Weber State heading to FCS semifinals, took down Montana

Big Blue's House is intended for general sports talk, sharing ideas, announcements, etc.
NowhereLandAggie

Weber State heading to FCS semifinals, took down Montana

Post by NowhereLandAggie » December 13th, 2019, 11:17 pm

Going to play James Madison next week. I have to say I am slightly jealous of the setup FCS has. Any team from any conference can get into the playoffs if the conference participates (the Ivy league nor the SWAC do not.)

It is exciting to see a genuine tournament where all teams are given a chance to settle it on the field. It was a sloppy, but exciting game in Ogden. I hope FBS someday does the same.
These users thanked the author NowhereLandAggie for the post (total 3):
USU78aggies22thegreendalegelf

AGinNEIowa
Pick'em Champ - '15, '16, '17 WTHCG

Re: Weber State heading to FCS semifinals, took down Montana

Post by AGinNEIowa » December 14th, 2019, 9:01 am

I watched both televised quarterfinal games last night - Northern Iowa at James Mason had a dual interest for me (live in UNI's backyard, and a friend I made through cheer coaching is now running the JMU program). That game was even more of a defensive struggle than Montana at WSU.

JMU's only game scoring under 20 all season had been 17-20 loss at West Virginia and had scored 54,48,55 and 66 in the last 4 games. The Dukes held UNI to about 115 yards and the Panthers only crossed their own 40 once all night.

Semi's should be very good, too. Today, I see NDSU beating Illinois St at home- as the did 37-3 on the road in early October - to round out the final four and play Montana State who beat Austin Peay last night in Bozeman.

Interesting that the final 8 teams were heavily populated from 2 conferences - Big Sky and Missouri Valley each had 3

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » December 15th, 2019, 7:29 am

Go Dukes!

mcaggie1

Post by mcaggie1 » December 16th, 2019, 3:25 pm

I watched the second half. Montana''s QB was the worst QB I have seen this year at any level.
Maybe he was better in the first half, but in the second half, he was awful.

Locked Previous topicNext topic