Poor Picked On Bougars

Big Blue's House is intended for general sports talk, sharing ideas, announcements, etc.
USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

Poor Picked On Bougars

Post by USU78 » June 3rd, 2020, 9:02 pm

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Re: Poor Picked On Bougars

Post by aggies22 » June 4th, 2020, 8:35 am

They should probably just give up and drop football altogether.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post:
USU78

USUMAE

Post by USUMAE » June 4th, 2020, 2:46 pm

Ahhh poor kitties....

Okay so here's my question.
1) They blame a lot on injuries. Isn't one of the key purposes of strength and conditioning to minimize injuries? Seems like they are admitting they don't do that well.
2) Perhaps I'm making a strawman argument here, but doesn't BYU claim they're "P5"level? Yet they blame a harder schedule for injuries? Wouldn't their schedule be much harder of they were actually P5? Seems like this is evidence they are a solid G5 team.
These users thanked the author USUMAE for the post:
sstrasser

ShowMeAggie

Post by ShowMeAggie » June 5th, 2020, 12:12 pm

didn't expect much else from a BYU hack like Drew, but the elitist garbage this article spews makes me vomit in my mouth.

"When we were in the Mountain West, we weren’t getting banged up as much because a lot of times we were blowing people out and the starters didn’t play in the fourth quarter.” I give that statement two pukes :puke: :puke:

“No matter what happens — BYU could have losing seasons for five straight seasons — and people are still going to follow BYU. It is very difficult for people to pull away from BYU." true, but still disgusting; one puke :puke:

"[Criddle] points to players such as Utah’s Francis Bernard and Star Lotulelei and former Utah State safety Dallin Leavitt who were BYU recruits but couldn’t stay in Provo for one reason or another and are or will likely be playing in the NFL." [not "didn't" or "chose not to", but they "couldn't" stay in Provo...] this one gets my highest rating of 4 pukes :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

“Now, if you want to have the most complete university experience around, BYU might be your best choice." Come. on. 3 pukes. :puke: :puke: :puke:

"If we are going to play a Power Five schedule, which we are, we are going to need Power Five kids, Power Five student-athletes.” [for reference, their 2019 schedule included p5 powerhouses Toledo, South Florida, Liberty, Idaho State, Massachusetts, in addition to MWC teams BSU, USU, and SDSU, and Hawaii in their bowl game. yep, sounds like a P5 schedule to me :crazy: ] false. misleading. elitist. two pukes. :puke: :puke:

"you’ve also got to be able to get those guys who can survive the academic rigors of BYU, in addition to the honor code, and that can be really difficult.” honor code...OK. but is BYU really that much more rigorous than anywhere else, USU included? one puke. :puke:

what did I miss?
These users thanked the author ShowMeAggie for the post (total 5):
GUSaggies22USU78DaKineKaneAggiePT

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » June 5th, 2020, 1:16 pm

ShowMeAggie wrote:
June 5th, 2020, 12:12 pm
didn't expect much else from a BYU hack like Drew, but the elitist garbage this article spews makes me vomit in my mouth.

"When we were in the Mountain West, we weren’t getting banged up as much because a lot of times we were blowing people out and the starters didn’t play in the fourth quarter.” I give that statement two pukes :puke: :puke:

“No matter what happens — BYU could have losing seasons for five straight seasons — and people are still going to follow BYU. It is very difficult for people to pull away from BYU." true, but still disgusting; one puke :puke:

"[Criddle] points to players such as Utah’s Francis Bernard and Star Lotulelei and former Utah State safety Dallin Leavitt who were BYU recruits but couldn’t stay in Provo for one reason or another and are or will likely be playing in the NFL." [not "didn't" or "chose not to", but they "couldn't" stay in Provo...] this one gets my highest rating of 4 pukes :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

“Now, if you want to have the most complete university experience around, BYU might be your best choice." Come. on. 3 pukes. :puke: :puke: :puke:

"If we are going to play a Power Five schedule, which we are, we are going to need Power Five kids, Power Five student-athletes.” [for reference, their 2019 schedule included p5 powerhouses Toledo, South Florida, Liberty, Idaho State, Massachusetts, in addition to MWC teams BSU, USU, and SDSU, and Hawaii in their bowl game. yep, sounds like a P5 schedule to me :crazy: ] false. misleading. elitist. two pukes. :puke: :puke:

"you’ve also got to be able to get those guys who can survive the academic rigors of BYU, in addition to the honor code, and that can be really difficult.” honor code...OK. but is BYU really that much more rigorous than anywhere else, USU included? one puke. :puke:

what did I miss?
I think you about covered it my Aggie brother!
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post:
AggiePT

AgSpaceCase

Post by AgSpaceCase » June 5th, 2020, 1:24 pm

Thanks for covering it. I tried to read it but could hold my lunch down enough to make it mare than a paragraph or two into it.
These users thanked the author AgSpaceCase for the post (total 2):
DaKineKaneAggiePT

"Due to budget cutbacks the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off...."

AgMan21

Post by AgMan21 » June 5th, 2020, 1:38 pm

Every time I saw that headline on the front page, I just kept thinking "how is this a whole article. They aren't getting drafted because they aren't good enough."
These users thanked the author AgMan21 for the post (total 3):
ShowMeAggieaggies22DaKineKane

DaKineKane
Been thanked: 0

Post by DaKineKane » June 7th, 2020, 2:54 pm

“Now, if you want to have the most complete university experience around, BYU might be your best choice. I’ve been told that that is the pitch BYU makes.” The most complete university experience around? Give me a break with the illogical BYU-is-best-at-everything garbage.

swordsman1989

Post by swordsman1989 » June 11th, 2020, 11:42 am

BYU is hardly a typical, all around, college experience. At least USU has Frats and Sororities like a normal school.

Private schools with strong academics can and do thrive as P5 and top tier independents. You don’t hear Stanford, USC, Duke, Northwestern, Boston College, or Notre Dame all complaining about their academic standards being too tough to compete, and BYU doesn’t hold a candle to those schools.

And BTW, BYU hardly dominated the MWC. They won 4 titles in 13 seasons of play, the same number as Utah and TCU.

Locked Previous topicNext topic