Ladell Andersen, Aggie Legend

Big Blue's House is intended for general sports talk, sharing ideas, announcements, etc.
BeNo

Ladell Andersen, Aggie Legend

Post by BeNo » December 30th, 2019, 11:58 am

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Re: Ladell Andersen, Aggie Legend

Post by ProvoAggie » December 30th, 2019, 1:01 pm

usufans.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=51901

troutputz
RIP

Post by troutputz » December 30th, 2019, 6:39 pm

Great Coach, Great Man......he was so nice to me as a squirrely 11 year old the night I met Estes in the locker room of the old fieldhouse. He made sure I got the royal treatment that fateful night, when later tragedy struck with the electrocution of Estes. I met him many times the last 10 years down here in Dixie. Went to his house several times and just talked Aggie sports for hours. He was so gracious to me. He did well to live to 90, as he had trouble with his feet cause of diabetes.

My sister who is 6 years older than me and going to USU from 1968 to 1972 has nothing but great things to say about Ladell. He was her Bishop for a number of years when she and her husband lived down on the Island by what is now Herms

He coached my all time Aggie favorite team of Jeppson, Tebbs, Tollestrup, Roberts, and Williams. My favorite individual Aggies have been, Estes, Halimon, Williams, Roberts, Green, Wesley, Nelson, Grant, J.C., Walker, Collier, Perry, Youngblood, Washington, Tony Brown, and now Sam Merrill.
These users thanked the author troutputz for the post:
USU78

mcaggie1

Post by mcaggie1 » January 17th, 2020, 10:44 am

troutputz wrote:
December 30th, 2019, 6:39 pm
Great Coach, Great Man......he was so nice to me as a squirrely 11 year old the night I met Estes in the locker room of the old fieldhouse. He made sure I got the royal treatment that fateful night, when later tragedy struck with the electrocution of Estes. I met him many times the last 10 years down here in Dixie. Went to his house several times and just talked Aggie sports for hours. He was so gracious to me. He did well to live to 90, as he had trouble with his feet cause of diabetes.

My sister who is 6 years older than me and going to USU from 1968 to 1972 has nothing but great things to say about Ladell. He was her Bishop for a number of years when she and her husband lived down on the Island by what is now Herms

He coached my all time Aggie favorite team of Jeppson, Tebbs, Tollestrup, Roberts, and Williams. My favorite individual Aggies have been, Estes, Halimon, Williams, Roberts, Green, Wesley, Nelson, Grant, J.C., Walker, Collier, Perry, Youngblood, Washington, Tony Brown, and now Sam Merrill.
Putz, you and I have lived the same "Aggie" life.....except I am a little older. (USU from 1966 to 1974)(a mission and a few extra work years). I met Estes too, and LaDell several times. He even wrote me on my mission. I will never forget getting that envelope from USU with Ladell's name on it.

Every player you mentioned are exactly the same favorites I have. I think I would ad Queta, just because he is so fun to watch play and interact with the fans.
Thanks for stirring up the memories.
These users thanked the author mcaggie1 for the post:
oleblu111

lionhead

Post by lionhead » January 24th, 2020, 7:22 pm

All Honor to His Name

Locked Previous topicNext topic