The WAC is attempting to pull off a weird coup

Big Blue's House is intended for general sports talk, sharing ideas, announcements, etc.
User avatar
ViAggie
Posts: 11460
Joined: June 16th, 2011, 6:49 pm
Location: Temecula, California
Has thanked: 705 times
Been thanked: 478 times

The WAC is attempting to pull off a weird coup

Post by ViAggie » December 9th, 2020, 3:15 pm



Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

User avatar
3rdGenAggie
Pick'em Champ - '16 Kickoff
Posts: 6776
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 11:53 pm
Location: The City of the Salty Lake
Has thanked: 572 times
Been thanked: 257 times

Re: The WAC is attempting to pull off a weird coup

Post by 3rdGenAggie » December 9th, 2020, 3:56 pm

Outside of name and (ancient) history, I don't see any way in which the WAC is better than the Big Sky, especially if you have a football team. Seems very strange.


"I have no idea what I'm doing, but I know I'm doing it really, really well." -Andy Dwyer

User avatar
ProvoAggie
Site Admin
Posts: 13006
Joined: June 14th, 2010, 1:00 am
Location: Provo, Utah
Has thanked: 698 times
Been thanked: 886 times
Contact:

Re: The WAC is attempting to pull off a weird coup

Post by ProvoAggie » December 9th, 2020, 4:12 pm

The Project 2.0.



User avatar
CedarAg
Posts: 525
Joined: March 7th, 2011, 3:26 pm
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 10 times

Re: The WAC is attempting to pull off a weird coup

Post by CedarAg » December 9th, 2020, 4:45 pm

I agree the Big Sky is a much better conference than the WAC.


Roll Aggies!!!!

User avatar
USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly
Posts: 9285
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 6:43 am
Location: Sandy
Has thanked: 2417 times
Been thanked: 759 times

Re: The WAC is attempting to pull off a weird coup

Post by USU78 » December 9th, 2020, 5:08 pm

So ... to accomodate some Tejas schools, the NewMags, + Dixie and their FCS football pretentions, the 13 FB playing BSC schools should permit Weebe + Sue Ewe + Lord knows who (NAU maybe? They're in the footprint) else to jump ship.

I get having the four have-not BCS Utah schools in a league with the NewMags in a basketball league that might include NAU for a tightish division of six, with Tejas schools making up another division of six, or something like that. What's in it for the BSC, though? And what's in it for Weebe? They have a long, long history with the two Idaho and two Montana schools.
These users thanked the author USU78 for the post:
sstrasser


You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

User avatar
ViAggie
Posts: 11460
Joined: June 16th, 2011, 6:49 pm
Location: Temecula, California
Has thanked: 705 times
Been thanked: 478 times

Re: The WAC is attempting to pull off a weird coup

Post by ViAggie » December 9th, 2020, 6:30 pm

USU78 wrote:
December 9th, 2020, 5:08 pm
So ... to accomodate some Tejas schools, the NewMags, + Dixie and their FCS football pretentions, the 13 FB playing BSC schools should permit Weebe + Sue Ewe + Lord knows who (NAU maybe? They're in the footprint) else to jump ship.

I get having the four have-not BCS Utah schools in a league with the NewMags in a basketball league that might include NAU for a tightish division of six, with Tejas schools making up another division of six, or something like that. What's in it for the BSC, though? And what's in it for Weebe? They have a long, long history with the two Idaho and two Montana schools.
Agreed, makes no sense at all. Also, SUU comes off looking ungrateful since the Big Sky was under no obligation to take them in, was boycotted by Weber, and ultimately allowed them to join.


Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

Aggie formerly in Hawaii
Posts: 4463
Joined: October 22nd, 2016, 1:06 am
Has thanked: 343 times
Been thanked: 779 times

Re: The WAC is attempting to pull off a weird coup

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » December 9th, 2020, 9:48 pm

At this point the Wac isn't better than the Big Sky. Good luck on the coups. 2020 must be the year of coup attempts.
These users thanked the author Aggie formerly in Hawaii for the post:
NavyBlue



User avatar
ViAggie
Posts: 11460
Joined: June 16th, 2011, 6:49 pm
Location: Temecula, California
Has thanked: 705 times
Been thanked: 478 times

Re: The WAC is attempting to pull off a weird coup

Post by ViAggie » December 10th, 2020, 9:28 am

Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
December 9th, 2020, 9:48 pm
At this point the Wac isn't better than the Big Sky. Good luck on the coups. 2020 must be the year of coup attempts.
The Big Sky is way better IMHO. The WAC is full of weird little cast-offs and pay-for-admission private religious schools that are barely non-profits, and that accept everyone who applies to them who has a HS diploma (I'm looking at you Cal Baptist and Grand Canyon). At least the Big Sky's membership is 100% state sponsored schools.
These users thanked the author ViAggie for the post:
aggies22


Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

Aggie formerly in Hawaii
Posts: 4463
Joined: October 22nd, 2016, 1:06 am
Has thanked: 343 times
Been thanked: 779 times

Re: The WAC is attempting to pull off a weird coup

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » December 10th, 2020, 3:27 pm

ViAggie wrote:
December 10th, 2020, 9:28 am
Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
December 9th, 2020, 9:48 pm
At this point the Wac isn't better than the Big Sky. Good luck on the coups. 2020 must be the year of coup attempts.
The Big Sky is way better IMHO. The WAC is full of weird little cast-offs and pay-for-admission private religious schools that are barely non-profits, and that accept everyone who applies to them who has a HS diploma (I'm looking at you Cal Baptist and Grand Canyon). At least the Big Sky's membership is 100% state sponsored schools.
Sure, other than NMSU the Wac is nothing.



User avatar
ViAggie
Posts: 11460
Joined: June 16th, 2011, 6:49 pm
Location: Temecula, California
Has thanked: 705 times
Been thanked: 478 times

Re: The WAC is attempting to pull off a weird coup

Post by ViAggie » December 11th, 2020, 1:03 pm

Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
December 10th, 2020, 3:27 pm
ViAggie wrote:
December 10th, 2020, 9:28 am
Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
December 9th, 2020, 9:48 pm
At this point the Wac isn't better than the Big Sky. Good luck on the coups. 2020 must be the year of coup attempts.
The Big Sky is way better IMHO. The WAC is full of weird little cast-offs and pay-for-admission private religious schools that are barely non-profits, and that accept everyone who applies to them who has a HS diploma (I'm looking at you Cal Baptist and Grand Canyon). At least the Big Sky's membership is 100% state sponsored schools.
Sure, other than NMSU the Wac is nothing.
????????? :headscratch:

So? What is NMSU even good at except BB every now and then?


Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

Aggie formerly in Hawaii
Posts: 4463
Joined: October 22nd, 2016, 1:06 am
Has thanked: 343 times
Been thanked: 779 times

Re: The WAC is attempting to pull off a weird coup

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » December 11th, 2020, 1:53 pm

ViAggie wrote:
December 11th, 2020, 1:03 pm
Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
December 10th, 2020, 3:27 pm
ViAggie wrote:
December 10th, 2020, 9:28 am
Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
December 9th, 2020, 9:48 pm
At this point the Wac isn't better than the Big Sky. Good luck on the coups. 2020 must be the year of coup attempts.
The Big Sky is way better IMHO. The WAC is full of weird little cast-offs and pay-for-admission private religious schools that are barely non-profits, and that accept everyone who applies to them who has a HS diploma (I'm looking at you Cal Baptist and Grand Canyon). At least the Big Sky's membership is 100% state sponsored schools.
Sure, other than NMSU the Wac is nothing.
????????? :headscratch:

So? What is NMSU even good at except BB every now and then?
Basketball matters and they would be competitive in a better league. Yes, they are terrible in football and I'm shocked they even continue to have a program.



User avatar
ViAggie
Posts: 11460
Joined: June 16th, 2011, 6:49 pm
Location: Temecula, California
Has thanked: 705 times
Been thanked: 478 times

Re: The WAC is attempting to pull off a weird coup

Post by ViAggie » December 12th, 2020, 1:39 pm

Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
December 11th, 2020, 1:53 pm
ViAggie wrote:
December 11th, 2020, 1:03 pm
Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
December 10th, 2020, 3:27 pm
ViAggie wrote:
December 10th, 2020, 9:28 am
Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
December 9th, 2020, 9:48 pm
At this point the Wac isn't better than the Big Sky. Good luck on the coups. 2020 must be the year of coup attempts.
The Big Sky is way better IMHO. The WAC is full of weird little cast-offs and pay-for-admission private religious schools that are barely non-profits, and that accept everyone who applies to them who has a HS diploma (I'm looking at you Cal Baptist and Grand Canyon). At least the Big Sky's membership is 100% state sponsored schools.
Sure, other than NMSU the Wac is nothing.
????????? :headscratch:

So? What is NMSU even good at except BB every now and then?
Basketball matters and they would be competitive in a better league. Yes, they are terrible in football and I'm shocked they even continue to have a program.
They essentially don't. At least not this year.


Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 10686
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 6615 times
Been thanked: 4072 times
Contact:

Re: The WAC is attempting to pull off a weird coup

Post by aggies22 » December 13th, 2020, 8:51 am

Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
December 10th, 2020, 3:27 pm
ViAggie wrote:
December 10th, 2020, 9:28 am
Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
December 9th, 2020, 9:48 pm
At this point the Wac isn't better than the Big Sky. Good luck on the coups. 2020 must be the year of coup attempts.
The Big Sky is way better IMHO. The WAC is full of weird little cast-offs and pay-for-admission private religious schools that are barely non-profits, and that accept everyone who applies to them who has a HS diploma (I'm looking at you Cal Baptist and Grand Canyon). At least the Big Sky's membership is 100% state sponsored schools.
Sure, other than NMSU the Wac is nothing.
I think Dixie State has a TON of potential as their hoops and football program grows.



Aggie19
Posts: 914
Joined: November 2nd, 2018, 7:52 am
Has thanked: 635 times
Been thanked: 494 times

Re: The WAC is attempting to pull off a weird coup

Post by Aggie19 » December 13th, 2020, 9:28 am

aggies22 wrote:
December 13th, 2020, 8:51 am
Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
December 10th, 2020, 3:27 pm
ViAggie wrote:
December 10th, 2020, 9:28 am
Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
December 9th, 2020, 9:48 pm
At this point the Wac isn't better than the Big Sky. Good luck on the coups. 2020 must be the year of coup attempts.
The Big Sky is way better IMHO. The WAC is full of weird little cast-offs and pay-for-admission private religious schools that are barely non-profits, and that accept everyone who applies to them who has a HS diploma (I'm looking at you Cal Baptist and Grand Canyon). At least the Big Sky's membership is 100% state sponsored schools.
Sure, other than NMSU the Wac is nothing.
I think Dixie State has a TON of potential as their hoops and football program grows.
I agree. Think about all the resources that are in that community. Great location on top of it. I think Dixie has the potential to be huge.
These users thanked the author Aggie19 for the post (total 2):
aggies22flying_scotsman2.0


Go Aggies!

User avatar
DIOaggie
Posts: 27
Joined: November 30th, 2010, 3:50 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: The WAC is attempting to pull off a weird coup

Post by DIOaggie » January 7th, 2021, 2:33 pm




Yossarian
Posts: 4533
Joined: November 14th, 2010, 11:56 pm
Has thanked: 72 times
Been thanked: 795 times

Re: The WAC is attempting to pull off a weird coup

Post by Yossarian » January 7th, 2021, 2:35 pm

Dixie should build to be the state's premier baseball school
These users thanked the author Yossarian for the post:
ViAggie



User avatar
ViAggie
Posts: 11460
Joined: June 16th, 2011, 6:49 pm
Location: Temecula, California
Has thanked: 705 times
Been thanked: 478 times

Re: The WAC is attempting to pull off a weird coup

Post by ViAggie » January 7th, 2021, 3:04 pm

I'm really surprised that SUU agreed to join. SUU and Dixie are joining FCS before Weber State, LOLZ that's hilarious.


Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

User avatar
flying_scotsman2.0
Posts: 1252
Joined: January 23rd, 2018, 12:29 pm
Has thanked: 928 times
Been thanked: 418 times

Re: The WAC is attempting to pull off a weird coup

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » January 7th, 2021, 3:19 pm

ViAggie wrote:
January 7th, 2021, 3:04 pm
I'm really surprised that SUU agreed to join. SUU and Dixie are joining FCS before Weber State, LOLZ that's hilarious.
The Big Sky is FCS. The WAC is now FCS. I have no idea why SUU would leave the Big Sky. I guess with Dixie as a travel partner maybe it made more sense for their finances?



User avatar
OKAggie
Posts: 2538
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:32 am
Location: Tulsa, OK
Has thanked: 111 times
Been thanked: 331 times

Re: The WAC is attempting to pull off a weird coup

Post by OKAggie » January 7th, 2021, 4:15 pm

flying_scotsman2.0 wrote:
January 7th, 2021, 3:19 pm
ViAggie wrote:
January 7th, 2021, 3:04 pm
I'm really surprised that SUU agreed to join. SUU and Dixie are joining FCS before Weber State, LOLZ that's hilarious.
The Big Sky is FCS. The WAC is now FCS. I have no idea why SUU would leave the Big Sky. I guess with Dixie as a travel partner maybe it made more sense for their finances?
Maybe better for recruiting to be in a conference with 5 Texas schools? Nice to create a rivalry with Dixie (or whatever it will be called).

Wonder if this will incentivize NMSU to drop down to FCS football instead of struggling along as an FBS independent?


Nobody here knows anything.

User avatar
ViAggie
Posts: 11460
Joined: June 16th, 2011, 6:49 pm
Location: Temecula, California
Has thanked: 705 times
Been thanked: 478 times

Re: The WAC is attempting to pull off a weird coup

Post by ViAggie » January 7th, 2021, 5:49 pm

lolz, that's right, for some reason in my mind they were joining the FBS. Cal Baptist is also looking to start a FB program, they teamed up with the Sherman Indian School (which sits adjacent to the CBU Campus in Riverside) to share a FB stadium. Pretty sad that a private (essentially for profit) religious school has better athletics than the UC located up the freeway does.


Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

User avatar
ProvoAggie
Site Admin
Posts: 13006
Joined: June 14th, 2010, 1:00 am
Location: Provo, Utah
Has thanked: 698 times
Been thanked: 886 times
Contact:

Re: The WAC is attempting to pull off a weird coup

Post by ProvoAggie » January 7th, 2021, 7:20 pm

The WAC is working towards FBS within the next decade. I'm guessing that's why SUU is jumping. They want to work their way up.



User avatar
OKAggie
Posts: 2538
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:32 am
Location: Tulsa, OK
Has thanked: 111 times
Been thanked: 331 times

Re: The WAC is attempting to pull off a weird coup

Post by OKAggie » January 7th, 2021, 8:13 pm

Are there still stadium size and average attendance requirements for FBS conferences?


Nobody here knows anything.

trevordude
Posts: 725
Joined: August 25th, 2012, 10:38 am
Has thanked: 34 times
Been thanked: 14 times

Re: The WAC is attempting to pull off a weird coup

Post by trevordude » January 8th, 2021, 10:53 am

All this effort to setup a conference for FBS alignment. I think the P5 or maybe even P4 minus the Pac12 move themselves into a separate division away from FBS and the NCAA in 5 or so years.


Not sent from Tapatalk

LarryTheAggie
Posts: 502
Joined: July 4th, 2013, 12:04 pm
Location: Washington DC
Has thanked: 143 times
Been thanked: 185 times

Re: The WAC is attempting to pull off a weird coup

Post by LarryTheAggie » January 8th, 2021, 11:58 am

trevordude wrote:
January 8th, 2021, 10:53 am
All this effort to setup a conference for FBS alignment. I think the P5 or maybe even P4 minus the Pac12 move themselves into a separate division away from FBS and the NCAA in 5 or so years.
I think that is the exact point. Once the P5 leave and become the P4 or P2, there could be an opportunity for a couple of FCS conferences to move up to FBS.

Who knows if it actually happens, but it looks like the WAC is trying to set themselves up for that kind of situation.



User avatar
ProvoAggie
Site Admin
Posts: 13006
Joined: June 14th, 2010, 1:00 am
Location: Provo, Utah
Has thanked: 698 times
Been thanked: 886 times
Contact:

Re: The WAC is attempting to pull off a weird coup

Post by ProvoAggie » January 14th, 2021, 10:15 am

It looks like they pulled it off. Abilene Christian, Lamar, Sam Houston State, Southern Utah, and Stephen F. Austin are joining and they are adding FCS Football.
https://www.wacsports.com/expansion/index



User avatar
USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly
Posts: 9285
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 6:43 am
Location: Sandy
Has thanked: 2417 times
Been thanked: 759 times

Re: The WAC is attempting to pull off a weird coup

Post by USU78 » January 14th, 2021, 11:21 am

ProvoAggie wrote:
January 14th, 2021, 10:15 am
It looks like they pulled it off. Abilene Christian, Lamar, Sam Houston State, Southern Utah, and Stephen F. Austin are joining and they are adding FCS Football.
https://www.wacsports.com/expansion/index
So that gives them 2 provisional FCS schools (Tarleton and Dixie), one marginally FBS school (NewMags), 5 FCS schools, with discussion going on to bring on another FCS (Sac St?/NAU?/), and in-house schools that might bring FB back or add FB (Cal-Baptist/UVCC).

In any case, the NewMags are now the Idaho of the WAC (Idaho kept its University Division FB status for years after being an organizing member of the college division Big Sky, which was why USU kept scheduling them home-and-home through the '60s). How long before the pressures of FBS and the WAC force the NewMags to step down a division, just like Idaho had to?


You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

SLB
Posts: 4957
Joined: November 3rd, 2016, 8:47 pm
Has thanked: 231 times
Been thanked: 479 times

Re: The WAC is attempting to pull off a weird coup

Post by SLB » January 14th, 2021, 12:35 pm



page 17 and 18



User avatar
ViAggie
Posts: 11460
Joined: June 16th, 2011, 6:49 pm
Location: Temecula, California
Has thanked: 705 times
Been thanked: 478 times

Re: The WAC is attempting to pull off a weird coup

Post by ViAggie » January 14th, 2021, 12:40 pm

Honestly, the New Mags need to go full U of Idaho and join the ranks for FCS. I think the last time we played them we beat them by like 50 points. They need to pull the plug, they didn't even have a season in 2020*
These users thanked the author ViAggie for the post:
aggies22


Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 10686
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 6615 times
Been thanked: 4072 times
Contact:

Re: The WAC is attempting to pull off a weird coup

Post by aggies22 » January 14th, 2021, 1:05 pm

USU78 wrote:
January 14th, 2021, 11:21 am
ProvoAggie wrote:
January 14th, 2021, 10:15 am
It looks like they pulled it off. Abilene Christian, Lamar, Sam Houston State, Southern Utah, and Stephen F. Austin are joining and they are adding FCS Football.
https://www.wacsports.com/expansion/index
So that gives them 2 provisional FCS schools (Tarleton and Dixie), one marginally FBS school (NewMags), 5 FCS schools, with discussion going on to bring on another FCS (Sac St?/NAU?/), and in-house schools that might bring FB back or add FB (Cal-Baptist/UVCC).

In any case, the NewMags are now the Idaho of the WAC (Idaho kept its University Division FB status for years after being an organizing member of the college division Big Sky, which was why USU kept scheduling them home-and-home through the '60s). How long before the pressures of FBS and the WAC force the NewMags to step down a division, just like Idaho had to?
How long for New Mexico State? They were passed that point years ago.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post:
USU78



dogie
Posts: 3112
Joined: November 4th, 2010, 7:56 pm
Has thanked: 34 times
Been thanked: 141 times

Re: The WAC is attempting to pull off a weird coup

Post by dogie » January 14th, 2021, 7:39 pm

flying_scotsman2.0 wrote:
January 7th, 2021, 3:19 pm
ViAggie wrote:
January 7th, 2021, 3:04 pm
I'm really surprised that SUU agreed to join. SUU and Dixie are joining FCS before Weber State, LOLZ that's hilarious.
The Big Sky is FCS. The WAC is now FCS. I have no idea why SUU would leave the Big Sky. I guess with Dixie as a travel partner maybe it made more sense for their finances?
I also can’t believe that SUU would leave the Big Sky (one of the oldest and best FCS conferences) for the new WAC. I see that as comparable to leaving the MWC for the Sun Belt, but back when the Sun Belt was just moving up to FBS.

I don’t know why they wouldn’t want to be affiliated with schools like NAU, Montana, Idaho, Weber State, UC Davis, etc.



NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.
Posts: 17733
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:09 am
Location: Where the sagebrush grows!
Has thanked: 888 times
Been thanked: 913 times

Re: The WAC is attempting to pull off a weird coup

Post by NVAggie » January 15th, 2021, 7:53 am

You are right. We beat them in 2018 60-13. The Bowl season of 2017 was a different story when we let them beat us 26-20.



Yossarian
Posts: 4533
Joined: November 14th, 2010, 11:56 pm
Has thanked: 72 times
Been thanked: 795 times

Re: The WAC is attempting to pull off a weird coup

Post by Yossarian » January 15th, 2021, 10:50 am

So adding 3 more teams to the already dilute FBS football market in Utah? Is there budget in the state coffers for this?



User avatar
OKAggie
Posts: 2538
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:32 am
Location: Tulsa, OK
Has thanked: 111 times
Been thanked: 331 times

Re: The WAC is attempting to pull off a weird coup

Post by OKAggie » January 15th, 2021, 11:31 am

dogie wrote:
January 14th, 2021, 7:39 pm
flying_scotsman2.0 wrote:
January 7th, 2021, 3:19 pm
ViAggie wrote:
January 7th, 2021, 3:04 pm
I'm really surprised that SUU agreed to join. SUU and Dixie are joining FCS before Weber State, LOLZ that's hilarious.
The Big Sky is FCS. The WAC is now FCS. I have no idea why SUU would leave the Big Sky. I guess with Dixie as a travel partner maybe it made more sense for their finances?
I also can’t believe that SUU would leave the Big Sky (one of the oldest and best FCS conferences) for the new WAC. I see that as comparable to leaving the MWC for the Sun Belt, but back when the Sun Belt was just moving up to FBS.

I don’t know why they wouldn’t want to be affiliated with schools like NAU, Montana, Idaho, Weber State, UC Davis, etc.
The new and improved WAC, at least -- Sam Houston, Stephen F. Austin and Lamar are all a step up from everyone in the current WAC except NMSU, and GCU in basketball (Abilene Christian is a real head-scratcher though -- maybe they needed a travel partner for Tarleton State :headscratch: ). They have the pre-packaged rivalry with Whatever Dixie Is Going To Be Called State, which they never really developed with Weber or Northern Arizona. WAC 5.0 with NMSU, GCU and SFA has potential to be a two-bid league someday. And it would give them a home for baseball if they chose to add it, which the BSC doesn't sponsor.

All that together still doesn't quite make sense to me, but it did to them, and they're the ones doing it. What's a little more surprising is the Texas schools leaving the Southland, but I suspect not everyone there was committed to making a jump to FBS.
Last edited by OKAggie on January 15th, 2021, 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.


Nobody here knows anything.

User avatar
ViAggie
Posts: 11460
Joined: June 16th, 2011, 6:49 pm
Location: Temecula, California
Has thanked: 705 times
Been thanked: 478 times

Re: The WAC is attempting to pull off a weird coup

Post by ViAggie » January 15th, 2021, 12:00 pm

When did Cal State Bakersfield leave the WAC?

Edit - wow I guess they did, good for them, looks like they were able to join many of their Cal State Brothers in joining the Cal Bus League: https://gorunners.com/news/2020/6/30/ge ... -west.aspx


Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic