day when I came upon a UTEP Letterman jacket, size was probably 3XLT. They wanted $19 for it. I knew it was worth some scratch so I picked it up and sold it on e-bay two months later at $100. Nice little find.


Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

QuackAttackAggie
Pick'em Champ - '12 Bowl; '15, '17 Weekly; '18 BB Predict the Score
Posts: 16002
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:08 pm
Location: Arlington, VA
Has thanked: 124 times
Been thanked: 765 times

Re: The Weirdest Piece of USU Gear Ever

Post by QuackAttackAggie » February 10th, 2021, 4:47 pm

Image


This is my weirdest piece of usu gear.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



ericsil7
Posts: 200
Joined: November 4th, 2010, 11:26 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: The Weirdest Piece of USU Gear Ever

Post by ericsil7 » February 10th, 2021, 6:38 pm

QuackAttackAggie wrote:
February 10th, 2021, 4:47 pm
Image


This is my weirdest piece of usu gear.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have the exact same pair



User avatar
usugoalie13
Posts: 314
Joined: May 3rd, 2012, 5:05 pm
Location: logan utah/ edmonton alberta
Has thanked: 23 times
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: The Weirdest Piece of USU Gear Ever

Post by usugoalie13 » February 10th, 2021, 6:45 pm

ericsil7 wrote:
February 10th, 2021, 6:38 pm
QuackAttackAggie wrote:
February 10th, 2021, 4:47 pm
Image


This is my weirdest piece of
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have the exact same pair
Must be awkward if you want to wear them at the same time.
These users thanked the author usugoalie13 for the post (total 2):
Aggie formerly in Hawaiisam tingey



QuackAttackAggie
Pick'em Champ - '12 Bowl; '15, '17 Weekly; '18 BB Predict the Score
Posts: 16002
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:08 pm
Location: Arlington, VA
Has thanked: 124 times
Been thanked: 765 times

Re: The Weirdest Piece of USU Gear Ever

Post by QuackAttackAggie » February 10th, 2021, 8:02 pm

usugoalie13 wrote:
ericsil7 wrote:
February 10th, 2021, 6:38 pm
QuackAttackAggie wrote:
February 10th, 2021, 4:47 pm
Image


This is my weirdest piece of
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have the exact same pair
Must be awkward if you want to wear them at the same time.
Nah we go back-to-backsies


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author QuackAttackAggie for the post:
usugoalie13



User avatar
ProvoAggie
Site Admin
Posts: 13258
Joined: June 14th, 2010, 1:00 am
Location: Provo, Utah
Has thanked: 841 times
Been thanked: 1106 times
Contact:

Re: The Weirdest Piece of USU Gear Ever

Post by ProvoAggie » February 10th, 2021, 8:11 pm

What's weird about the swimsuit? I have the same one. I went and found it after @QuackAttackAggie posted it the first time on here. I really like it.



User avatar
TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY
Posts: 6104
Joined: February 3rd, 2012, 10:21 pm
Location: Hyde Park, UT
Has thanked: 227 times
Been thanked: 454 times
Contact:

Re: The Weirdest Piece of USU Gear Ever

Post by TheAKAggie » February 10th, 2021, 8:22 pm

ProvoAggie wrote:What's weird about the swimsuit? I have the same one. I went and found it after [mention]QuackAttackAggie[/mention] posted it the first time on here. I really like it.
Picture of Provo wearing his Aggie swimsuit after getting a little sun on his shoulders:
Image
These users thanked the author TheAKAggie for the post:
sam tingey


Hail Aggies!

QuackAttackAggie
Pick'em Champ - '12 Bowl; '15, '17 Weekly; '18 BB Predict the Score
Posts: 16002
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:08 pm
Location: Arlington, VA
Has thanked: 124 times
Been thanked: 765 times

Re: The Weirdest Piece of USU Gear Ever

Post by QuackAttackAggie » February 11th, 2021, 8:30 am

ProvoAggie wrote:What's weird about the swimsuit? I have the same one. I went and found it after [mention]QuackAttackAggie[/mention] posted it the first time on here. I really like it.
It's just a jumble of randomly placed logos. It's very comfortable though


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author QuackAttackAggie for the post:
ProvoAggie



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic