After that embarrassing display who you got? Bama or Ohio?

Big Blue's House is intended for general sports talk, sharing ideas, announcements, etc.
User avatar
RockyMountainHigh
Posts: 536
Joined: February 16th, 2011, 4:46 pm
Has thanked: 120 times
Been thanked: 86 times

After that embarrassing display who you got? Bama or Ohio?

Post by RockyMountainHigh » January 2nd, 2021, 10:01 am

Not sure who I want to win but probably slightly Bama.

But damn that was an awful defensive display last night. The only plus might be having been spared a butt kicking by Bama lol



slcagg
Posts: 6417
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 1379 times
Been thanked: 1097 times

Re: After that embarrassing display who you got? Bama or Ohio?

Post by slcagg » January 2nd, 2021, 10:10 am

I’m not so sure bama is better than osu or Clemson. And please don’t judge me since I lived in Alabama I do follow that program some.

With that said I was surprised to see osu beat Clemson like they did. I really felt the top 2 teams if healthy were Alabama and clemson.



Aggie formerly in Hawaii
Posts: 4520
Joined: October 22nd, 2016, 1:06 am
Has thanked: 349 times
Been thanked: 803 times

Re: After that embarrassing display who you got? Bama or Ohio?

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » January 2nd, 2021, 10:12 am

It should be a high scoring affair. I'd take Bama, but it really should be a pickem game. Ohio State winning wouldn't surprise me at all. They really impressed me last night.



slcagg
Posts: 6417
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 1379 times
Been thanked: 1097 times

Re: After that embarrassing display who you got? Bama or Ohio?

Post by slcagg » January 2nd, 2021, 11:10 am

Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
January 2nd, 2021, 10:12 am
It should be a high scoring affair. I'd take Bama, but it really should be a pickem game. Ohio State winning wouldn't surprise me at all. They really impressed me last night.
I wonder if sark will coach for bama. Certainly doesn’t help if Texas hires him.



User avatar
RockyMountainHigh
Posts: 536
Joined: February 16th, 2011, 4:46 pm
Has thanked: 120 times
Been thanked: 86 times

Re: After that embarrassing display who you got? Bama or Ohio?

Post by RockyMountainHigh » January 2nd, 2021, 12:35 pm

We were healthy other than justin foster and justyn ross. XT is a head case. Fully healthy but his mind is elsewhere. All the talent in the world but no heart.

Next year will be interesting if Ross comes back. Big 5inco will be great but the Oline and RB spots worry me. We start off with a game in Charlotte vs 1980* so we get tested from the start.


*Georgia 😂



User avatar
RockyMountainHigh
Posts: 536
Joined: February 16th, 2011, 4:46 pm
Has thanked: 120 times
Been thanked: 86 times

Re: After that embarrassing display who you got? Bama or Ohio?

Post by RockyMountainHigh » January 2nd, 2021, 12:39 pm

As of 7:00 left I was still rationalizing a chance of a win but then that ended.... I don’t mind losing but getting dominated like that was embarrassing.



User avatar
2004AG
Posts: 7523
Joined: November 16th, 2010, 11:42 am
Has thanked: 189 times
Been thanked: 489 times

Re: After that embarrassing display who you got? Bama or Ohio?

Post by 2004AG » January 2nd, 2021, 12:42 pm

Clemson is my favorite “national” team. I’m so mad they lost.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author 2004AG for the post:
RockyMountainHigh



Yossarian
Posts: 4579
Joined: November 14th, 2010, 11:56 pm
Has thanked: 73 times
Been thanked: 800 times

Re: After that embarrassing display who you got? Bama or Ohio?

Post by Yossarian » January 2nd, 2021, 2:07 pm

One thing that i noticed in watching the 4 BCS teams play yesterday that was common among all 4 - the effective use of the tight end(s) in the passing game. They were critical for each team. I just don't know why USU doesn't use the tught end more in its offense. Is it because they can't catch? Don't know how to run routes? Don't ever get looked at by the QB in his progression? Dax Raymond was a big part of the offense when he was here. Other than him, USU had not really used the tight end since Cooley.
Last edited by Yossarian on January 2nd, 2021, 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author Yossarian for the post:
RockyMountainHigh



Yossarian
Posts: 4579
Joined: November 14th, 2010, 11:56 pm
Has thanked: 73 times
Been thanked: 800 times

Re: After that embarrassing display who you got? Bama or Ohio?

Post by Yossarian » January 2nd, 2021, 2:08 pm

Oh, and yes, Ohio State looked very impressive yesterday. I can see that team winning it all.



User avatar
OKAggie
Posts: 2543
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:32 am
Location: Tulsa, OK
Has thanked: 111 times
Been thanked: 332 times

Re: After that embarrassing display who you got? Bama or Ohio?

Post by OKAggie » January 2nd, 2021, 4:00 pm

RockyMountainHigh wrote:
January 2nd, 2021, 10:01 am
Not sure who I want to win but probably slightly Bama.

But damn that was an awful defensive display last night. The only plus might be having been spared a butt kicking by Bama lol
I'd bet on Bama but really want them to lose. So sick of those guys, but they'll never go away. With the four-team playoff, they (and now Clemson) basically get any recruit that wants to play for a national championship. Unlike the rest of us, they don't recruit, they just choose. An eight or 16-team playoff wouldn't eliminate that problem but it would certainly help it. [/rant]

Hope the world is back to normal in Fall 2021 and you can make your long-awaited trip to see your second-favorite team up close!
These users thanked the author OKAggie for the post:
RockyMountainHigh


Nobody here knows anything.

Aggie formerly in Hawaii
Posts: 4520
Joined: October 22nd, 2016, 1:06 am
Has thanked: 349 times
Been thanked: 803 times

Re: After that embarrassing display who you got? Bama or Ohio?

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » January 2nd, 2021, 4:35 pm

OKAggie wrote:
January 2nd, 2021, 4:00 pm
RockyMountainHigh wrote:
January 2nd, 2021, 10:01 am
Not sure who I want to win but probably slightly Bama.

But damn that was an awful defensive display last night. The only plus might be having been spared a butt kicking by Bama lol
I'd bet on Bama but really want them to lose. So sick of those guys, but they'll never go away. With the four-team playoff, they (and now Clemson) basically get any recruit that wants to play for a national championship. Unlike the rest of us, they don't recruit, they just choose. An eight or 16-team playoff wouldn't eliminate that problem but it would certainly help it. [/rant]

Hope the world is back to normal in Fall 2021 and you can make your long-awaited trip to see your second-favorite team up close!
True, but Ohio State has been close to as dominant. Their record under Tressel, Urban and now Ryan Day is up there with Bama's under Saban.



Aggie formerly in Hawaii
Posts: 4520
Joined: October 22nd, 2016, 1:06 am
Has thanked: 349 times
Been thanked: 803 times

Re: After that embarrassing display who you got? Bama or Ohio?

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » January 2nd, 2021, 4:36 pm

slcagg wrote:
January 2nd, 2021, 11:10 am
Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
January 2nd, 2021, 10:12 am
It should be a high scoring affair. I'd take Bama, but it really should be a pickem game. Ohio State winning wouldn't surprise me at all. They really impressed me last night.
I wonder if sark will coach for bama. Certainly doesn’t help if Texas hires him.
I remember a few years ago Bama was undefeated (as usual) and played Clemson in the national title. Lane Kiffin had just left to FAU and they lost the game. This could be a similar deal.



User avatar
OKAggie
Posts: 2543
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:32 am
Location: Tulsa, OK
Has thanked: 111 times
Been thanked: 332 times

Re: After that embarrassing display who you got? Bama or Ohio?

Post by OKAggie » January 2nd, 2021, 6:29 pm

Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
January 2nd, 2021, 4:35 pm
OKAggie wrote:
January 2nd, 2021, 4:00 pm
RockyMountainHigh wrote:
January 2nd, 2021, 10:01 am
Not sure who I want to win but probably slightly Bama.

But damn that was an awful defensive display last night. The only plus might be having been spared a butt kicking by Bama lol
I'd bet on Bama but really want them to lose. So sick of those guys, but they'll never go away. With the four-team playoff, they (and now Clemson) basically get any recruit that wants to play for a national championship. Unlike the rest of us, they don't recruit, they just choose. An eight or 16-team playoff wouldn't eliminate that problem but it would certainly help it. [/rant]

Hope the world is back to normal in Fall 2021 and you can make your long-awaited trip to see your second-favorite team up close!
True, but Ohio State has been close to as dominant. Their record under Tressel, Urban and now Ryan Day is up there with Bama's under Saban.
Bama has been in five of the last six finals. Ohio State hasn't been in one since winning the first one in 2014-15. Overall records might be close, but not when it counts most.
These users thanked the author OKAggie for the post:
RockyMountainHigh


Nobody here knows anything.

Aggie formerly in Hawaii
Posts: 4520
Joined: October 22nd, 2016, 1:06 am
Has thanked: 349 times
Been thanked: 803 times

Re: After that embarrassing display who you got? Bama or Ohio?

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » January 2nd, 2021, 6:32 pm

OKAggie wrote:
January 2nd, 2021, 6:29 pm
Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
January 2nd, 2021, 4:35 pm
OKAggie wrote:
January 2nd, 2021, 4:00 pm
RockyMountainHigh wrote:
January 2nd, 2021, 10:01 am
Not sure who I want to win but probably slightly Bama.

But damn that was an awful defensive display last night. The only plus might be having been spared a butt kicking by Bama lol
I'd bet on Bama but really want them to lose. So sick of those guys, but they'll never go away. With the four-team playoff, they (and now Clemson) basically get any recruit that wants to play for a national championship. Unlike the rest of us, they don't recruit, they just choose. An eight or 16-team playoff wouldn't eliminate that problem but it would certainly help it. [/rant]

Hope the world is back to normal in Fall 2021 and you can make your long-awaited trip to see your second-favorite team up close!
True, but Ohio State has been close to as dominant. Their record under Tressel, Urban and now Ryan Day is up there with Bama's under Saban.
Bama has been in five of the last six finals. Ohio State hasn't been in one since winning the first one in 2014-15. Overall records might be close, but not when it counts most.
Yeah they have been great, but it isn't like Ohio State is really some new blood and they have been in the playoff twice since the 2014 season and had a very solid case to get in in 2018 instead of Oklahoma. A 4 team playoff leaves out several teams capable of winning it.



User avatar
RockyMountainHigh
Posts: 536
Joined: February 16th, 2011, 4:46 pm
Has thanked: 120 times
Been thanked: 86 times

Re: After that embarrassing display who you got? Bama or Ohio?

Post by RockyMountainHigh » January 2nd, 2021, 6:41 pm

OKAggie wrote:
January 2nd, 2021, 4:00 pm
RockyMountainHigh wrote:
January 2nd, 2021, 10:01 am
Not sure who I want to win but probably slightly Bama.

But damn that was an awful defensive display last night. The only plus might be having been spared a butt kicking by Bama lol
I'd bet on Bama but really want them to lose. So sick of those guys, but they'll never go away. With the four-team playoff, they (and now Clemson) basically get any recruit that wants to play for a national championship. Unlike the rest of us, they don't recruit, they just choose. An eight or 16-team playoff wouldn't eliminate that problem but it would certainly help it. [/rant]

Hope the world is back to normal in Fall 2021 and you can make your long-awaited trip to see your second-favorite team up close!

Me too!!!



swordsman1989
Posts: 1166
Joined: December 26th, 2010, 8:43 am
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 153 times

Re: After that embarrassing display who you got? Bama or Ohio?

Post by swordsman1989 » January 3rd, 2021, 2:10 pm

Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State, and Oklahoma have taken 20 of the 28 playoff spots that have been available since the playoff was formed. If you throw in the two spots Notre Dame has taken, that means five programs have had 78% of the playoff spots available, while the other 60 FBS schools have had just 22%. If that doesn't show how massive the imbalance problem is, nothing will. The system needs a massive change very soon, or it will collapse.

Okay, rant over. I am not the biggest fan of either school, but I hate Ohio State and the Big Ten less than I hate Alabama and the SEC, so I am going with Ohio State.



Aggie formerly in Hawaii
Posts: 4520
Joined: October 22nd, 2016, 1:06 am
Has thanked: 349 times
Been thanked: 803 times

Re: After that embarrassing display who you got? Bama or Ohio?

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » January 3rd, 2021, 2:31 pm

swordsman1989 wrote:
January 3rd, 2021, 2:10 pm
Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State, and Oklahoma have taken 20 of the 28 playoff spots that have been available since the playoff was formed. If you throw in the two spots Notre Dame has taken, that means five programs have had 78% of the playoff spots available, while the other 60 FBS schools have had just 22%. If that doesn't show how massive the imbalance problem is, nothing will. The system needs a massive change very soon, or it will collapse.

Okay, rant over. I am not the biggest fan of either school, but I hate Ohio State and the Big Ten less than I hate Alabama and the SEC, so I am going with Ohio State.
College football certainly isn't a sport for parity. I'm not a Gonzaga fan, but I think they have a good chance to win the national title in hoops this year which will be good for the sport.



User avatar
2004AG
Posts: 7523
Joined: November 16th, 2010, 11:42 am
Has thanked: 189 times
Been thanked: 489 times

Re: After that embarrassing display who you got? Bama or Ohio?

Post by 2004AG » January 3rd, 2021, 2:41 pm

swordsman1989 wrote:Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State, and Oklahoma have taken 20 of the 28 playoff spots that have been available since the playoff was formed. If you throw in the two spots Notre Dame has taken, that means five programs have had 78% of the playoff spots available, while the other 60 FBS schools have had just 22%. If that doesn't show how massive the imbalance problem is, nothing will. The system needs a massive change very soon, or it will collapse.

Okay, rant over. I am not the biggest fan of either school, but I hate Ohio State and the Big Ten less than I hate Alabama and the SEC, so I am going with Ohio State.
I’ve always defended college football, but not anymore. The imbalance is too much when schools like Wisconsin, Penn State, Florida State, Miami, Michigan basically suck.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



Aggie formerly in Hawaii
Posts: 4520
Joined: October 22nd, 2016, 1:06 am
Has thanked: 349 times
Been thanked: 803 times

Re: After that embarrassing display who you got? Bama or Ohio?

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » January 3rd, 2021, 6:27 pm

2004AG wrote:
January 3rd, 2021, 2:41 pm
swordsman1989 wrote:Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State, and Oklahoma have taken 20 of the 28 playoff spots that have been available since the playoff was formed. If you throw in the two spots Notre Dame has taken, that means five programs have had 78% of the playoff spots available, while the other 60 FBS schools have had just 22%. If that doesn't show how massive the imbalance problem is, nothing will. The system needs a massive change very soon, or it will collapse.

Okay, rant over. I am not the biggest fan of either school, but I hate Ohio State and the Big Ten less than I hate Alabama and the SEC, so I am going with Ohio State.
I’ve always defended college football, but not anymore. The imbalance is too much when schools like Wisconsin, Penn State, Florida State, Miami, Michigan basically suck.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You be nice to Jim Harbaugh.



swordsman1989
Posts: 1166
Joined: December 26th, 2010, 8:43 am
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 153 times

Re: After that embarrassing display who you got? Bama or Ohio?

Post by swordsman1989 » January 3rd, 2021, 9:48 pm

2004AG wrote:
January 3rd, 2021, 2:41 pm
swordsman1989 wrote:Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State, and Oklahoma have taken 20 of the 28 playoff spots that have been available since the playoff was formed. If you throw in the two spots Notre Dame has taken, that means five programs have had 78% of the playoff spots available, while the other 60 FBS schools have had just 22%. If that doesn't show how massive the imbalance problem is, nothing will. The system needs a massive change very soon, or it will collapse.

Okay, rant over. I am not the biggest fan of either school, but I hate Ohio State and the Big Ten less than I hate Alabama and the SEC, so I am going with Ohio State.
I’ve always defended college football, but not anymore. The imbalance is too much when schools like Wisconsin, Penn State, Florida State, Miami, Michigan basically suck.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's the problem, blue blood programs have become after thoughts. Add Texas, Nebraska, and USC to that list too. The way the system is, if you don't win the national championship, you suck and are irrelevant.



NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.
Posts: 17757
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:09 am
Location: Where the sagebrush grows!
Has thanked: 893 times
Been thanked: 914 times

Re: After that embarrassing display who you got? Bama or Ohio?

Post by NVAggie » January 4th, 2021, 8:40 am

I want to love college football again, but the current system makes it impossible. I didn't watch the semifinal games and I won't be watching in a week. Let's be honest, with how poorly the Aggies played this year, I didn't watch much college football this year.



Aggie formerly in Hawaii
Posts: 4520
Joined: October 22nd, 2016, 1:06 am
Has thanked: 349 times
Been thanked: 803 times

Re: After that embarrassing display who you got? Bama or Ohio?

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » January 4th, 2021, 12:29 pm

NVAggie wrote:
January 4th, 2021, 8:40 am
I want to love college football again, but the current system makes it impossible. I didn't watch the semifinal games and I won't be watching in a week. Let's be honest, with how poorly the Aggies played this year, I didn't watch much college football this year.
I get this sentiment, but it wasn't more fair a decade ago or 20 years ago. College football has been unfair to non power conferences for a very long time.



NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.
Posts: 17757
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:09 am
Location: Where the sagebrush grows!
Has thanked: 893 times
Been thanked: 914 times

Re: After that embarrassing display who you got? Bama or Ohio?

Post by NVAggie » January 4th, 2021, 1:16 pm

I don't disagree with you as far as the non-power conference treatment. What I don't like is having 4-5 teams make up the playoff every year. It is boring.



Aggie formerly in Hawaii
Posts: 4520
Joined: October 22nd, 2016, 1:06 am
Has thanked: 349 times
Been thanked: 803 times

Re: After that embarrassing display who you got? Bama or Ohio?

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » January 4th, 2021, 6:29 pm

NVAggie wrote:
January 4th, 2021, 1:16 pm
I don't disagree with you as far as the non-power conference treatment. What I don't like is having 4-5 teams make up the playoff every year. It is boring.
Yeah it needs to be expanded.



User avatar
RockyMountainHigh
Posts: 536
Joined: February 16th, 2011, 4:46 pm
Has thanked: 120 times
Been thanked: 86 times

Re: After that embarrassing display who you got? Bama or Ohio?

Post by RockyMountainHigh » January 4th, 2021, 7:18 pm

I wonder if having more scholarships for g5 schools would even it out.


I get the boredom part. During the BCS era I had given up hope of Clemson ever winning another title, and then fsu came into the acc and dominated, making me even less hopeful.



mcaggie1
Posts: 2882
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 3:14 pm
Has thanked: 105 times
Been thanked: 330 times

Re: After that embarrassing display who you got? Bama or Ohio?

Post by mcaggie1 » January 5th, 2021, 4:56 pm

Yossarian wrote:
January 2nd, 2021, 2:07 pm
One thing that i noticed in watching the 4 BCS teams play yesterday that was common among all 4 - the effective use of the tight end(s) in the passing game. They were critical for each team. I just don't know why USU doesn't use the tught end more in its offense. Is it because they can't catch? Don't know how to run routes? Don't ever get looked at by the QB in his progression? Dax Raymond was a big part of the offense when he was here. Other than him, USU had not really used the tight end since Cooley.
It’s probably because we need extra blocking because the OLine is weak. Back when our line was better, we often used the TE. Dax Raymond, Wyatt Houston, Tialavea, etc. oh, and Jim Lamoine. (Oops, Jim goes back to 1966..and he also played several years in the NFL.)



NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.
Posts: 17757
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:09 am
Location: Where the sagebrush grows!
Has thanked: 893 times
Been thanked: 914 times

Re: After that embarrassing display who you got? Bama or Ohio?

Post by NVAggie » January 5th, 2021, 6:17 pm

I think the ‘Rona will win



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic