Deseret News hit piece on John Hartwell

Big Blue's House is intended for general sports talk, sharing ideas, announcements, etc.
LKGates

Deseret News hit piece on John Hartwell

Post by LKGates » November 16th, 2020, 11:30 pm

https://www.deseret.com/sports/2020/11/ ... university

This was a biased and inaccurate hit piece on John Hartwell. It contained easily fact checked errors, including the claim that Jerry Finkbeiner was the head women's basketball coach for 30 years. It gave no context to the departure of several coaches, including those that left for substantially higher paying P5 jobs. It gives the impression of a lazy "journalist" with an ax to grind. No wonder newspapers are going under.
These users thanked the author LKGates for the post (total 2):
USU78AggieArmy

Freelance adventurer and international man of mystery.

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Re: Deseret News hit piece on John Hartwell

Post by NVAggie » November 17th, 2020, 7:25 am

I won't even click on the link to provide it traffic.
These users thanked the author NVAggie for the post (total 2):
AggieArmyBLUERUFiO

Full

Post by Full » November 17th, 2020, 3:51 pm

It’s by Doug Robinson, so of course he’s piling on when the program is down. If there is something to criticize about USU he’s quick to jump on it. He’ll always be the guy that wrote the biased article about renaming the stadium after the remodel. His articles include advocating USU and BYU joining a basketball only conference together, the university’s sexual assault scandals, or an article of him being upset about the track coach that disappeared and he never got the story show. He’s got an issue with the USU athletic department, and maybe it’s John specifically based on his latest poorly researched hit piece.

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » November 17th, 2020, 4:34 pm

He was the guy who wrote an article saying usu shouldnt have fired dennehy and were unfair to him. Granted guy wasn't exactly a step up, but usu was very fair to dennehy. He was given 5 years and was taking the program backwards. I understand independence was a challenge, but giving dennehy another 2 years just would have led to him having 7 losing seasons instead of 5.

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » November 17th, 2020, 5:46 pm

Nothing about the Andersen firing tells me he was fired simply because he lost 3 games.

I didn’t see him mention that Hartwell hired one heckuva basketball coach either.

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » November 17th, 2020, 11:54 pm

Imakeitrain wrote:
November 17th, 2020, 5:46 pm
Nothing about the Andersen firing tells me he was fired simply because he lost 3 games.

I didn’t see him mention that Hartwell hired one heckuva basketball coach either.
Andersen was fired for more than wins and losses. usu would not fire a guy this soon for just on field results especially Gary. Usu obviously hasnt disclosed all the details and probably never will, but Robinson should use some common sense in evaluating the situation.

Stucki

Post by Stucki » November 23rd, 2020, 7:30 pm

I think that his problem with the track & field situation is that Gensel was his coach.

Hail the Utah Aggies!

Locked Previous topicNext topic