Volleyball schedule

Big Blue's House is intended for general sports talk, sharing ideas, announcements, etc.
GameFAQSAggie

Volleyball schedule

Post by GameFAQSAggie » January 13th, 2021, 4:25 pm

I know most people barely care if the non football/men's basketball teams are good or not, but I do think with the pandemic, is always interesting to see what sports are and aren't playing and how they are scheduling, and this kind of even makes us interested in if non-sport events are going on as scheduled and what modifications they are making to those events.

Anyhow, the volleyball team will play a postponed spring schedule. It will be 16 games against only Mountain West opponents and run from February 5 to April 3. The first 12 games will be like we have been doing for basketball, with 3 weeks of playing the same team twice away, and 3 weeks of playing the same team twice at home. Then the last two weeks will be playing the last four teams once, either at home or away. It's likely they have hope that with the vaccine, the risk of travel will be reduced enough by late March to justify traveling for a single match by then.

I see no reason to not just move the matches over to the Spectrum for this spring season, rather than trying to have them at the Estes Center. The Spectrum, even under social distance regulations, could likely accommodate everyone interested in attending the matches. They played home matches there for years before the Estes Center.

LKGates

Re: Volleyball schedule

Post by LKGates » January 13th, 2021, 6:55 pm

Thanks. Personally, I'm interested in every Aggie sport. When I retire, I hope to move back to Logan. I plan to get the pass that covers admission to all women's sports.
These users thanked the author LKGates for the post:
aggies22

Feel free to follow me on Twitter: @AggieLarry

stang

Re: Volleyball schedule

Post by stang » January 13th, 2021, 9:24 pm

I absolutely love attending USU volleyball games and I think they made an absolute home run hire for the new head coach. Can’t wait to see what he can do.

And I could be wrong, but I do believe the plan is to play their games in the Spectrum this season.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic