In hindsight, the MWC should have taken us and

Big Blue's House is intended for general sports talk, sharing ideas, announcements, etc.
ViAggie

In hindsight, the MWC should have taken us and

Post by ViAggie » March 18th, 2019, 6:00 pm

NMSU. Stellar basketball, both men and women, have at least had SOME success in FB. More than we can say about the Jossers.

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

72AgGrad
RIP

Re: In hindsight, the MWC should have taken us and

Post by 72AgGrad » March 18th, 2019, 7:13 pm

ViAggie wrote:
March 18th, 2019, 6:00 pm
NMSU. Stellar basketball, both men and women, have at least had SOME success in FB. More than we can say about the Jossers.
I agree. I'm guessing that the main reason for including SJSU was the number of TV sets in the bay area, but how that matters if nobody is watching escapes me. Plus, If UNM ever has ANYTHING to say about it, NMSU will NEVER be in the same league.

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » March 18th, 2019, 7:36 pm

72AgGrad wrote:
March 18th, 2019, 7:13 pm
ViAggie wrote:
March 18th, 2019, 6:00 pm
I agree. I'm guessing that the main reason for including SJSU was the number of TV sets in the bay area, but how that matters if nobody is watching escapes me. Plus, If UNM ever has ANYTHING to say about it, NMSU will NEVER be in the same league.
We know how that goes.

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » March 20th, 2019, 9:28 pm

SJSU was far better at football the immediate year prior and for sometime prior.

Even in the sun belt they are a 3-9 football team. SJSU was never really consistently good, but they have had good years in the WAC, they were often significantly better than NMSU. They peaked at the right time.

Yes NMSU has hoops, but that’s no what drives decisions

justinmorrey

Post by justinmorrey » March 21st, 2019, 9:15 am

72AgGrad wrote:
March 18th, 2019, 7:13 pm

I live in the Bay Area and a school couldn't be cared about less than SJSU. People are super smart here and really value education so when you have all these highly regarded academic institutions like Berkeley, Stanford, and a bunch of smaller private schools I get the feeling that cheering for SJSU is like admitting you're not as smart as the people around you. Maybe I'm misinterpreting the feeling, but it's a weird dynamic.

Locked Previous topicNext topic